watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nigel Clough

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 31, 2019, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Nice to see him having a go at the Premier league fat cats and telling them to put their hands in their pockets and save the likes of Bury and Bolton.
He states that some of  the billions being ploughed into the top league from TV rights,should drop down into the EFL,as these clubs are the backbone of the game....Well done Nigel.
Let's hope they listen. 049:gif

sunburywhite

No chance they will listen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobbo

I was thinking very much along those lines myself . With the vulgar amount of money in the game nowadays it just should never be happening to the likes of bury ne Bolton , but I fear because of all the money and where it's being channelled it's probably the exact reason it's happening.
    I've not seen any comments by Nigel Clough but good for him.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

junior white

It wouldn't stop the issue of Bolton and Bury though, human nature says live to your means (in football terms beyond them as well) so get more money spend more money that's what would happen.

toshes mate

Perhaps there wouldn't be any unpleasant insolvencies if just a few percentage points of the media money was allowed to trickle down from top to bottom.  Of course that would require a Fit For Purpose array of football authorities rather than the bunch of mercenaries we currently have, nationally and internationally.

fulhamfever

Quote from: junior white on July 31, 2019, 02:57:33 PM
It wouldn't stop the issue of Bolton and Burnley though, human nature says live to your means (in football terms beyond them as well) so get more money spend more money that's what would happen.

Poor Burnley haha

hovewhite

Football is a greedy monster of sport now as are all owners wanting PL football!

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on July 31, 2019, 03:06:10 PM
Football is a greedy monster of sport now as are all owners wanting PL football!
Pushed in part by a demanding fan base
Just the views of a long term fan

junior white

Maybe there wouldn't be TM, but clubs are greedy and want success sop that's why the over spend and  why we get to these unpleasant situations more often than not. Give them more they will spend more.

The ownership is an issue the league will never get right, they pass through people thinking they can solve an issue short term, or that's how it seems to me. I feel for Bury have done everything asked and then get told there game is suspended or that's how it seems.

Nothing will solve the financial plight of football until players, clubs, chairman are taken to task over what they charge fans and start to respect fans. A salary cap rather than FFP may be a better issue, salary cap covering all weekly wages, any form of bonus and a signing on fee. Maybe set that at a max of 60% of income or something, but no one would agree to it and I am sure people would find away around it

junior white

Quote from: fulhamfever on July 31, 2019, 03:05:49 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 31, 2019, 02:57:33 PM
It wouldn't stop the issue of Bolton and Burnley though, human nature says live to your means (in football terms beyond them as well) so get more money spend more money that's what would happen.

Poor Burnley haha
Oops meant bury

bog

Well said Nigel, your dad would be proud of you. The suits are only interested in big money so don't give a thought for the little clubs.

092.gif

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: toshes mate on July 31, 2019, 03:03:44 PM
Perhaps there wouldn't be any unpleasant insolvencies if just a few percentage points of the media money was allowed to trickle down from top to bottom.  Of course that would require a Fit For Purpose array of football authorities rather than the bunch of mercenaries we currently have, nationally and internationally.

Fit for purpose just means FA or FIFA controlled. F that. Let the market be free.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 31, 2019, 02:40:40 PM
No chance they will listen

They forget that the football league pyramid is built on teams like Bury and clubs further down the pyramid, They are the foundation. Too much money at the top going to spoilt brat millionaires, good on Nigel Clough the voice of reason.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

All that would happen is the agents will see more money coming into the clubs so demande bigger money for their players and themselves
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SG

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 31, 2019, 04:40:04 PM
All that would happen is the agents will see more money coming into the clubs so demande bigger money for their players and themselves

And there is another parasite that i would remove from football. If a player wants an agent he pays them himself. It is diabolical that an agent can work for both club and player and be paid twice for the same transaction. Any fee paid should come out of the players income just as we have to pay for any 'professional' advice obtained

Tempest

Surely up to each club to manage within their means? Absolutely no responsibility from one club to support another.  Too many pro clubs. More need to fold and league needs to be streamlined.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Andy S

Tempest I wonder about people like you
Do you not realise all these clubs represent towns and communities and that is why they mean so much. That is why all these clubs still exist. Long may we all survive

Apprentice to the Maestro

Maybe if supporters trusts owned the ground with the FA acquiring grounds then failing owners might be moved on more easily and clubs wouldn't go under.

Also, why should clubs and therefore their fans be punished with points deductions for the follies of the owners. Maybe the owners could pay a 5% deposit that could be forfeited if the club goes into administration.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tempest on July 31, 2019, 04:52:05 PM
Surely up to each club to manage within their means? Absolutely no responsibility from one club to support another.  Too many pro clubs. More need to fold and league needs to be streamlined.

You had your tablets today....Hilarious statement.

Twig

Well there are surely too many London clubs. Fulham are only small, let's hope they fold in order to rationalise the situation a bit.  Whilst we're at it let's hope Charlton, Brentford, Milwall etc. go 5he same way. Leave the field open to those lovely London Prem clubs. ..........Seriously what a load of tosh.