https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Bale.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 01, 2019, 08:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 01, 2019, 10:54:35 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 01, 2019, 10:53:38 AM
Madrid have some of the worst fans going. They booed Ronaldo. One of the best players to have ever lived and play for them.

Our supporters boo our players. Not just a Madrid thing.

So Christie is the same as Ronaldo? I feel dirty even being in the same thread as that comment.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on August 01, 2019, 11:01:10 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 01, 2019, 10:49:32 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 01, 2019, 10:46:52 AM
Surely most top clubs nowadays have players from a broad mix of nationalities. If you want a common language in the dressing room it makes more sense to pick a global language, English, rather than insisting everyone speaks your local language. For the same reasons most multinational organisations have English-speaking head offices, irrespective of where in the world they're located. 

Mandarin most spoken language on the planet, so surely that should be the preferred one?

By a billion impoverised Chinese farmers maybe, but English is the language of football dressing rooms and company board rooms

I mean, Spanish is ranked 4th and he's moved to Spain so I hardly think its uncalled for, for him to at least try and learn the language.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Surely most top clubs nowadays have players from a broad mix of nationalities. If you want a common language in the dressing room it makes more sense to pick a global language, English, rather than insisting everyone speaks your local language. For the same reasons most multinational organisations have English-speaking head offices, irrespective of where in the world they're located. 

Really? Even if training was conducting in English it would make sense for the players to learn the local language to communicate through the PR department with the local fans.

FFC1987

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 01, 2019, 11:44:21 AM

Really? Even if training was conducting in English it would make sense for the players to learn the local language to communicate through the PR department with the local fans.

That's literally the downfall. Bale doesn't work well with locals especially journos and suddenly he gets bad press and fans hate him. I don't like it but thats what I think happened. Plus, as we know, its always easier to twist statements from interpreters.

Woolly Mammoth

Mandarin most spoken language on the planet, so surely that should be the preferred one?

I like their 🍊 oranges.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 01, 2019, 11:15:19 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 01, 2019, 10:54:35 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 01, 2019, 10:53:38 AM
Madrid have some of the worst fans going. They booed Ronaldo. One of the best players to have ever lived and play for them.

Our supporters boo our players. Not just a Madrid thing.

So Christie is the same as Ronaldo? I feel dirty even being in the same thread as that comment.

Notwithstanding that you obviously failed to understand the comment, do you mean that it is ok to boo your own players, except for star players like Ronaldo? Or do you have another less ridiculous reason for your comment? I for one would at least rather applaud effort than talent, but would boo neither if they represented FFC.

Nero

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 01, 2019, 11:20:42 AM

By a billion impoverised Chinese farmers maybe, but English is the language of football dressing rooms and company board rooms

I mean, Spanish is ranked 4th and he's moved to Spain so I hardly think its uncalled for, for him to at least try and learn the language.

Bloody Spanish living in their own country not wanting to speak in our language Bloody disgrace, no wonder we want out of he EU

Statto

Quote from: Nero on August 01, 2019, 12:05:51 PM

Bloody Spanish living in their own country not wanting to speak in our language Bloody disgrace, no wonder we want out of he EU

The Real Madrid website is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Indonesian and several weird squiggle languages. So if their players want to communicate with fans, presumably they'd need to learn all those languages. Must be a nightmare for someone who's only there on a season-long loan and having to learn 8 new languages in a few months - I hope for Anguissa's sake the situation isn't the same at Villarreal.   

BTW the EU, like most supranational organisations, conducts most of its business in English.

gezkc

Quote from: Statto on August 01, 2019, 12:27:22 PM

The Real Madrid website is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Indonesian and several weird squiggle languages. So if their players want to communicate with fans, presumably they'd need to learn all those languages. Must be a nightmare for someone who's only there on a season-long loan and having to learn 8 new languages in a few months - I hope for Anguissa's sake the situation isn't the same at Villarreal.   

BTW the EU, like most supranational organisations, conducts most of its business in English.

You'd think Bale would at least have found it useful to learn the local language so he can pop down the shops and order food etc. No one's suggesting he learn a "weird squiggle language", whatever you think that is.

Jamie88

To be fair, as I understand it, he does speak and understand Spanish, but just not very fluently.
If their reason for hatred towards him is mainly down to the fact he doesn't communicate well in Spanish, it seems very harsh.
Slav has worked over here for several years at Chelsea, Watford and us and his English was atrocious! The fans didn't hate him for it

MikeCdawg

:005:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 01, 2019, 11:52:05 AM

I like their 🍊 oranges.

Especially on top of Butterscotch Instant Whip....Yummy