watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Bale.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 01, 2019, 08:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

What has he done wrong at Real Madrid to be treated the way he has? He's won virtually everything possible there and scored over 100 goals. What more can he do??
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Buffalo76

I'm thinking the same. ZZ really doesn't seem 2 like him 🙄

Dr Quinzel

It's just who Real Madrid are. A classless club masquerading as the Best of football.

During the Galacticos era they had a dress code for players when outside of work, declaring they must set the standard, yet they treat players like this. When they would go 1-0 down their fans would boo, hiss and wave white flags. I know we forget our positives occasionally, but this lot take the biscuit - they show more emotion from not winning then when they do.

Mince n Tatties

Nothing to do with Bale,but they are a poo club who show no respect.
Back in the Eighties when they met Aberdeen in European final,they showed them no respect, their manager think it was Di Steffano laughed when interviewed about the match saying he'd never heard of the Scottish club and we should see the match out ok(what a ridiculous statement as Aberdeen had just beat Bayern Munich in the semi final.
Anyway after the final whistle and Aberdeen's victory,their captain Willie Miller walked over to Di Steffano and this is true what he said to him as he held the trophy.."You f****** know who Aberdeen are now....Brilliant.

Skatzoffc

Is it not just because they get no fee from the Chinese league/club?

Genuine question
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

It was John Wark of Ipswich fame that told me what Miller said to their manager,it was at a football function at Portman Rd about 12 years ago,went along with a pal from Newmarket who supports Ipswich...Nice day chatting to players,the late Kevin Beattie talked to me for a good 10 mins,very humble and polite he was,shame he died so young.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 01, 2019, 09:16:25 AM
Is it not just because they get no fee from the Chinese league/club?

Genuine question

They agreed the deal to let Bale chat to them, so the lack of a fee should have not come as a surprise.

FFC1987

John Wark turned up at my teams end of season do to do a speech and present us with tophies when we won the treble at youth level once. He was amazing, albeit, looking back, very drunk!

I think bale doesn't help himself sometimes, like his golfing comment rather than reserves. Seems a long standing thing though.

toshes mate

According to his compatriot John Toshack, Bale's refusal to learn Spanish has played a big part in the collapse of his support from Real Madrid's top people.  Probably just as well he didn't go to China then ...

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: toshes mate on August 01, 2019, 09:29:23 AM
According to his compatriot John Toshack, Bale's refusal to learn Spanish has played a big part in the collapse of his support from Real Madrid's top people.  Probably just as well he didn't go to China then ...

You'd think, after being there for 6 years, he'd be fluent by now. Bloody foreigners not integrating to the country that took them in.

FFC1987

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 01, 2019, 09:34:48 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on August 01, 2019, 09:29:23 AM

You'd think, after being there for 6 years, he'd be fluent by now. Bloody foreigners not integrating to the country that took them in.

I think theres a lot of truth to that.

Mince n Tatties

The lefties getting their Two bobs worth in.Zzzzzz

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 01, 2019, 09:48:38 AM

Here come the righties zzzzzzzzz

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 01, 2019, 09:48:38 AM

Why do you think that?

Statto

Surely most top clubs nowadays have players from a broad mix of nationalities. If you want a common language in the dressing room it makes more sense to pick a global language, English, rather than insisting everyone speaks your local language. For the same reasons most multinational organisations have English-speaking head offices, irrespective of where in the world they're located. 

gezkc

I get the impression Bale's just in it for the money these days. I read an article a while back that he said he was happy to just play golf and receive his pay cheque each month. His move to China where he'd reportedly be getting £1 million per week also supports this, especially since he seems reluctant to come back to the Premier League despite interest from a number of clubs.

His refusal to learn the language also hasn't endeared him to fans or people within the club so it's no wonder he's being frozen out.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Statto on August 01, 2019, 10:46:52 AM
Surely most top clubs nowadays have players from a broad mix of nationalities. If you want a common language in the dressing room it makes more sense to pick a global language, English, rather than insisting everyone speaks your local language. For the same reasons most multinational organisations have English-speaking head offices, irrespective of where in the world they're located. 

Mandarin most spoken language on the planet, so surely that should be the preferred one?

JoelH5

Madrid have some of the worst fans going. They booed Ronaldo. One of the best players to have ever lived and play for them.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 01, 2019, 10:53:38 AM
Madrid have some of the worst fans going. They booed Ronaldo. One of the best players to have ever lived and play for them.

Our supporters boo our players. Not just a Madrid thing.

Statto

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 01, 2019, 10:49:32 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 01, 2019, 10:46:52 AM

Mandarin most spoken language on the planet, so surely that should be the preferred one?

By a billion impoverised Chinese farmers maybe, but English is the language of football dressing rooms and company board rooms