watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This should benefit us tomorrow 😁

Started by Riversider, August 02, 2019, 02:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Barnsley's top scorer Kieffer Moore is in talks with Wigan Athletic over a proposed move, big loss for them tomorrow,
They've already lost both centre backs and their keeper.

Quick heads up on a rule change that I've just discovered,
When you have a goal kick you can now pass to a team member without the ball having to leave the area, hopefully this will help Bettinelli as it's a striking weakness when the opposition are pressing our full backs.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on August 02, 2019, 02:45:59 PM
Barnsley's top scorer Kieffer Moore is in talks with Wigan Athletic over a proposed move, big loss for them tomorrow,
They've already lost both centre backs and their keeper.

When you have a goal kick you can now pass to a team member without the ball having to leave the area, hopefully this will help Bettinelli as it's a striking weakness when the opposition are pressing our full backs.
Oh dear , we will now be guilty of short passing in our own penalty area instead of just outside of it.

Syd Cupp

Im guessing that the opponent is not allowed in the area when this is being done.
Seems a crazy new rule.

Tabby

Quote from: Syd Cupp on August 02, 2019, 04:06:33 PM

Im guessing that the opponent is not allowed in the area when this is being done.
Seems a crazy new rule.

They can go inside the area as soon as the ball is kicked. Just like how it works with a free kick.

fulhamben

Seems a crazy new rule.
its to benefit the likes of city, and possible us if parker is just a ranieri/slava clone. Stops players from closing down the short pass, and allows teams to play out from the back. Terrible rule imo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,Β  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

What is a Ranieri/Slav clone? They didn't really strike me as having too many similarities.

Also, many teams play out from the back more often than not.

Montague

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2019, 04:09:18 PM

Seems a crazy new rule.

its to benefit the likes of city, and possible us if parker is just a ranieri/slava clone. Stops players from closing down the short pass, and allows teams to play out from the back. Terrible rule imo

Seen this rule in operation youth football during the last few weeks. Actually works really well and is to the defenders advantage when playing out of the back - gives them the advantage of a pressing forward not being immediately on them when controlling the ball or making the next pass.

might seem like a crazy rule but works well in practice and makes no difference to those who like to kick long from a goal kick

SP

Funny how these rule changes can sometimes have unitended consequences.Β  I still miss the comical own goals we used to get occasionally before they outlawed the back pass to the keeper.

Fulham1959

Quote from: SP on August 02, 2019, 05:13:35 PM
Funny how these rule changes can sometimes have unitended consequences.Β  I still miss the comical own goals we used to get occasionally before they outlawed the back pass to the keeper.

The back-pass hasn't been outlawed (to my knowledge).

fulhamben

[/quote]

Seen this rule in operation youth football during the last few weeks. Actually works really well and is to the defenders advantage when playing out of the back - gives them the advantage of a pressing forward not being immediately on them when controlling the ball or making the next pass.

might seem like a crazy rule but works well in practice and makes no difference to those who like to kick long from a goal kick
[/quote] that's my point, it only benefits teams like city, to allow them to play out

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 02, 2019, 04:30:58 PM
What is a Ranieri/Slav clone? They didn't really strike me as having too many similarities.

Also, many teams play out from the back more often than not.
really, well I couldn't tell the difference between how we played. And I've seen nothing from parker to suggest our style will differ at all. Plus the only 2 transfers we have made slot straight into slavs formation.

davew

Please donΒ΄t tell me we are favourites 2moro, but we are, the bookies are offering 6/5 on a Fulham win so they donΒ΄t really fancy us. If we win it will be a good price, thatΒ΄s what my money is on a Fulham win!! COYW!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tabby

6/5 isn't favourite status? Draw and Barnsley are 5/2.