watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Their Two Centre Backs Today.

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 03, 2019, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Andersen and Diaby both signed in the summer for less than a million from AFC Horsens and Lokeren had Mitro and co in their pockets.
Funny how other clubs seem to find bargains somewhere, and our useless lot cant.😯

Andy S

That's life. It seems to me that our forward line and midfield didn't click today

filham

Quote from: Andy S on August 03, 2019, 05:20:18 PM
That's life. It seems to me that our forward line and midfield didn't click today
Just hope they click next week, how many matches without a goal before we say our attack is not up to championship standard.
Remember we failed to score at home last week.

FulhamKC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2019, 05:18:02 PM
Andersen and Diaby both signed in the summer for less than a million from AFC Horsens and Lokeren had Mitro and co in their pockets.
Funny how other clubs seem to find bargains somewhere, and our useless lot cant.😯

And if TK had signed them people on here would be baying about signing unproven players from lower level European leagues.

General

Quote from: FulhamKC on August 03, 2019, 06:01:30 PM

And if TK had signed them people on here would be baying about signing unproven players from lower level European leagues.

what - you mean like Ayite, Kebano and Kamara...?!

Robbie

I say again, how many times have we seen mediocre Premier league players look even worse in the Championship.

I fear we will lose 10 and then do a clear out.

MikeW

Andy S  - can't accept 'that's life'.  We have been woefully remiss in strenghening our squad that had defensive frailties in our promotion season, was terrible last year and we have done nothing at all to improve.  If it wasn't so professionally remiss it would be laughable that a team is managed like this.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Didn't click today you say, I feel so much better to read that. It doesn't seem to ever click whether it's yesterday or last week or tomorrow. It is not life to under perform week after week without breaking sweat. It's not about failing to click, it's not as easy as that, click or not to click, this is not a computer game. So it's all about clicking , you could have fooled me. To click or not to click that is the question. Makes a good bed time story.
Definition of click. A short sharp sound of a switch being operated.
It's amazing how Barnsley clicked is it not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Great posts and thread. This is the truth. Put it on TK's desk first thing in the morning!!!! And he'll throw it away. Just 500k each for two proper defenders!!!!

How did they find them?!?!

Where is Tony Khan? He must be recruiting hard at this point. For a wide receiver.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone on here that are sensible and can see the need in finding "competition for places" among the defence.

70sPimlico

I think they'd also be complaining about the fact they werent very good. Especially the bigger chap. How we didnt exploit them was absolutely criminal and had more to do with our overall play than them being anythjing special. Barnsley will give a few teams a bloody nose but they will also take some tonkings. We play them in 10 games time, we win comfortably. They deserved it today.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 04, 2019, 12:47:14 AM

I think they'd also be complaining about the fact they werent very good. Especially the bigger chap. How we didnt exploit them was absolutely criminal and had more to do with our overall play than them being anythjing special. Barnsley will give a few teams a bloody nose but they will also take some tonkings. We play them in 10 games time, we win comfortably. They deserved it today.

It doesn't matter if we think they are any good,they did a job for Barnsley today,and we might tear them apart at the cottage.
The whole point of what I'm saying is Barnsley have only a fraction of the budget we have so they have to buy within their means,all this time now over three windows and we still can't sort out our central defence with the budget we have.

Hoppus

Spot on!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Robbie on August 03, 2019, 06:08:12 PM
I say again, how many times have we seen mediocre Premier league players look even worse in the Championship.

I fear we will lose 10 and then do a clear out.
Who are you referring to?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2019, 05:30:29 PM
Just hope they click next week, how many matches without a goal before we say our attack is not up to championship standard.
Remember we failed to score at home last week.

The attack is fine, our biggest problem was midfield today. Too slow.

@jolslover

Spot on, funniest thing is OP would be the first to complain
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on August 04, 2019, 04:01:31 PM

Spot on, funniest thing is OP would be the first to complain

Type of reply you expect from Jolslover,the man who can't stand a football player if his name isn't Poligasimoto or whatever.