watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We/They have to give Mr Parker

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 03, 2019, 11:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

10 games - the transfer window hasn't shut yet....early days for me.....also historically, we usually don't come good until the new year..... Onwards & upwards

MikeW

Come good by the New Year .... we'll be relegated by then.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Mince n Tatties

In defence of Scottie,I did mention the other day that he and TK are at loggerheads over the Sess situation.
This is still on going on,maybe distracting him from doing his job properly.
My friend in Newmarket who's son works at the Express informed me of this,also Scottie wanted us to go for a centre back in Scotland, only one I can think of is McKenna at Aberdeen,or maybe Ajer of Celtic.
Anyway stats or whatever weren't what our Dof wanted.
So just maybe Scotties hands are tied in trying to bring in someone.

Andy S

You do not get distracted by disagreements come on we have them every day in the work place. The governer makes the decisions he's paid to do and everyone else gets on with it

Andy S

Either your mate or his son is a liar

absenteeism

Parker had a full pre season to get the back 4 acting as a solid defence. Based on yesterdays debacle he has failed to do so.

Get Chris Hughton in

Lighthouse

Parker is a new manager and needs time.  We didn't lose because the defence was poor.  We lost because we seemed unprepared for the pressure in the final third. A problem we have always had even when Joka was manager. Mistakes for the goal or mistakes at the other end are frustrating. But we either give Parker the season or we should not have given him the job in the first place.

Forget promotion and think about a top ten finish and hopefully expectations will be met.  I also hope we learn to play under pressure better.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Remember the great Bobby Robson??  Fulham sacked him after one season. The rest is history. Lesson learnt surely. Patience.

HV71

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2019, 12:11:42 PM
Parker is a new manager and needs time.  We didn't lose because the defence was poor.  We lost because we seemed unprepared for the pressure in the final third. A problem we have always had even when Joka was manager. Mistakes for the goal or mistakes at the other end are frustrating. But we either give Parker the season or we should not have given him the job in the first place.

Forget promotion and think about a top ten finish and hopefully expectations will be met.  I also hope we learn to play under pressure better.

Great post - we simply have to give him time. We have to forget the season before last -this team might resemble that one but in realit it is nothing  like that it. Parker needs the time to build his own

Twig

Agree with most of this although I am reluctant to forget about promotion (although it's a triumph of hope over expectation).

grandad

Parkers problem was having to play both McDonald & Johansen as he had no other options. The club saw fit to loan out Anguissa & Seri, both of whom would have done better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham1959

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 03, 2019, 11:45:23 PM
10 games - the transfer window hasn't shut yet....early days for me.....also historically, we usually don't come good until the new year..... Onwards & upwards

10 games - how generous of you . . .

BigbadBillyMcKinley

My mates sons friends goldfish's vet told me that Sess will he gone by Thursday.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

WhiteJC

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 04, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
My mates sons friends goldfish's vet told me that Sess will he gone by Thursday.

did he say which Thursday?

Mince n Tatties

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 04, 2019, 03:17:03 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 03, 2019, 11:45:23 PM

10 games - how generous of you . . .

Don't you think he needs about 10 games to get the team firing on all cylinders.....how many games do you give him?

Denver Fulham

If the plan was to "forget promotion," then we shouldn't have built the core of the team around old midfielders on a lot of money, loaned two other expensive guys or re-upped Mitrovic. Expectations are 100% to get promoted this season. Otherwise, we're going to have a lot of problems with roster rot.

ealex40

Quote from: jarv on August 04, 2019, 12:40:33 PM
Remember the great Bobby Robson??  Fulham sacked him after one season. The rest is history. Lesson learnt surely. Patience.

Just read a few of Bobby Robson's quotes:

Home advantage gives you an advantage.
The first ninety minutes of a football match are the most important.
Anything from 1-0 to 2-0 would be a nice result.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Andy S on August 04, 2019, 11:50:16 AM
Either your mate or his son is a liar

I think you might find the win percentage from this source is much better than most on here. I for one view the news from this source, ie, that Parker was interested in a player from the Scottish  Prem, with more interest than the general tabloid rumour mill.