watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we want to wipe Racism out of Football

Started by Andy S, August 04, 2019, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

We need to set up courses as a country and send people who commit race crimes on a 12 week course for three hours at a time. If they fail the course they do it again. I would give my services to educate them free

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on August 04, 2019, 04:01:35 PM
We need to set up courses as a country and send people who commit race crimes on a 12 week course for three hours at a time. If they fail the course they do it again. I would give my services to educate them free

Zzzzzzzzz

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2019, 04:16:28 PM

Zzzzzzzzz

Sorry mince but I genuinely don't get your response. Bored with the subject? Don't agree with the proposed solution? Think it's too soft/ harsh? Just don't understand.

sunburywhite

It goes two ways

Let me say firstly say I am in no way racist but there are a lot of times it works in reverse

So until ALL of society decides t oget on with everyone else it aint going to happen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2019, 05:02:39 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2019, 04:16:28 PM

Zzzzzzzzz

Sorry mince but I genuinely don't get your response. Bored with the subject? Don't agree with the proposed solution? Think it's too soft/ harsh? Just don't understand.

I'm saying that what he is offering on these so called courses want change a thing.
Its always been there,and not only in the form of the colour of ones skin Twig,and I'm afraid it will never go away because no matter what side of the fence your on there will always be nutters on every side...

KJS

Total waste of money anyone can pass any course by giving the right responses but it won't stop them reverting back to type once they get a pass mark! What they should do is to ship them off to a remote island in the outer hebradies and let them rot👍

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: KJS on August 04, 2019, 05:48:50 PM

Total waste of money anyone can pass any course by giving the right responses but it won't stop them reverting back to type once they get a pass mark! What they should do is to ship them off to a remote island in the outer hebradies and let them rot👍

Hope your including Ms Abbott in there,as she can't stand  Whitey Folks.

hovewhite

Think only thing we can do in a football stadia is if we see it in any form is report it to stewards .In society in general discourage it because there are no police on the streets on a regular basis.

Andy S

If you re caught being racist again and I don't just mean white on black you will do the course again it is 12 weeks of your Saturdays taken away from you. It's not a matter of passing the course it is showing that your attitude has changed. If it hasn't you do it again and again. What is the punishment at the minute? I don't see one. Any racists I know are just ignorant

Lighthouse

You cannot educate people on a course to stop thinking they way they do. What you can do is make it harder for them to behave in a certain way. Racism is waved about as a problem. So too is anti this and anti that. What we have to do is try and inform people to express themselves in a sensible way. Why do you hate fat white men? Tell me and we will discuss it without violence. Don't wave  a rainbow flag in my face and insist I love Gay people. Or black power salutes and tell me black power rules......We also have to stop the vile on line behaviour that has become acceptable towards other human beings. Stop telling me my generation has killed the Earth. Stop telling me things and ordering me how to behave. My hatred for special one haired people who are above six foot three has to be discussed. You can't educate it out of people.  ....We must learn how to behave towards each other. Racism is just the tip of the iceberg. Reeducation centres are not going to help but offend those waiting to be offended.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

As I said on another thread we can all help in this matter by ensuring Christie gets full support on Saturday with an extra round of applause at the beginning of the match.

KJS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2019, 05:56:32 PM

As far as I'm concerned she's one of the worst racists in the country

KJS

Quote from: Andy S on August 04, 2019, 06:23:06 PM
If you re caught being racist again and I don't just mean white on black you will do the course again it is 12 weeks of your Saturdays taken away from you. It's not a matter of passing the course it is showing that your attitude has changed. If it hasn't you do it again and again. What is the punishment at the minute? I don't see one. Any racists I know are just ignorant

Sorry won't work and I would not be willing to pay for it

FFC1987

Not the worst idea in the world but im sceptical of how successful it'll be. I do think we, as a fan base can do more though. These incidents don't happen in isolation or behind closed doors. How people around or witnessed it don't come forward or press the stewards there and then to take action is beyond me. Racism should never be tolerated and should be called out for the rotten stench that it is, even if it is the pal you chat to often at games, stamp it out.

Logicalman

Quote from: hovewhite on August 04, 2019, 06:20:19 PM
Think only thing we can do in a football stadia is if we see it in any form is report it to stewards .In society in general discourage it because there are no police on the streets on a regular basis.

I agree with this, though it is not up to the Police to change societal thinking, it's up to the society itself, and if society cannot do it, then the judicial system cannot either.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hovewhite

Quote from: Logicalman on August 04, 2019, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 04, 2019, 06:20:19 PM

I agree with this, though it is not up to the Police to change societal thinking, it's up to the society itself, and if society cannot do it, then the judicial system cannot either.
the will to change has to come from us all,I stopped a paid gig on new year's Eve because of racist abuse and threw the person out as it has no place in modern society ,we all need to stand up against predudice of any sort sexually, racially,new year's Eve as a paid entertainer it's something that was difficult but morally felt I had to do it and would do again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KJS on August 04, 2019, 06:34:58 PM

Most definitely
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Aussie_Fulham

Here we have it folks. This chap has just discovered the solution to wipe out racism world wide with just a simple 12 week course!

In all seriousness, racism will never die. It will always exist in society, therefore it will always exist in some capacity within football. The best we can do is condemn it, hand out extremely strong punishments in the form of bans to perpetrators in the hope it will discourage others alike from voicing their racist views and thoughts out loud whilst at the football.

RaySmith

It's certainly true that football  is a part of society, enjoyed by a very wide range of people probably compared to most sports, and thus fans express the range of attitudes found in wider society.

Monkey chants and throwing bananas on the pitch, and open abuse of black players, which used to be common, as described by ex- Fulham  favourite Leroy Rosenior in his  powerful biography

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Its-Only-Banter-Autobiography-Rosenior/dp/1785312081/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QGXFX6I1RSUP&keywords=leroy+rosenior&qid=1564976500&s=books&sprefix=leroy+rosenior%2Caps%2C202&sr=1-1

would be frowned upon today by  most fans, and culprits would certainly be penalised, but to some extent open expressions of racial hostility seem to be coming more common again, as they are in wider society.

You can penalise  people's actions, if you can catch them, but you can't stop the way people think, but that's what you need to change, though that's not so easy.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 04, 2019, 11:35:04 PM
Quote from: KJS on August 04, 2019, 06:34:58 PM

Most definitely

Can't say I like her, in fact she is at the Farage level of politicos I detest,  but as a matter of interest what is it that she did that was most definitely racist?