watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In house fighting

Started by Finnans Right Peg, August 05, 2019, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nutflush

But the cricket thread is fun. Right Woolly?

SuffolkWhite

I have Chelski mated from the bad old days and they used to beat each other up! But then thst was before the internet, wonder if thats chsnged 064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ALG01

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 05, 2019, 12:55:02 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 05, 2019, 12:36:36 PM
Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 05, 2019, 11:49:24 AM
In my short time on here it looks fine to me. Nobody I have seen has over stepped the mark. If somebody's words have upset you on here than I dare say the internet probably isn't for you.

I hate to disagree but check the abuse i get. I have in the last day been unpleasantly told i do not know anything about football, and that is truly  the worst thing i have had said, been called an **** hea etc.

I merely state my views. Others are entitled to diagree but there are a few unfortunates thzt do resort to insult. I discuss football matters and the club and want things better.

ALGOI, don't let the bar stewards get you down, don't let them bully you into submission, I have no problem with your posts, and if I did I would either move on or debate it with you, with maybe some harmless banter. But I have seen some of the abuse you have received, they are just showing their ignorance of social skills. Yes it is irritating but this forum is an oasis of tranquility compared to most.

Thank you for your kind words.

I do have a thick skin, rather like a woolly mammoth really. The 'abuse' is irritating and unnecessary and does not move the process forward. I wouldn't mind bust lots of it is from the same small group that always seems to be nonconstructive in debate. I really do not mind people disagreeing with me, I love a robust debate, even if it gets foolishly heated.

I am aware there are other forums that are way more offensive and I just do not bother with that.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: the nutflush on August 05, 2019, 01:30:23 PM
But the cricket thread is fun. Right Woolly?

I was enjoying it right up to the moment I realised it wasn't going to rain, and everything has gone down hill since then.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

To be honest there is a horrible feeling around the whole club at the moment. Worse than it has been for some time in my opinion. Players seem lethargic, unprecedented abuse of players and staff online and at the matches. I will always support Fulham, I couldn't stop if I wanted to but it is getting a bit strange at the moment. We normally have a great comradery and aren't like your Cardiff/Millwall fans etc but that seems to be disappearing fast.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Russianrob

Personal Advice.Never post on here under the influence of alcohol especially after watching one of our bad performances.There have been too many of them of late but that is no excuse alas!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 05, 2019, 12:46:07 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2019, 11:27:22 AM
Get a bleedin grip for the love of it.
You want to read some other clubs forums,some of them threatening to shoot one another.
Stop taking things so seriously, people can call me every name under the sun if they like,it want bother me cause its only someone at the other end I've never met.

I can call you any name you say, ok how about if I called you a Garden Shed Stalker

Funny you mentioned shed,someone tried to break into it last night.
Hope he comes back tonight as I'll be waiting for him or her.😑

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 05, 2019, 03:42:24 PM
To be honest there is a horrible feeling around the whole club at the moment. Worse than it has been for some time in my opinion. Players seem lethargic, unprecedented abuse of players and staff online and at the matches. I will always support Fulham, I couldn't stop if I wanted to but it is getting a bit strange at the moment. We normally have a great comradery and aren't like your Cardiff/Millwall fans etc but that seems to be disappearing fast.

Have said to this to a few people recently, but have been saying that generally speaking the club hasn't been the same for a long time - the club started treating fans differently, and then results went downhill and it all spiralled. I really didn't enjoy Barnsley away at all, apart from the £3 pint.

You mention the players - today our captains first message to the fans on Twitter is to post how brilliant Brian McKnight is... for someone who just got a rumoured £60k a week to captain a Championship side, he has all the thoughts and leadership skills of a trout.

It's a small thing, but just adds to the disenchantment and frustration of the fans, which adds to the terrible atmosphere. We just seem amateur and have done so for a while.

WindyCity

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 05, 2019, 11:49:24 AM
In my short time on here it looks fine to me. Nobody I have seen has over stepped the mark. If somebody's words have upset you on here than I dare say the internet probably isn't for you.

I concur.  I've only been a short time here, and I really haven't seen anything outrageous.  Some heated conversations and such, but I would say this forum justifies its' title.....FOF. 

WindyCity

To be honest there is a horrible feeling around the whole club at the moment. Worse than it has been for some time in my opinion. Players seem lethargic, unprecedented abuse of players and staff online and at the matches.

The "online" reference is what I would like to comment on.  It should be a non-issue from the standpoint of players, coaches and those directly associated with the club.  It is up to these highly paid professional athletes, in any sport, btw, to stay away from these sorts of forums.  They need to be smart enough to avoid and realize that only "fans" (ie...fanatics) are commenting and criticizing especially when things are not going well.  In my view, it's all on them if they let this sort of thing bother them.

JoelH5

Quote from: WindyCity on August 05, 2019, 05:05:41 PM
To be honest there is a horrible feeling around the whole club at the moment. Worse than it has been for some time in my opinion. Players seem lethargic, unprecedented abuse of players and staff online and at the matches.

The "online" reference is what I would like to comment on.  It should be a non-issue from the standpoint of players, coaches and those directly associated with the club.  It is up to these highly paid professional athletes, in any sport, btw, to stay away from these sorts of forums.  They need to be smart enough to avoid and realize that only "fans" (ie...fanatics) are commenting and criticizing especially when things are not going well.  In my view, it's all on them if they let this sort of thing bother them.

Of course but it still doesn't mean that it is therefore acceptable. It's always going to happen but it seems to be happening more and more often. The only way to stop it is for other fans to shun these people. They will then soon lose their crowd mentality and not feel they can get away with it. I'm not talking about saying players are poor etc, I mean racism and personal abuse.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ron

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that being "Friends of Fulham" underpins the fact that we should be friends of each other as well. Personal abuse directed against honestly held opinion will have the effect of alienating free speech and turning these pages into another  shabby forum as seen at certain other clubs, despite the efforts of our excellent mods.

YankeeJim

Quote from: absenteeism on August 05, 2019, 12:13:42 PM
Our owners are divisive characters.

Our director of footballer is divisively incompetent.

He imposes tactics and squad selection on Parker

I think he's talking about you.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2019, 04:06:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 05, 2019, 12:46:07 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2019, 11:27:22 AM
Get a bleedin grip for the love of it.
You want to read some other clubs forums,some of them threatening to shoot one another.
Stop taking things so seriously, people can call me every name under the sun if they like,it want bother me cause its only someone at the other end I've never met.

I can call you any name you say, ok how about if I called you a Garden Shed Stalker

Funny you mentioned shed,someone tried to break into it last night.
Hope he comes back tonight as I'll be waiting for him or her.😑

I think it was one of two people, your wife or Felix Wolfgang Magath. .

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

I am surprised there isn't more infighting as well. I love everyone here for the most part, but I find myself dreaming of Mike Ashley at night. Something is wrong with our owners.

cookieg

Unfortunately, at times, some good threads descend into a few people having a go at each other over different opinions and this is when I stop reading those posters comments. I'm sure they may well be making very interesting points but I really can't be bothered to read them.

The Rational Fan

The Club went into the Premier League expecting great results and as soon as it was harder than expected, a blame culture arose trying to assign blame the most responsible indidivuals rather than just gradually improve with a aim to be back in the premier league soon. Blamed managers and players left, but getting reinforcements is hard once a blame culture arises. Barnsley show what a good culture can do.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 07, 2019, 01:32:46 AM
The Club went into the Premier League expecting great results and as soon as it was harder than expected, a blame culture arose trying to assign blame to a few indidivuals rather than gradually improve.

Who do you think should be blamed at the club for the disaster of last season, because it certainly wasn't Sir Craven of Cottage fault, or my fault, I don't even think it was your fault, although we are currently having a full investigation at the moment to try and clear your name. But I repeat who do you think was to blame at the club for last seasons disaster on and off the pitch, the Turnstiles operators, if not who ?

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 07, 2019, 01:40:45 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 07, 2019, 01:32:46 AM
The Club went into the Premier League expecting great results and as soon as it was harder than expected, a blame culture arose trying to assign blame to a few indidivuals rather than gradually improve.

Who do you think should be blamed at the club for the disaster of last season, because it certainly wasn't Sir Craven of Cottage fault, or my fault, I don't even think it was your fault, although we are currently having a full investigation at the moment to try and clear your name. But I repeat who do you think was to blame at the club for last seasons disaster on and off the pitch, the Turnstiles operators, if not who ?

We all know who is to blame, it all comes down, unfortunately, to a single individual. In the case of Fulham it is just that simple. In a given game it is the players but over an extended period it is tge the people in senior management that stweard the club and based on the resource we have and the money they chucked at it, a single individual entirely is responsible. Now but for his family connection he would not be here at all, and given by some fluke he blagged the job, he would have got the bullet ladt october for sure.

As it is he is still here crippling us.  That is not blame culture, that is stating business fact.

Fulham 442

Unfortunately, at times, some good threads descend into a few people having a go at each other over different opinions and this is when I stop reading those posters comments. I'm sure they may well be making very interesting points but I really can't be bothered to read them.

I agree. Also people making offensive comments under the guise of having a laugh/wind up etc. The atmosphere on this board has certainly not been as congenial as in the past imo. We are all frustrated by what has/is happening in the transfer window and on the pitch and although healthy debate is good topics either go "off piste" or descend into a slanging match.