News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goals scored and Conceded in the Championship after 3 games.

Started by Southdowns White, August 19, 2019, 08:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Just looking at the stats, I find it amazing that after 3 games only 3 teams have not scored 3 or more goals and only 5 teams have not conceded more than 2, currently Millwall are the only team to concede only 1 goal. It's going to be an entertaining division this year for the impartial viewer.

Cornishnick

3 games is a bit too early for this analysis. Do it again after 10 games on 1st October

ALG01

Quote from: Southdowns White on August 19, 2019, 08:49:56 AM
Just looking at the stats, I find it amazing that after 3 games only 3 teams have not scored 3 or more goals and only 5 teams have not conceded more than 2, currently Millwall are the only team to concede only 1 goal. It's going to be an entertaining division this year for the impartial viewer.

Whilst i know it is way to early for this kind of thing but only one team conceding one or less is interest and 4 more on two is suprising, but i agree after 10 games is a better judgement time.

filham

Not scoring in our first match was disappointing as I am looking for a minimum of two goals at home and one away from us this season with the odd three or four goals against weaker teams.

Sure clean sheets are nice to have but the priority is on scoring, any signs of a goal drought and Scott Parker has a big problem.

Dodger53

Surely after 3 games is the best time for the OP to do a 3 game analysis. Why would he wait 10 games....that becomes a different post.

toshes mate

Quote from: Dodger53 on August 19, 2019, 10:15:30 AM
Surely after 3 games is the best time for the OP to do a 3 game analysis. Why would he wait 10 games....that becomes a different post.
Nicely put.  The table never lies even before a single game has been played ...

General

Was doing a bit of looking into Millwall - it'll be an interesting and hard fought game I think, but it'll be more a case of our attack vs their defence. They've had some good tests and the only goal they've conceded was an own goal. That said they're playing Matt Smith up front who we obviously know pretty well and whilst a physical presence he also has little pace. Up against Mawson and ream I'd like to think it'll be in our favour.

That just leaves our attack - barnsley aside we've scored two goals in each of our last two games and are starting to get a rhythm in, whilst Millwall have only really managed the one goal a game. I'd want to look into possession and shots stats but hoping despite a good fight we can make it count and put them under pressure.

General

Wow - out of Millwall's 4 games played so far, all against championship opposition they've never had more than 40% possession. And most times it's closer to 30% and in one instance they had just mid 20% posession over 90 mins.

Matt Smith has scored most goals, they've had four scorers in total, with one of these in J Wallace being sent off in their last game.

I wonder if Neil Harris is doing wonders on a man management and tactical level with limited resources or they simply riding their luck. Something will have to give at some point. Think the key will not to overplay things. If we do regardless of possession we'll struggle. What we need it seems is a few people we can turn to who have an eye for a pass.

I Ronic

Quote from: Dodger53 on August 19, 2019, 10:15:30 AM

:005: I'm looking forward to Southdowns 4 game analysis already.

Count Flapula

Quote from: General on August 19, 2019, 01:09:19 PM
Wow - out of Millwall's 4 games played so far, all against championship opposition they've never had more than 40% possession. And most times it's closer to 30% and in one instance they had just mid 20% posession over 90 mins.

Matt Smith has scored most goals, they've had four scorers in total, with one of these in J Wallace being sent off in their last game.

I wonder if Neil Harris is doing wonders on a man management and tactical level with limited resources or they simply riding their luck. Something will have to give at some point. Think the key will not to overplay things. If we do regardless of possession we'll struggle. What we need it seems is a few people we can turn to who have an eye for a pass.

Interesting that after 3 league games Millwall have scored 3 goals and had 4 different scorers - especially as Smith has scored 2! Incredible stat that. ;)

General

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 19, 2019, 02:09:38 PM
Quote from: General on August 19, 2019, 01:09:19 PM

Interesting that after 3 league games Millwall have scored 3 goals and had 4 different scorers - especially as Smith has scored 2! Incredible stat that. ;)

They scored two against west Bromwich not the cup. A more complete stat.

I Ronic

Quote from: Southdowns White on August 19, 2019, 08:49:56 AM

Can we please have your 4 game analysis Southdown. I'm hoping this will be a regular feature right up to the last game of the season.