News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I having a senior moment ? Whatever happened to the ‘handbag thread’ ?

Started by HV71, August 06, 2019, 08:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: HV71 on August 06, 2019, 08:22:06 PM
Where has it gone ? If removed - why?

There is no 'Hand Bag' thread, nor would we encourage one, we expect everyone to behave 'appropriately' on the Forum, and in line with the FOF rules and regulations.

To many 'Hand Bags' of late, and everyone needs to start getting along..

HV71

There is no 'Hand Bag' thread, nor would we encourage one, we expect everyone to behave 'appropriately' on the Forum, and in line with the FOF rules and regulations.

I'm still a tad bemused - there was a thread - which didn't seem at all offensive ( unlike some )

Without sounding like Rees - Mogg that would be 'too' by the way

FFC1987

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 06, 2019, 08:30:08 PM
Quote from: HV71 on August 06, 2019, 08:22:06 PM
Where has it gone ? If removed - why?

It was more about having a space to go to instead of derailing the current thread. Like the silly season, instead of about 100 pages dedicated to whether TK has a good or bad history, they could go to the handbag thread and slug it out there. I would say they could continue in the DM's, but wheres the fun in that!

Lighthouse

It was turning into a thread of light relief. Sorry but we could all do with a thread like that. Odd how threads full of bile can go on and on for pages. With the odd warning. Yet a thread of light relief gets taken off straight away.  Mods do a great job on here. But it gets very frustrating when a bit of fun is just dismissed and yet so much else just drags on.

Oh well no humour or threads that may be considered light relief.  Just more of the dull attacks and constant hi jack of threads. Yep we got it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 06, 2019, 11:46:33 PM
It was turning into a thread of light relief. Sorry but we could all do with a thread like that. Odd how threads full of bile can go on and on for pages. With the odd warning. Yet a thread of light relief gets taken off straight away.  Mods do a great job on here. But it gets very frustrating when a bit of fun is just dismissed and yet so much else just drags on.

Oh well no humour or threads that may be considered light relief.  Just more of the dull attacks and constant hi jack of threads. Yep we got it.
Agree. Thought same as you it was quite funny. Mods do a great job here but have been a bit heavy handed or over sensitive here. I enjoyed it in its brief existence..

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

cookieg

The Old Count

I missed the handbag thread. Could someone fill me in on the gist of it.

Woolly Mammoth

Best way to settle a dispute that gets out of hand is in the Gym. Put a pair of 16oz Leathers on and may the best man win.
I never lost an argument, but made many friends.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

I want my Handbags topic returned. It was both a harmless bit of fun but at the same time sent out a message to the few posters who hijack threads with unrelated posts & personal attacks.

The "Silly Season" topic is a serious thread & should be respected as such.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HV71

The mods ( despite doing an amazing job) are clearly devotees of " the importance of being ernest " and simply can't cope with " a handbag! " thread

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on August 07, 2019, 09:02:03 AM
Mince would be the obvious candidate Woolly

But Mince and I never disagree though, except when it comes to his Garden Shed. I would like to hire it out for Bible Classes, but he is intent to only hire it out for lap dancing auditions. 

Never forget your Roots.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 07, 2019, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: HV71 on August 07, 2019, 09:02:03 AM
Mince would be the obvious candidate Woolly

But Mince and I never disagree though, except when it comes to his Garden Shed. I would like to hire it out for Bible Classes, but he is intent to only hire it out for lap dancing auditions.
Ooh I feel a Shed Thread coming on..

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk