more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 07/08/19...

Started by WhiteJC, August 07, 2019, 08:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Blackburn Tickets

Supporters are still able to secure their seat for our first home match of the 2019/20 EFL Championship season against Blackburn Rovers, with tickets now on General Sale.

Fulham take on Rovers this Saturday 10th August at Craven Cottage (kick-off 3pm) with Scott Parker's side looking to kick-start their home campaign in style.

Supporters are able to purchase up to four tickets per person and can secure their seats online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/06/blackburn-tickets

WhiteJC

Marseille Not Expected To Better Tottenham Financially In Race For Target

Marseille are unlikely to better any potential offer from Tottenham Hotspur for Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon, according to the Times.

Sessegnon has been expected to leave Fulham once they were relegated from the Premier League last summer, but his future remains unresolved going into the last days of the Premier League transfer window. 

Tottenham have been interested in signing the winger, but they are yet to find a decisive breakthrough in negotiations with Fulham, with time running out rapidly.

Marseille have also entered the discussions for Sessegnon but the French club are unlikely to be able to better Tottenham's offer.

Competing with Tottenham for Sessegnon is a bridge too far for Marseille, but they could move after the Premier League window closes if the player has not moved.

Fulham are aware that they could lose Sessegnon but want a fee of around £30m despite the player only having a year left on his contract.

Tottenham are hopeful of negotiating the price down and are keen to do a deal around the £20m figure.

However, Tottenham will have to speed up the negotiations as they have only until Thursday to sign players.

Marseille could afford to wait as the transfer window will remain open until 2nd September in France.   

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/08/06/marseille-not-expected-to-better-tottenham-financially-in-race-for-target/432540/#ixzz5vtdyVjyk

WhiteJC

Former Watford scholar Ben Tricker signs for Fulham

Former Watford scholar Ben Tricker has signed professional terms with Fulham.

The 18-year-old was released by the Hornets this summer after a two year scholarship, but has since joined the Cottagers on a one-year deal.

The teenager has been part of the Watford youth set up since he was a child, but described the move as a breath of fresh air.

Speaking to the Fulham website, Tricker also said he hoped he would flourish at his new club.

"I think when I came here initially, it really helped having a pre-season with the boys." He said.

"You get to have a feel of the club and after speaking with the boys you get to build a relationship and a friendship which has also helped my performances. I've really enjoyed pre-season.

"I've been at Watford for ten years. Coming here is a breath of fresh air which is what I needed.

"This has made me more focussed than ever. My communication skills are a big part of my playing style. I don't like it when the pitch is quiet, when we talk, we are showing a togetherness. Hopefully I can flourish here." 

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/17818498.former-watford-scholar-ben-tricker-signs-fulham/

WhiteJC

Report: Marseille ready to hijack Tottenham's move for Ryan Sessegnon

Ligue 1 outfit Marseille are ready to make a challenge for Tottenham Hotspur transfer target Ryan Sessegnon.

According to La Provence, their manager Andre Villas-Boas could be about to ruin his former club's plans by swooping for the Fulham teenager.

Spurs have been heavily linked with Sessegnon, with their interest stretching back to over a year ago now.

He has been expected to join the north Londoners, with his contract at Fulham expiring in 2020.

The Daily Mail reported that Spurs  are to bid £30 million plus youngster Josh Onomah to get the deal over the line.

But now Daniel Levy's job could be about to get more complicated.

The French side already have Jordan Amavi and Christopher Rocchia, but the club's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta is supposedly a huge fan.

TBR's view

Spurs will surely still be able to get the Sessegnon deal over the line before Thursday's deadline.

Having already had a taste of the Premier League, the 19-year-old would surely rather stay put in England, with Spurs a potentially perfect club to help him realise his potential.

The fact that the foreign transfer window is still open for a few more weeks shouldn't matter for the English club.

La Provence state that Marseille only have around £14 million to put towards a deal, meaning they will have to find some extra cash from somewhere to scupper Tottenham's plans.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-marseille-ready-to-hijack-tottenhams-move-for-ryan-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

Opinion: I am all for Spurs spending money – but this sounds like an awful deal

When I first read that Tottenham were looking to sign Ryan Sessegnon this summer by using Josh Onomah as an incentive, I was over the moon.

It could see Spurs actually introduce a new player to their squad, as well as saving money by offloading one who clearly has no future at the club.

However, my mind instantly changed when I read the price that Tottenham have supposedly put on the table. I'd be surprised if Fulham didn't bite their hand off!

Ryan Sessegnon has just one year left on his contract. Fulham have just a couple of days left to sell him to an English club before the window shuts. He could leave on a free next summer. He wants to come to Spurs (Guardian). Everything points to a simple move!

The Mirror reported in late July that Spurs would likely soon tie up a £20m deal for the winger, which I thought was just about value for money.

Sessegnon had a poor season in the Prem last time out and only has one year left on his contract, but he is a fantastic prospect, so everybody wins.

However, reports about this new offer state that Spurs are offering £30m plus Onomah to get the deal done (Mirror). I think this is way over what Sessegnon is worth in this market and would much rather see Spurs wait and take him on a free.

TransferMarkt claims Onomah is worth £2.7m, although I would say closer to £5m. £32-35m for a 19-year-old with only 12-months left on his contract, who plays for a Championship club?

Not for me.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/opinion-i-am-all-for-spurs-spending-money-but-this-sounds-like-an-awful-deal/

WhiteJC

A closer look as Fulham engage in transfer tussle with Sheffield United: The verdict

This article is part of Football League World's 'The Verdict' series, which provides personal opinions from the FLW writers regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more...

Fulham manager Scott Parker is looking to add to his squad before the transfer window closes, with Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey a target, according to Football Insider.

The Cottagers will face competition though for the signature of the Ghanaian international who arrived at Leicester in January 2016, with Sheffield United also interested in securing the services of the 24-year-old.

So would Amartey prove a good signing at Craven Cottage?

We discuss........

Josh Cole

"If Fulham can beat Sheffield United to the signing of Amartey, it would send a real signal of intent out to the rest of the Championship that they mean business this year.

"Having already brought in players who have a proven track-record of producing the goods in the second-tier in the form of Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavileiro this summer, the Cottagers could put themselves in the position to challenge for promotion with the Leicester man in their team.

"Although he was only used sparingly by the Foxes last season, Amartey's ability to operate as both a defensive midfielder and as a centre-back would suit Scott Parker who could use the Ghanaian as cover in times of need this season.

"Furthermore, when you consider that both Jean Michael Seri and Andre Zambo Anguissa have left the club on loan this summer, the anchor-man role is very much up for grabs at Craven Cottage and thus it wouldn't be surprising if Amartey turns out to be the perfect fit for Fulham."

Ned Holmes

"This would be a smart signing by Fulham.

"Fulham are short in central midfield after the departures of both Jean Michael Seri and Andre Zambo Anguissa,

"Amartey would also provide some versatility as he is able to operate as a defensive midfielder and at both centre-back and right-back.

"The 24-year-old has struggled to maintain a regular place in the team since he joined three-and-a-half years ago but that is no x given the quality of their defensive midfielders over the past few years.

"Fulham looked to open against Barnsley in their season opener and the addition of Amartey might go some way to help solve that issue."

Gary Hutchinson

"I think this would be a fine signing for Fulham, but fighting with Sheffield United leaves them lagging behind, surely? The Blades have top flight football to offer which has to be a big draw for a Ghana international.

"He's got plenty of experience in this country which is good and, whenever I've seen him play, he's looked committed and combative.

"He's one of those players I think would never shirk a tackle and will fight for the cause.

"Fulham need someone like that, full of grit and a bit versatile as well. This would be a good signing."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a-closer-look-as-fulham-engage-in-transfer-tussle-with-sheffield-united-the-verdict/

WhiteJC

Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday Amongst Clubs In For Newcastle United Winger

Newcastle United star Jacob Murphy is attracting interest from Championship sides Derby County, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield Town, according to the Sun.

Magpies boss Steve Bruce has admitted he will have to trim his squad before the Premier League and Championship window closes on Thursday and Murphy could head out of the door.

The 24-year-old has a host of admirers in the Championship and could drop into the second tier once again.

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on Murphy, as are relegated pair Fulham and Huddersfield, while Derby want him to aid a promotion push at Pride Park.

Murphy spent the second half of last season on loan in the Championship at West Brom and featured on a regular basis for the Baggies.

Now he could be set for another loan move away from St James' Park, with a season-long exit possible.

The winger made 15 appearances in the Championship for West Brom last season, scoring two goals in the process.

Murphy has another two years left to run on his contract at Newcastle and it remains to be seen if any loan away from St James' Park will include a purchase option.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/08/06/fulham-and-sheffield-wednesday-amongst-clubs-in-for-newcastle-united-winger/432624/#ixzz5vtg3xBf2

WhiteJC

Fulham player's exit seems certain – Cottagers demand three times more than what club plan to offer

On August 5th, La Provence explained that Ryan Sessegnon has emerged as a transfer target for Marseille.

Following Fulham's drop back to the Championship, it was explained the 19-year-old, who can operate as a left wing or a left-back, has no plans to stay away from an elite competition for one more season.

La Provence stated the Ligue 1 side are ready to offer around €15m for the player.

Sessegnon has a year left on his contract at Craven Cottage and Le10 Sport claims his departure from the club seems certain as they don't want him to leave as a free agent. However, Fulham will not let the teenager leave at 'any price'.

The Cottagers are demanding three times more (€45m) than what Marseille are willing to offer the versatile player.

Le10 makes it clear that Marseille will never pay Fulham's asking price for Sessegnon and even a €25m fee is beyond reach for the French club.

If Marseille fail to sign Sessegnon, their sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta could turn his attention towards Juan Miranda. The Barcelona defender is also a target for them, according to reports in Spain.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-players-exit-seems-certain-cottagers-demand-three-times-club-plan-offer/

WhiteJC

Derby County, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield Town all tracking Newcastle winger

Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County and Huddersfield Town are all said to tracking Newcastle United's Jacob Murphy according to The Sun.

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce is looking to trim certain areas of his squad and Murphy has fell out of favour in recent times whilst also spending the second half of last season on loan at West Bromwich Albion.

Murphy could be tempted by another loan spell in the second tier of English football as he bids to gain regular first team football.

Relegated clubs Fulham and Huddersfield have shown an interest as well as promotion pushing Derby County. All four Championship clubs are looking to strengthen their squads as they aim to push towards the top of the table.

The winger made 15 appearances in the Championship for West Brom last season, scoring two goals in the process. He was a regular starter under Darren Moore although some of his performances were largely inconsistent and it isn't thought that the Baggies are keen on bringing him back to the Hawthorns this season.

Murphy has another two years left to run on his contract at Newcastle and it remains to be seen if any loan away from St James' Park will include a purchase option.

The 24-year-old's career has somewhat stalled with the Magpies and another season in the Championship may benefit his progression rather than continue spending time on the Newcastle bench.

On his day Murphy can be a threat with his pace down the wing but he will need to produce on a more consistent basis if he is to succeed in locking down a starting berth with the Toon.

https://the72.co.uk/141657/derby-county-fulham-sheffield-wednesday-and-huddersfield-town-all-tracking-newcastle-winger/

WhiteJC

Kilpatrick: Spurs look to finalize Sessegnon deal at £25m

More on the Fulham teenager

As we rapidly approach the end of the summer transfer window, Tottenham Hotspur are hopeful of closing out the deals in front of them before it slams shut. Ryan Sessegnon's deal with Fulham has been the one we all thought was the easiest to close out, yet here we are still talking about the transfer fee.

Dan Kilpatrick has checked in today with an update on the chase for the 19-year-old left back / left winger, giving us a bit of new information as to how the deal could be structured. He seems to suggest in his article with The Independent that it will be a flat fee:

Spurs were on Monday still working to reach an agreement for the 19-year-old, who has one year remaining on his contract, but the clubs are expected to settle on a fee of around £25million.

This is better than the reported £30m + Josh Onomah deal we had on the site yesterday, and to be fair, that report was far flimsier than getting information from a trusted journalist like Kilpatrick. He also re-iterates that the teenager wants to move to north London, which we already knew through the many articles that have touched on his desire. Also, Onomah wasn't left out in the cold in this article:

Joshua Onomah, the Spurs midfielder, could move in the opposite direction although the deals are being kept separate.

This makes far more sense. It always seemed weird that we would toss in a player on top of the fee for Sessegnon, especially with the way Daniel Levy operates. We're still unsure of what Onomah will command in the transfer market, but if Kilpatrick is correct, that question will be answered soon enough.

The window officially closes at 5pm BST on Thursday, which means Levy has just over 48 hours to get these deals done. This is where the proverbial rubber meets the road.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2019/8/6/20756720/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-ryan-sessegnon-fulham-possible-move

WhiteJC

Deal agreed with Fulham for Arter

AFC Bournemouth have agreed a deal with Fulham for the loan transfer of Harry Arter.

The agreement with the Cottagers includes an obligation to buy the midfielder should certain performance-related criteria be met.

Arter signed for the Cherries in 2010 from non-league side Woking and has played in more than 250 matches for the club, as well as winning two promotions.

The club would like to wish Arter every success during his time on loan with Fulham.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/deal-agreed-with-fulham-for-arter

WhiteJC

Arter completes Fulham loan move

Fulham have this afternoon confirmed the signing of Irish international midfielder Harry Arter from Bournemouth on a season-long loan.

The 29 year-old midfielder was one of Fulham's longstanding targets and the loan move contains an option to make the deal permanent next summer. Arter, who spent last season on loan with Cardiff City, has teamed up with his brother-in-law Scott Parker, who is at the start of his first full season in charge of the Whites at Craven Cottage.

Fulham viewed Arter's Championship pedigree as being crucial. He has made more than 250 appearances in more than a decade at Bournemouth, including helping the Cherries to promotion from League One and the Championship. Parker's side looked light in terms of midfield options, having lost Jean-Michael Seri and Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa from last season's squad, and Arter's acquisition adds depth to the first-team squad and experience of the division.

Arter told Fulham's official website:

I'm delighted to be here. Fulham is a fantastic club with a lot of ambition who want to get back to the Premier League, and I hope I can help them achieve that this season.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/08/arter-completes-fulham-loan-move/

WhiteJC

Arter Joins On Loan

The Club is delighted to confirm the loan signing of Harry Arter from AFC Bournemouth.

The deal keeps the 29-year-old at Craven Cottage for the duration of the 2019/20 season, and could be made permanent next summer.

An industrious and committed central midfield player, Arter played a starring role as Bournemouth won the Sky Bet Championship title in 2015, and was subsequently named as both the Club's and the PFA Fans' Player of the Year.

That was the second time Arter had helped the Cherries to a promotion, after they finished as League One runners-up in 2013.

Upon signing, Arter said: "I'm delighted to be here. Fulham is a fantastic club with a lot of ambition who want to get back to the Premier League, and I hope I can help them achieve that this season."

Tony Khan added: "Harry Arter's arrival at Fulham Football Club will strengthen our midfield and gives us another experienced and proven player who's contributed to his former club's promotion from the Championship.

"Harry's a great fit for our squad, and we believe he'll help us achieve our main objective, a return to the Premier League. Come on Fulham!"

Arter will wear the number 18 shirt this season.

A London boy, Arter came through Charlton Athletic's academy before joining Woking in the summer of 2009. He was only in non-league for one season, though, with his performances attracting the attention of Eddie Howe and his staff at Bournemouth.

A key component in the Cherries midfield as they climbed the leagues, Arter has made 255 appearances for the club, while he's also chipped in with 29 goals and 20 assists.

After playing 69 times in the Premier League for Bournemouth, he got further top flight experience under his belt last season on loan at Cardiff City.

Eligible to represent the Republic of Ireland through his grandparents, Arter won his first cap in June 2015, and now has 15 senior caps to his name.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/06/harry-arter-joins-on-loan

WhiteJC

Harry Arter: Fulham sign Bournemouth midfielder on season-long loan

Harry Arter made 25 Premier League appearances for Cardiff in 2018-19

Championship side Fulham have signed midfielder Harry Arter on a season-long loan from Bournemouth.

The Republic of Ireland international, 29, spent last season on loan at Cardiff, who were relegated from the Premier League along with Fulham.

He is the brother-in-law of Fulham boss Scott Parker and the move could become permanent next summer.

Arter scored 29 goals in 255 appearances for Bournemouth since joining from Woking in June 2010.

"Harry's arrival will strengthen our midfield and gives us another experienced and proven player," vice-chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan told the club website.

"We believe he'll help us achieve our main objective - a return to the Premier League."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49226983

WhiteJC

Player Profile: Harry Arter

With Fulham signing Harry Arter on a season-long loan from Bournemouth, what can we expect to see from the Irishman? Tim Clarke and Jack Collins offer their takes.

Tim Clarke

For those who moan about Fulham buying unknown players from the Belgium second league, Harry Arter may well be a dream come true. As Scotty's brother-in-law, it would be almost impossible for him to be more familiar (in any sense of the word).

In a footballing sense, Arter has plied his trade in both the Championship and the Prem for the last six years, so he won't need the same period of adjustment as some of our previous signings. Surely a plus point, after a sticky start to the season, and after a game where both StefJo and KMac struggled to dominate a fiesty Barnsley midfield.

Arter has experience up and down the English Leagues

So, what exactly have Fulham acquired in Harry Arter? Firstly, he's 29, so Fulham are likely thinking short term here. Secondly, he plays as a box to box midfielder, and he will compete with StefJo for a spot in the starting XI.

Now. Take several deep breaths. Arter has played consistently in the Premier League, you may say. Stef is past it! There may be some validity to that. Arter's stats from 18/19 (while not amazing) do suggest that he is strong on the ball, his passing accuracy is higher than StefJo.

Arters numbers, albeit in a struggling Cardiff side, do suggest some weaknesses to his game

But simply inserting 'better' players at the expense of embedded players was the MO for Fulham this time last year... The less said of that, the better.

At worst, we have signed a very competent player to challenge for the starting XI. But at best, he may provide some much-needed energy and stability in the centre of the park. I'd say it's "risk free", but that sentence makes me break out in hives.

Ultimately, there is a lot up for grabs at this early stage of the season, and it's almost impossible to know how the central midfield will look under Scotty. Just remember, it's not nepotism if he becomes the new Ollie Norwood.

Jack Collins

Screams necessity, this signing, doesn't it? Whilst a competing 8 is hardly on paper what the Whites have been crying out for all season, it's useful to remember that Arter has the necessary smarts and nous to do a job in both the deeper roles in midfield. Why is this important?

Harry Arter offers flexibility in the middle of the park (Credit Wyscout)

Well, something that was apparent at the weekend against Barnsley was that KMac, pain me as it does to say it, was crucially and fundamentally off the pace. StefJo, not for a lack of effort, also lacked some of the dynamic ability to transition through phases which was so crucial to the way that Fulham played under Slavisa.

Something else to be excited about (perhaps) is Arter's combative nature. Like Stef, he offers a real fight and steel in the middle – perhaps too much so at times – but if it's heart and soul and big tackles you're after, then this is the man for it.

If Arter can add some support and dynamism to a midfield lacking in either, and help kickstart Fulham's season, then he will quickly be viewed as a successful signing.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2019-08-06-player-profile-harry-arter/

WhiteJC

Harry Arter joins Fulham on season-long loan

Bournemouth have agreed a deal with Fulham for the loan transfer of Harry Arter.

The agreement with the Championship side includes an obligation to buy the midfielder.

Arter signed for Bournemouth in 2010 from non-league side Woking and has played in more than 250 matches for the club, as well as winning two promotions.

"I'm delighted to be here," Arter said.

"Fulham is a fantastic club with a lot of ambition who want to get back to the Premier League, and I hope I can help them achieve that this season."

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan added: "Harry Arter's arrival will strengthen our midfield and gives us another experienced and proven player who's contributed to his former club's promotion from the Championship.

"Harry's a great fit for our squad, and we believe he'll help us achieve our main objective, a return to the Premier League. Come on Fulham!"

Arter will wear the number 18 shirt and joins his brother-in-law Scott Parker in west London.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11778849/harry-arter-joins-fulham-on-season-long-loan

WhiteJC

Harry Arter joins brother-in-law Scott Parker at Fulham

Fulham have signed midfielder Harry Arter on loan from Bournemouth.

The 29-year-old – Fulham boss Scott Parker's brother-in-law – will spend the 2019-20 season at Craven Cottage, with an option to make the move permanent next summer.

Arter joined Bournemouth from Woking in 2010 and has made 255 appearances for the club, scoring 29 goals.

He spent the whole of last season on loan at Cardiff as they were relegated from the Premier League.

"I'm delighted to be here," Arter, who has won two promotions with Bournemouth, told Fulham's official website.

"Fulham is a fantastic club with a lot of ambition, who want to get back to the Premier League, and I hope I can help them achieve that this season."

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/harry-arter-joins-brother-law-scott-parker-fulham#RbqRzhQFRu5faVhC.99

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Scott Parker signs his brother-in-law Harry Arter from Bournemouth on season-long loan

Arter joined Bournemouth from Woking in 2010 and made 255 appearances
     The 29-year-old midfielder spent the whole of last season on loan at Cardiff
     He has joined on season-long loan, with an option to make the move permanent

Fulham have signed midfielder Harry Arter on loan from Bournemouth.

The 29-year-old - Fulham boss Scott Parker's brother-in-law - will spend the 2019-20 season at Craven Cottage, with an option to make the move permanent next summer.

Arter joined Bournemouth from Woking in 2010 and has made 255 appearances for the club, scoring 29 goals.

Midfielder Harry Arter has joined Fulham on loan, with an option to make the move permanent

The 29-year-old midfielder is the brother-in-law of Fulham boss Scott Parker

He spent the whole of last season on loan at Cardiff as they were relegated from the Premier League.

'I'm delighted to be here,' Arter, who has won two promotions with Bournemouth, told Fulham's official website.

'Fulham is a fantastic club with a lot of ambition, who want to get back to the Premier League, and I hope I can help them achieve that this season.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7328547/Fulham-boss-Scott-Parker-signs-brother-law-Harry-Arter-Bournemouth-season-long-loan.html

WhiteJC

O'Dowda urged to stay at Bristol City after Fulham move collapses
The Ireland international should commit to a new contract, says Bristol City manager Lee Johnson.

BRISTOL CITY MANAGER Lee Johnson has confirmed that Callum O'Dowda was a summer transfer target for fellow Championship club Fulham.

However, a move for the Ireland international to Craven Cottage fell through after the London outfit completed loan deals for Brighton's Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro of Wolves instead.

O'Dowda was subsequently a somewhat surprise inclusion in the Bristol City starting line-up for Sunday's season opener, which saw Leeds United — who the 24-year-old winger has also been linked with recently — record a 3-1 victory at Ashton Gate.

With his current deal due to expire at the end of the season, Johnson has urged O'Dowda to express his commitment to the club by extending his contract before the transfer deadline closes on Thursday.

He told The Bristol Post: "There's no secret in the fact Fulham were spinning the plate, if you like, and I think Callum believed it and I think it took the focus away from Bristol City for him.

"Now we've got to the point where it hasn't happened because of the signings that they've made and that's where players have got to be a little bit smarter and listen to the people that are in the know and care about them and are not always representatives.

"That move didn't come off for him. There are clubs probably still interested but at the same time we would like him to re-sign.

"But I'd rather him re-sign today than on the ninth [of August], because I think that shows the commitment to the cause rather than, 'alright, I'll have a look at what's out there and at the death I'll make a decision to sign'."

O'Dowda has made 90 Championship appearances for Bristol City since joining the club from Oxford United in 2016.

He has made 15 senior appearances for Ireland but has yet to add to his tally of caps under current manager Mick McCarthy.

https://www.the42.ie/odowda-urged-to-stay-at-bristol-city-as-fulham-move-collapses-4754885-Aug2019/

WhiteJC

Fulham using the chance to sign this amazing Tottenham talent would get them a gem of a prospect to work with

Fulham could have a future star in Spurs academy graduate Josh Onomah

According to the Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur are prepared to offer highly-rated academy graduate Josh Onomah to Fulham as a makeweight in their £30million pursuit of teenage star Ryan Sessegnon.

The Daily Mail understands that talks between the two London clubs over a potential deal for Sessegnon are currently in an advanced stage and the 18-year-old is expected to complete his switch to Spurs before Thursday's deadline.

The same report suggests that Fulham manager Scott Parker holds a keen interest in Onomah and he wants the talented midfielder included as a part of the deal which would take Sessegnon the other way to the white half of North London.

A youth product of Spurs, Onomah was called up to the senior team in the latter half of the 2014-15 season and made his senior professional debut for his boyhood club in an FA Cup victory over Burnley.

Onomah made 8 substitute appearances in the Premier League in the 2015-16 campaign followed by 5 substitute league appearances in the 2016-17 season, whilst also playing a few cameos in the UEFA Champions League.

However, the talented youngster has struggled for regular playing opportunities at the club and despite making 32 appearances in all competitions, the 22-year-old currently finds himself a long way down the pecking order under Mauricio Pochettino.   

Onomah, though, has impressed on his loan spells in the Championship with Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday.

The youngster started only 10 league games at Hillsborough the last term but he showed glimpses of his brilliance on his loan stint at Villa Park in the 2017-18 campaign, having accumulated 4 goals and 3 assists in 34 appearances.

Essentially a central attacking midfielder by trade, Onomah is also capable of playing in a more withdrawn central midfield role, as well as out wide on either flank.

A quick, agile, technically-gifted player with high levels of energy and stamina, the 22-year-old is not only adept at scoring goals and providing assists with his innate ability to create spaces and carve out chances but he also excels with his ability to press the opposition off the ball and win possession back for his team.

In other words, Onomah's versatility to play in multiple positions coupled with his skillset and well-rounded attributes make him a really handy asset for any team, especially in the Championship.

To put things into perspective, Fulham are almost resigned to losing Sessegnon but the inclusion of another bright young talent like Onomah is likely to create considerable excitement amongst the fans at Craven Cottage.

The 22-year-old has struggled for regular minutes at Spurs but a move to Fulham is likely to work wonders for his growth and development, given that a move away from the Premier League heavyweights could possibly help him get more exposure at the senior level.

Fulham are already well-stocked in their midfield options, with the likes of Kevin McDonald, Stefan Johansen, Tom Cairney all in the ranks at Craven Cottage.

However, a talented youngster like Onomah could add a lot more depth and quality in a key area of the pitch for Parker, whilst also enriching the club's reserves for the foreseeable future.

he Cottagers' pursuit of promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking didn't get off to a positive start, as Parker's men lost 1-0 away from home to newly-promoted side Barnsley in their season-opener.

Although there are still plenty of games to go, the warning signs from the opening day defeat and could prompt the manager to make a few more additions before the deadline.

Conclusion

A part of the England side that won the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup, Onomah continues to be a highly-rated youngster and Fulham could have a gem on their hands in the future if Parker and his successors manage to unlock his potential and extract the best out of him.

https://soccersouls.com/fulham-using-the-chance-to-sign-this-amazing-tottenham-talent-would-get-them-a-gem-of-a-prospect-to-work-with/