watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Hector Carry On.

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 09, 2019, 06:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Now that the dust has settled and the window is shut,just a couple of enquiries.
I was tuned in all day yesterday and at no point was he mentioned until the window was about to close.

Did We Actually Speak To Him And Chelski?
Was He Ever At Motspur Park?
Did He Have A Medical?

Would like to see some proof of all this.
Maybe we did try to get him,or its a little bit of nonsense from the folks who live on the hill.
I have an open mind at the moment.
I'd like a wager though that he doesn't come near the
place in January, I want be too disappointed as I think he's been hyped up a little on here.
Finally for what its worth,wasn't there another centre back out there somewhere?
Anyway onwards and upwards its history now,let's get
cracking and get 3 points on Saturday... 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

The Rational Fan

Danny Simpson (ex-Leicester RB) and Alan Hutton (ex-Villa RB/LB) are without a club, so we can still get them after deadline day.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agents-still-available-premier-16703404

..FOF..

I don't mind Hector coming in January.

Only thing discussion and questions like these have to be explored.

New players usually will take time to gel early in the season... for Fulham, new players in mid-season seems to almost immediately be able to start well.

Ordar

What I dont understand, is why the deal wasnt in place, personal terms etc agreed, while we were waiting for Spurs? The Sess deal was always going to happen. Doesnt make any sense. Or just put it through as a loan, and change one of the other loans to a buy now.

Fernhurst

Eye witnesses report ---- WE HAD HIM IN THE BUILDING!
I would have locked the doors.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Roberty

Hector can still come if Chelski cancel his contract !

What will his value be in January
How much will his wages be until January
What are they going to do with him until then

You never know - this is a pig that might just fly
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Lighthouse

This would seem interesting and newsworthy if not for the fact it happens EVERY window.  We either had players who were sitting over the contract and we couldn't find a pen in time. Or we had a player but were waiting on a transfer and another club to go through so we could buy him. Or a player was ready and waiting but the cash was held up because of the traffic lights in Walthamstow.

I tend not to believe any of this or imagine the truth has been exaggerated. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Quote from: Roberty on August 09, 2019, 10:19:26 AM

Unless the rules have changed recently clubs can only sign players that became free agents ahead of the transfer deadline, after the window has closed. So, theoretically, we could sign Bjarnason who was released by Villa yesterday but not Hector if he were to be released today.

Chutney

Haven't we had since april to sign CB? bit of a cop out to blame deadline day and spurs.
C O Y W

Milo

Quote from: twang on August 09, 2019, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: Roberty on August 09, 2019, 10:19:26 AM

Unless the rules have changed recently clubs can only sign players that became free agents ahead of the transfer deadline, after the window has closed. So, theoretically, we could sign Bjarnason who was released by Villa yesterday but not Hector if he were to be released today.

Impressive knowledge!

Dr Quinzel

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Ordar on August 09, 2019, 09:49:01 AM
What I dont understand, is why the deal wasnt in place, personal terms etc agreed, while we were waiting for Spurs? The Sess deal was always going to happen. Doesnt make any sense. Or just put it through as a loan, and change one of the other loans to a buy now.

If we piece together what we "know" from reports, it appears we could not sign Hector before we sold Sess. Reid's deal initially being reported as a 10m buy and then becoming a loan-to-buy also signals that we didn't know whether we had the Sess money. Therefore, I would assume a Sess deal was not 100% assured until right at the end, and it impacted subsequent moves we were trying to make. Likewise, earlier moves impacted what we could do yesterday without the Sess money.

Overall, this summer went pretty well. I'm excited to see what this team looks like, and if we need a loan in January, I'd imagine we have room for it. In the interim, I'll root for some combo of Mawson, Odoi, Christie and even S. Sess to hold down the right side of defense and prove us wrong (and hope Joe Bryan stays healthy).

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 09, 2019, 07:16:51 AM
Danny Simpson (ex-Leicester RB) and Alan Hutton (ex-Villa RB/LB) are without a club, so we can still get them after deadline day.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agents-still-available-premier-16703404

Simpson yeah but Hutton is about 905 and a red card waiting to happen.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!