rvFFC

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 09, 2019, 10:50:09 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2019, 10:29:17 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on August 08, 2019, 10:31:27 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 10:20:42 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on August 08, 2019, 10:19:32 PM
It was a loan

Loan with and option to buy at 10 mill. Thanks for your contribution!

You said we snatched him for 10M, we did not, it was a loan.

Thanks Jim!
and actually we dont have an option to buy him either. If there was an option the club would have said so. Instead the club has said it's a one year loan that could  later be made permanent. So no option

Saying 'a one year loan that could be made permanent' is the the same thing as option to buy
I found this online:
"Reid joined Fulham on an initial season-long loan, which it is understood will eventually become a permanent move. Warnock revealed the deal will see Cardiff make a £1.5million profit on their £8.5m outlay last summer."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-neil-warnock-16726717.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2019, 10:33:35 PM
So the players we lose if we don't go up this year are

Knockaert
Cavaliero
Reid
Reed
Arter

And probably Odoi and Johansen, and at least one, if not both, of Mitrovic and Cairney.

So only two thirds of the team, that's fine.
Unless you have detailed knowledge of the particular contracts you don't actually know that.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chutney

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 10:14:24 PM
Today we manage to snatch a promotion rivals best striker for £10m making them considerably weaker and a lot of fans are still upset.

I know we needed a defender but Ream was player of the season the year we went up. How do we know he won't regain that form?

Ream plays LCB, So does Mawson. We only have odoi that can play RCB.
C O Y W

Statto

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 09, 2019, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2019, 10:33:35 PM
So the players we lose if we don't go up this year are

Knockaert
Cavaliero
Reid
Reed
Arter

And probably Odoi and Johansen, and at least one, if not both, of Mitrovic and Cairney.

So only two thirds of the team, that's fine.
Unless you have detailed knowledge of the particular contracts you don't actually know that.

Well I suppose it's conceivable that the exercise price on our option to buy Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Reid et al is £25k, like we paid for Robbie Herrera.

However I think it reasonable to assume the prices will be much higher, and we won't be able to afford to sign them if we don't go up.

So no, I don't "actually know" they'll be gone, just like I don't "actually know" whether we could bring in Mbappe and Neymar in January, but I can speculate with a very high degree of confidence about what's likely to happen.   

JoelH5

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on August 09, 2019, 11:14:56 AM
It was a loan

Thanks Jim!
and actually we dont have an option to buy him either. If there was an option the club would have said so. Instead the club has said it's a one year loan that could  later be made permanent. So no option

Saying 'a one year loan that could be made permanent' is the the same thing as option to buy
I found this online:
"Reid joined Fulham on an initial season-long loan, which it is understood will eventually become a permanent move. Warnock revealed the deal will see Cardiff make a £1.5million profit on their £8.5m outlay last summer."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-neil-warnock-16726717.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Just ignore him mate. He just wants an arrangement
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

Hilarious the end of every window same posts and posters

fulhamben

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 09, 2019, 12:21:23 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on August 09, 2019, 11:14:56 AM
It was a loan

Thanks Jim!

I found this online:

Just ignore him mate. He just wants an arrangement
lol, ok. But can you please explain why every loan we have with an option states that we have an option, except this one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

I think it is fair to say that TK is the pantomime villain and always will be whatever happens. We will blame him for everything. However we have options in two out of the three areas we needed them. So that is good depending on how players perform. As for the defence. We were promoted with a poor one and were relegated with a poor one. Interesting to see what happens.

As we have fifty mile an hour winds tomorrow, get your excuses ready now.  It was the wind that beat us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KJS

It was a loan

Even better then we snatched him for nothing!!

humussapiens

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 10:38:56 PM
Let's not forget we got Stuart Gray back

Having shaky defense, what does it say about Stuart Gray, the defense trainer? Maybe SJ had right not to extend his contract? (And than made mistake by bringing in no one instead).

Or our defensive players are simply old dogs that cannot learn new tricks? With Stuart Grey or without.

If I were TK, I would first get the first-class coaching staff. Guess they cost a lot less than a decent player nowadays. 

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 08, 2019, 10:14:24 PM
Today we manage to snatch a promotion rivals best striker for £10m making them considerably weaker and a lot of fans are still upset.

I know we needed a defender but Ream was player of the season the year we went up. How do we know he won't regain that form?

I stand with you on this.

filham

Well I imagine the money is in the Kitty for the centre back so maybe we have a late Christmas present to look forward to in the January Window.

Mince n Tatties

This loan is different in the way it went through,we agreed a fee of 10 million for him,but because of the levy carry on,Cardiff and it was actually very good of them made it a loan and the fee paid in Jan.
Don't think there is an option, he is our player and we have to pay for him come Jan.
That's what I've been told anyway.