News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ian Holloway, a true gent? 25 mins WBA down to 9 men...

Started by os5889, November 01, 2010, 08:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

They play positive football with an almost innocent honesty.

I'm positive he's just been remonstrating with the fourth official saying  a penalty and a red card was harsh.... on West Brom.

And he's right, it was!

Reminds me of Arshavin when he told the ref the guy tackling him got the ball and not to give a penalty.

How many other managers would do that?

LRCN

he's really refreshing, i remember him saying after his year out and doing some media work that he was getting fed up with cautious defensive football so he promised himself that when he'd get back into management he'd just play attacking passing footy. to be fair he has, and he's gotten very very good results, maybe holloway has revolutionised english football.

CULTUREVULTURE

os5889

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on November 01, 2010, 08:30:59 PM
he's an annoying bumpkin.

Care to elaborate?

Lovely weather in Blackpool by the way

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

good honest attacking football works-our great escape proves that,if you have the heart and courage to play pass and move attacking football 9 times out of ten you'll be ok
on top of that I really like Ian Holloway,he seems untouched by the soul crushing money chasing ref baiting politics that seems to affect a lot of managers :59: he's an easy guy to like :54:

CorkedHat

I had that match down as a draw in the tipping competition which it would have been had it not been for an incompetent ref. Give me my point back you baastaad. (That's Afrikaans for someone without a father)
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Hazey

haha that clip from his QPR (I think) days was classic!!!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

RidgeRider

that clip is hilarious! he would never get away with that over here I don't think, we are WAY too PC. Did he get any 'heat' for it when he did that interview?

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 02, 2010, 04:17:58 PM
that clip is hilarious! he would never get away with that over here I don't think, we are WAY too PC. Did he get any 'heat' for it when he did that interview?

You obviously haven't seen any interviews with Ozzie Guillen of the Chicago WhiteSox. Here's a taste:

Ozzie Guillen Rant - 2008 Version
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on November 02, 2010, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on November 02, 2010, 04:17:58 PM

You obviously haven't seen any interviews with Ozzie Guillen of the Chicago WhiteSox. Here's a taste:

Ozzie Guillen Rant - 2008 Version

Good point, that guy is a train wreck in terms of breaking all the interview rules. Funny thing is he gets away with it and they had him on the broadcast of the Giants/Rangers game!

Ian is far funny though...don't you think? It's hard not to like him.

SmithyFFC

Holloway to replace Capello!

If for nothing just to have a press conference which you can laugh at rather than straining to understand every word.  :54:
FTID