https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Lampard

Started by KJS, August 11, 2019, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Nero

Logicalman

I'm just happy that a relatively top English side has finally given a chance to a young, and somewhat inexperienced manager, nice to see.
Frank did pretty well last season at Derby, unfortunate not to be a Prem Manager in his own right with a newly promoted side, wish him all the best.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Logicalman on August 15, 2019, 02:06:54 AM
I'm just happy that a relatively top English side has finally given a chance to a young, and somewhat inexperienced manager, nice to see.
Frank did pretty well last season at Derby, unfortunate not to be a Prem Manager in his own right with a newly promoted side, wish him all the best.

When Bielsa is young he learns his trade as a coach at some university team in Argentina, but anyone with talent in England gets thrown up the top too soon only to fail (e.g. Hoddle whose younger than Bielsa and should be at his peak now). It is no surprise at the lack of English managers over 50, even those that are learnt their trade elsewhere like Roy Hodsgon. Frank Lampard was inexperienced to manage Derby, he'll be burnt out and written off after a few years at Chelsea.

Dr Know

Quote from: Dodgin on August 12, 2019, 10:04:22 AM
Abraham hit the post early could have been different if that had gone in.
After diving for the penalty , it just had to be Abraham that missed in the shootout ! Luv it !

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 15, 2019, 02:34:01 AM

When Bielsa is young he learns his trade as a coach at some university team in Argentina, but anyone with talent in England gets thrown up the top too soon only to fail (e.g. Hoddle whose younger than Bielsa and should be at his peak now). It is no surprise at the lack of English managers over 50, even those that are learnt their trade elsewhere like Roy Hodsgon. Frank Lampard was inexperienced to manage Derby, he'll be burnt out and written off after a few years at Chelsea.

That's not really quite accurate because a lot of young English managers never get beyond the lower reaches of the lower divisions. In Lamp's case time will tell, he is one of the fortunate few who have been given a leg up early in his career. He might burn out, he might not but by no means does "anyone with talent get thrown up the top too soon".

70sPimlico

Quote from: Dr Know on August 15, 2019, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: Dodgin on August 12, 2019, 10:04:22 AM
Abraham hit the post early could have been different if that had gone in.
After diving for the penalty , it just had to be Abraham that missed in the shootout ! Luv it !

C'mon, he's a Pimlico school boy. Give him a break

fulhamfever

Hate or love Frank but I wish him all the best. At least these Chelsea youngsters are getting a chance finally, and I for one I am happy that they are having to use those players they have been loaning out to different parts of the UK and Europe. Finally, getting a chance.

Mince n Tatties

What's all this "Frank" nonsense from some of you..lol
Its Lumphard the Chelski Scum😠

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on August 15, 2019, 07:46:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 15, 2019, 02:34:01 AM

That's not really quite accurate because a lot of young English managers never get beyond the lower reaches of the lower divisions. In Lamp's case time will tell, he is one of the fortunate few who have been given a leg up early in his career. He might burn out, he might not but by no means does "anyone with talent get thrown up the top too soon".
Agree Twig.  There's an interesting quote from Gary Neville who said his time as a coach/manager was like a clip around the ear and he has absolutely no desire to go to a training ground ever again.  He, apparently, is now in love with the business side of the game ... so he says.

Statto

I think the Rational Fan makes a good point about a lot of young managers being thrown in at the deep end too early in their managerial careers. Surely Gary Neville is another example, albeit he was thrown into the deep end in Spain, which shows it's not a problem that's unique to England. Guardiola and Zidane would be other Spanish examples, although obviously in Guardiola's case it worked out well. It seems to me that the common factor isn't England, but that these individuals all played at the top level, so it's been assumed, most of the time incorrectly, that they'll naturally be able to manage at that level. Surely the material difference with Bielsa isn't that he's not English, but that he didn't have a great playing career to leverage off of, so has had to work his way up like Mourinho, Hodgson, Wenger et al.

Anyway FWIW it annoys me how highly rated Bielsa is. Personally don't see him as anything more than an average Championship manager. Basically an exotic Tony Mowbray.

bog

Quote from: HV71 on August 12, 2019, 10:05:27 AM
I'm certainly not a Chelsea fan - but I haven't got anything against Frank . I am glad he has been given the chance - and it's a tad hypocritical to have a go when we have also given a very inexperienced ex player a chance. It would be good for the game if both of them succeed

+1

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2019, 10:58:24 AM
I think the Rational Fan makes a good point about a lot of young managers being thrown in at the deep end too early in their managerial careers. Surely Gary Neville is another example, albeit he was thrown into the deep end in Spain, which shows it's not a problem that's unique to England. Guardiola and Zidane would be other Spanish examples, although obviously in Guardiola's case it worked out well. It seems to me that the common factor isn't England, but that these individuals all played at the top level, so it's been assumed, most of the time incorrectly, that they'll naturally be able to manage at that level. Surely the material difference with Bielsa isn't that he's not English, but that he didn't have a great playing career to leverage off of, so has had to work his way up like Mourinho, Hodgson, Wenger et al.

Anyway FWIW it annoys me how highly rated Bielsa is. Personally don't see him as anything more than an average Championship manager. Basically an exotic Tony Mowbray.

Bielsa came third in the championship, plus last season his protégés came first in the premier league, third in the premier league, 2nd in La Liga and the list goes on and on. He is more a coaches coach and from those from Rosario Argentina he is treated like a Yoda of football, most wont hestitate to tell you that Marcelo Bielsa saw Mauricio Pochettino sleeping and signed him based on the fact he had footballers legs. The day he was appointed my South Americans friends said he will be leading the championship mid season, but they didn't know if Leeds had the depth to last a season with his burnt out rates and Leeds lack of depth.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 15, 2019, 11:10:52 PM
last season his protégés came first in the premier league, third in the premier league, 2nd in La Liga and the list goes on and on

Not really sure why people attach so much value to some positive references from Pochettino and Guardiola. Glenn Hoddle swore by a faith healer called Eileen Drewery. Maybe we should make her our next manager. Sorry but if he was that good, he'd have won something worthwhile in the last 30 yrs, wouldn't he. He's the managerial equivalent of the guy Graeme Souness put in the Southampton team because someone said he was George Weah's cousin.

ex-Pat

A lot of hateful people on here, I would say Lampard is more qualified as a manager than our very own Parker,,hope the very best to the both of them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on August 15, 2019, 11:50:42 AM
Quote from: HV71 on August 12, 2019, 10:05:27 AM
I'm certainly not a Chelsea fan - but I haven't got anything against Frank . I am glad he has been given the chance - and it's a tad hypocritical to have a go when we have also given a very inexperienced ex player a chance. It would be good for the game if both of them succeed

+1

➕2️⃣
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2019, 11:23:05 PM
last season his protégés came first in the premier league, third in the premier league, 2nd in La Liga and the list goes on and on

Not really sure why people attach so much value to some positive references from Pochettino and Guardiola. Glenn Hoddle swore by a faith healer called Eileen Drewery. Maybe we should make her our next manager. Sorry but if he was that good, he'd have won something worthwhile in the last 30 yrs, wouldn't he. He's the managerial equivalent of the guy Graeme Souness put in the Southampton team because someone said he was George Weah's cousin.

Unless you know the story of Hoddle's injury then you wouldn't understand why he believes in the faith healer (even if misguided). In the period of a week in the 70s, Hoddle got injuried, told by multiple doctors he may never play football again, discussed that his contract maybe terminated soon, went to a faith healer, recovered and played for the first team three days later, then playing for another 12 years. Either Tottenham's doctors were incompetent morons or the Faith Healer has superpowers performing a miracle, he falsely (in my opinion) believed the later.

As for Pochettino, the first contract as a pre-teenager was between Bielsa and Pochettino's parents signed in Pochettino's home at 2am near Rosario. Bielsa was the first to identify Pochettino as a future coach even as a teenager.

As for Guardiola, before he was a coach at Barcelona he stayed at Bielsa's house for weeks discussing tactics because he believed Bielsa knew more about tactics than anyone else. He portrays his experience with Bielsa similar to that of Luke and Yoda.

Before he joined Leeds Pep said Bielsa is the best coach in the world https://youtu.be/wn3tj3jy_gg

The stories of Hoddle and faith healer, of Pochettino and Bielsa, of Guardiola and Bielsa cannot be separated as they are the among the most significant of their life's.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 16, 2019, 12:39:44 AM
A lot of hateful people on here, I would say Lampard is more qualified as a manager than our very own Parker,,hope the very best to the both of them.

Seems to me that some of you are on the wrong forum,should be on the one down the road.
Call yourself Fulham fans,passionate Fulham fans hate the Scum and anything to do with them.
F*** Lampard and Chelski..😉

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2019, 06:37:41 AM
Quote from: ex-Pat on August 16, 2019, 12:39:44 AM
Agree Mince, people seem to forget him and Terry kissing that crap badge in front of the Fulham supporters - trying to cause a riot! I hope Chelsea lose every game and he gets the boot!

Seems to me that some of you are on the wrong forum,should be on the one down the road.
Call yourself Fulham fans,passionate Fulham fans hate the Scum and anything to do with them.
F*** Lampard and Chelski..😉

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2019, 11:23:05 PM

Bielsa is mainly highly regarded as being one of the first proponents of a high press game. Even if he's not had lots of success with titles he's changed the culture of the game.