Main Menu

NFR Lampard

Started by KJS, August 11, 2019, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJS

I give him 6 months 😂😂😂

SP

Shame!

Don't know why SKY are calling this Super Sunday, these days this fixture is more like the race for the Europa League.

f321ffc

Would love a 3rd round FA cup match at scumfilled bridge they are mid table we knock them out and
Sacked in the morning your getting sacked in the morning rings out in the away end.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ffcne

Cant take the pressure from the Press comments  either.

Mince n Tatties

Should never got the job at this stage,just cut his teeth with Derby......Still great result for the Chelski scum.😁

filham

Fan power will keep Lampard at the Bridge for a season s long as he keeps the team in th top 8.

fulhamben

They were never going to get a top manager when they were under a transfer embargo. And were always going to struggle after selling hazard as he was carrying them. I'd be amazed if they dont all know that this season is a write off and that Lampard gets a free hit to try out some youth before splashing the cash next season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

I'm not really sure what the obsession with other local teams is. I understand what it used to be but today?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I don't care either way. If they fail then I'll smirk, other than that I don't care.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Dodgin

Abraham hit the post early could have been different if that had gone in.

HV71

I'm certainly not a Chelsea fan - but I haven't got anything against Frank . I am glad he has been given the chance - and it's a tad hypocritical to have a go when we have also given a very inexperienced ex player a chance. It would be good for the game if both of them succeed

Fulham 442

They were never going to get a top manager when they were under a transfer embargo. And were always going to struggle after selling hazard as he was carrying them. I'd be amazed if they dont all know that this season is a write off and that Lampard gets a free hit to try out some youth before splashing the cash next season

That's my take on it too. 

Fulham 442

Good to see some of the Chelsea youth players being given a chance instead of endlessly being sent out on loan and never getting the chance to play for their parent club

Burt

Always a risk to put someone with little experience in to the manager role.

Even more so with that lot given the high expectations of the supporters, the impatience of Abramovich, etc.

But I wish Lampard well... He's an intelligent and articulate guy with a good footballing head, and (if it all goes in the right direction) possible England manager material who is English.

copthornemike

Quote from: Burt on August 12, 2019, 10:23:09 AM

Even more so with that lot given the high expectations of the supporters, the impatience of Abramovich, etc.

But I wish Lampard well... He's an intelligent and articulate guy with a good footballing head, and (if it all goes in the right direction) possible England manager material who is English.
Agree with all of the above. Like ourselves with Scott, and Brighton with Graham Potter, it is good to see a young English manager with hopefully modern ideas being given an opportunity. It has to be a good thing for the British in general & hopefully will result in more British players at the highest level.

The Rational Fan

Raneri, Hodgson and Mourino are not considered for the roll of Chelsea due to their track record of failing in such positions. How does anyone think that Lampard has demonstrated the qualities required that those guys lack?

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 12, 2019, 03:15:23 PM

Raneri, Hodgson and Mourino are not considered for the roll of Chelsea due to their track record of failing in such positions. How does anyone think that Lampard has demonstrated the qualities required that those guys lack?

Sorry Rational, but I really fail to understand what you mean. Notwithstanding that the three seemingly randomly assorted mentioned managers were very likely not considered at all for a number of reasons, would you care to elaborate what applicable position you mean that those three has a record of failing in?

Mince n Tatties

Don't care what is happening to him or them,the scum.....Hope they all get a dose of the goollygonggongs...😂

YankeeJim

I thought it was fitting when Jose Mourinho was hired by Chelsea: an obnoxious manager for an obnoxious club. While Lampard isn't quite as bad, he stills qualifies as obnoxious. That and he was the second coming of Berbatov in MLS. Not the ball handling, the walking and general laziness.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Twig

I agree with this.  Good to see a young English manager get a chance at Prem level and good to see him giving youth a chance.