watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

European Transfer Window

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, August 14, 2019, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The  transfer window us still open in many mainland European countries and it must be on the cards that the club is  looking to unload Djalo, Fabri, and Fonte. Cisse is another possibility and I wonder if there could be others?

We Are Premier League

What additional departures woudl you like to see befor the European windows is closed?

I'll be aggressive and say 5(!), which might leave some space for the kids to be at the fringe of the matchday squad. Alough i woudl expect it to on ly be 2 or 3 at the end.

Fabri - surely too expensive for a 3rd choice GK
Djalo - useless.
Cisse - make the kids 7th CM ahead of him
Fonte - 9th(?) choice up front
Kebano - make the kids 8th choice up front ahead of him

Classic94

You could make a case for all 5 to go. Djalo isn't good enough and hasn't got a squad number. Fabri, Cisse and Fonte should join him - none likely to get any game time and, in Fonte's case, a very expensive squad filler. Kebano I have no idea about but he seems way down the pecking order.

Milo

Agree.

Was a fan of Kebano previously but Kamara has superseded his role really. Think it's time he moves on. The others never looked like making it.

Classic94

Kebano is a weird one. Extended his contract this summer, looked sharp over pre-season and now miles from the 1st team. Fabri, Djalo, Cisse and Fonte are almost certain to go in my opinion.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

See my European Transfer Window thread. It looks as though you and I were typing on the same new topic at the same time!

brightster

I reckon AK could be on his way out, his attitude after the Barnsley game was the last straw I think, and unless he was injured wasn't even in the match day squad at the weekend.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 14, 2019, 09:31:57 PM
What additional departures woudl you like to see befor the European windows is closed?

I'll be aggressive and say 5(!), which might leave some space for the kids to be at the fringe of the matchday squad. Alough i woudl expect it to on ly be 2 or 3 at the end.

Fabri - surely too expensive for a 3rd choice GK
Djalo - useless.
Cisse - make the kids 7th CM ahead of him
Fonte - 9th(?) choice up front
Kebano - make the kids 8th choice up front ahead of him

I wouldn't be selling Fabri and Djalo until winter as both will make financial losses so may cause us to have to sell other players too, plus we need a 3rd GK and 5th CB they are both decent.

I also wouldn't be selling Fonte, as he is homegrown and we need seven in every lineup, a spare striker is always useful so we can rest Mitro and Kamara is still unproven for me plus uses up a foreigns spot. Based on last seasons reports Fonte is a good substitute when Lillie had a lead, and frankly getting Mitro off the field whenever we get one or two goals ahead will help us in three game weeks. Fonte's weakness is he isn't good at breaking down low block defenses common with teams happy to draw, once we get ahead he is better.

I wouldn't be selling Kebano cause left wing and left midfield maybe a problem position neither Cavaleiro or Ayite look like 90 minute players. I think we will need two players every game for left wing and i don't expect Ayite to available for more than 30 games.

I guess we should be selling one of our spare holding midfielders Cisse or KMac, people think we will be saving money by getting rid of players but these bench players know our team well and is wait til winter again too. The biggest advantage we have compared to 17/18 is depth. I see no advantage in selling these players now plus Cisse and KMac will be decent substitutes especially protecting a lead.

aaronmcguigan

Let's be honest bar a second round league cup game, De la Torre and ORiley won't be used this season. Don't see why it's against the realms of possibility for either of them to earn a transfer or loan to decent teams in maybe Germany or even France, maybe the European competitors in Scotland.

Cisse, Djalo, Fonte; I'm near certain we won't ever see a return on any investment we made there so the best we can hope for is some team temporarily covering their wages, but O Riley and DLT at least I'd hope they get a euro loan as they'd be wasted in league 1 or 2

Also if we're sailing so close to FFP, why not try to offload the likes of Kebano and McDonald, who can surely do a job, but with ample cover , they're not going to get much of a chance and we'd surely prefer some money instead of reminiscing over a promotion squad a few years ago that is seriously decreasing in monetary value