watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 15, 2019, 01:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Out of every player that's ever played for Fulham, regardless of before or after their stint with us, what one player in their peak, would you have back?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Woolly Mammoth

Good question, and a hard one because there are so many candidates. But it took me around 30 seconds because otherwise if i thought about it would take ages, there are so many. Nevertheless, I went for George Cohen. He would solve the right back issue overnight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

John Norman Haynes.

092.gif

Sting of the North

Steven Ageroad

Woolly, if talking right backs, it's got to be Steve Finnan and if you wanted a centre back to command the defence area it's Chris Coleman.

sunburywhite

George Best
Haynes
Bobby Moore

Sorry cant choose
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Yamus

grandad

My heart says The Maestro but for current needs I say Roger Brown.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

If it was to have back in the current team and modern football, compared to 70's for example then.....Hangeland.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Sgt Fulham

RaySmith

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 15, 2019, 02:34:20 PM
If it was to have back in the current team and modern football, compared to 70's for example then.....Hangeland.

I saw his debut for us at Bolton, a 0-0 draw, decent result at that desperate time.
Roy's first signing, and a very important one.

What  past player would i sign now? All mentioned here are good shouts, and it's hard to compare  different eras, but off the top of my head I'll say Alan Mullery.

Dr Quinzel

To fit into this team, or just in general?

In general, Saha - what a player.

To help this team, either Steve Finnan or Cookie/Brede.

sunburywhite

Paul Went or Bobby Keetch
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Finnans Right Peg

Would love to see best play off mitro but for todays needs steve finnan and not just because its my user name

Sir Alec of good Stock

Russianrob

Alan Mullery.It is sad to think that Tottenham profited most from this Fulham genius just as they might with Sess.

Teddymaybank

John Lacey, another one lost to Spurs.....

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 15, 2019, 01:19:57 PM
Woolly, if talking right backs, it's got to be Steve Finnan and if you wanted a centre back to command the defence area it's Chris Coleman.

Steven,
If my life depended on it I would always go for George Cohen first second and last.
Yes Steve Finnan was a quality right back, but George Cohen was on another level.
It's a difficult question to answer, because of so many candidates. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Les Barrett

Ray Houghton

Louis Saha

George Best

Alain Goma