more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's Managerial Style

Started by MikeCdawg, August 17, 2019, 02:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: RaySmith on August 19, 2019, 07:18:55 AM
I'm sure they will  fit in to the team, and  be aware of the players around them, increasingly with every game.
And the other players will get more used to them, anticipate their runs, crosses, know  what they are capable of, respect their ability and commitment, etc.

Last season we seemed to have a bit of a problem  with earning the other players  respect re commitment with some  expensive acquisitions, probably on high wages - from comments made by Tim Ream, anyway. Certainly  some fans thought this.

I think we have the potential to be a very good team.

"Forming, storming, norming and performing"
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WindyCity

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 18, 2019, 05:45:20 PM
but did not receive the ball simply because he was new.

If that's true, and that's a Big If, then that's not very good professional football, is it?  Poor on the party who should have or could have made that pass, no?

WindyCity

Quote from: toshes mate on August 19, 2019, 07:52:24 AM
Quote from: WindyCity on August 18, 2019, 05:21:33 PM

Ouch!!

My own personal view is that this whole notion of "learning to play together" and "gelling/bedding in" is way over rated.  These players, whether in the Prem or the Champ and even some of the lower leagues, are all professional athletes, and have played this sport their entire lives, and are very good at it, to be at these upper levels.  By now, they should know when to shoot and when to pass.  A player coming into a game as a sub or as a player with a team he has never played for 'should' be able to do his job professionally regardless.  Go ahead, and knock me down for this viewpoint, but I do believe gelling is way over rated.  It sounds nice, and gives fans a reason to hope for future successes, but these guys are pros and should fit in with minimal hand holding.
Even light has to utllise the forces of gravity to bend around objects that are too great for it to pass through directly.  Team sports require team players.  Even the best players played better when their skills were understood by both them and those around them and maximised.  Gelling in partnerships is what human beings try to do from the moment we are born.  When it works it can be beautiful and when it doesn't it can be plain ugly or even painful and dangerous.  Professionals at work should fit in, but, sadly, the evidence says it will not happen all by itself.

All opinions are of course welcome in this forum, but I really didn't think this was headed into a 'philosophy of life' discussion.  It's football, not rocket science.  :)
Certainly, it always helps when teams can practice together and get some games under their belts to learn propensities of team mates, but I still think that overall the gelling concept is given far too much importance.  JMHO.

COYW!!!!