watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship Winners?...

Started by Singding, August 17, 2019, 09:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singding

Last nights match, or should I say last nights second half, was very impressive. Sess' genuinely looks like he may have just solved our only starting line up weakness. Fingers crossed he can continue to produce performances of that calibre. Some of the passing and movement was fantastic, Huddersfield simply couldn't live with the technical abilities of the team & at times the tenacity, take a bow again Arter. With the exception of one or two dodgy passes at the back, which fortunately weren't capitalised on, I thought the performance was one which looked very ominous for the rest of the teams chasing promotion. If we beat Millwall, & do it with style, I think you'll see the bookies place us as the new favourites. For me all we need now is to get to January and sign Hector, or any good centre-back &, with no horrendous injuries to contend with, we should have way too much for any other team in this league. COYW

Woolly Mammoth

Yes under the circumstances it is all very encouraging. Nevertheless, there are another 43 Cup Finals to go, and all a different challenge. However, there is something about this team that tells me it can only get better, injuries permitting. We will no doubt have a much better picture after 12 matches.
The next 5 League fixtures : Millwall, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff City, West Bromwich Albion and Sheffield Wednesday will all be different challenges, and will be no picnics. But we have the armoury to do damage to these teams if we continue to improve in the manner we are, what is reassuring is that we had a strong bench also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

It's a dangerous game to look too far ahead and so I am not getting carried away.  The next game will pose some very different questions for SP but so far he has done just about okay - one blip and two decent outcomes even if neither were totally convincing scorelines.  At the interval SP said he told the team to build attacks more cohesively and not go too early and although we did score the winner there were signs that players were more tense than relaxed and composed.  All in all there is a hell of a lot for SP to do before we can think about where we may be by Xmas.

I thought young Steven Sessegnon was outstanding I have to say.

Tabby

One game at the time. The defense has done pretty well the last two games (only one shot on goal). Think the attacking play could improve given the players here once they get more used to the system.

Singding

Said it once and I'll say it again, we are the best team by a long way in this league, regardless of were we finish that is just a fact. Also like I mentioned before, if we are top or near come jan, & buy Hector or whoever at the back Scott Parker likes, it should give us the depth we ideally need at centre back.
COYW

AnOldBrownie

Oh my...   

I guess there is no middle ground on here.     Maybe that's why people get so riled up one way or another.

Let's enjoy the good start...but Leeds started strong last year and fell off at the end of the year.    I'm going to enjoy each game for itself, then in April...if Fulham is top of the table I'll start thinking about the Championship crown.

It really doesn't have to be glass half empty OR glass half full.     Just enjoy TODAYS win.

Singding

Fair enough mate, and it's a good point, but personally I'm an optimist, I look at that team and some of the players on our bench & I just get excited at the sheer talent. But, and here's the main thing, we finally acquired two players with quality and tenacity in Knockeart & Arter, these are the kinds of players who will turn up to an away game at some minnow on a rainy day and still be desperate to win, and that for me, along with the emergence of Sessegnon, is what has given me enormous confidence this season that we won't falter.
COYW

..FOF..

The next match will probably test our depth.

A decision to be made whether to risk a young SS for a higher pressure, who to replace those that are not fully fit or to risk a less than fit player to start, etc etc?

Singding

Yeah I was thinking the same, Parker would be making a huge risk not rotating, more so in terms of injuries. I'd like to see Reid & Reed get a start and maybe Onomah as a second half sub. That being said, if we're winning by a couple I'd sub Mitrovic in the second half, he's just too important to burn out.

Maccy91

Id go unchanged at the weekend, the lads didn't exaclty exert much energy in the last 20/25 mins last night as the game was won, then play some fringe / reserve players against southampton in the cup, rest first team for cardiff friday night, then if im not mistaken its the international break. Plenty of rest

toshes mate

There are lots of things to admire in football when playing an expansive and fluid game, the expansive being the range and accuracy of passes, and the fluid being the adaptability and movement of players which, if not to the point of Bettinelli and Mitrovic swapping positions, is really classy organisation when every player has that sixth sense for both danger and opportunity as necessary.  The other product of possession in such an organisation is economy of effort - opponents tire faster when they cannot get the ball and yet team mates are still bursting with energy and desire.  You tend not to tire when you are enjoying something, and when things work, oh boy, don't you just want more of it.

Credit to our coaching regime for having the courage to exploit their talented players to the maximum, and credit to those players who have stepped up to the plate (yes, you Steven Sessegnon) and desired to show what they can do too.  Even Kevin McDonald joined in the fun and didn't look back at what has and had gone before.  Rejuvenation of spirit is a tough ask for any professional but how well SP and company have done to find it in this group so early - and after Barnsley too.

RoyTund

I think Bobby Reid will play a key role during this season either in the middle or a little higher up. It's impressive we haven't really needed to drop him in the deep end.