watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Standing to attention.

Started by bog, August 22, 2019, 11:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Have we unearthed another George Cohen? Also can someone tell me what the substitutions last night? Plus are we to take our hats off to TK? Is he learning fast? Will he shut me up?

092.gif

Fernhurst

I was in raptures watching young Ryan Steven. To demonstrate that level of maturity and anchor the Right Back position for this season is fabulous.
Jim and Jamie's superlatives where reserved for Steven after a passing mention for the three musketeers up front.
I voted him MOM again but expect Cav to beat him.

Great win, we are really hitting our straps now, watch out Notts, here we come.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Sorry Captain, didn't answer your substitutes question.

Line-up: Bettinelli; Steven Sessegnon, Mawson, Ream, Bryan; Cairney (De Cordova-Reid 69'), Arter (McDonald 75'), Johansen; Knockaert, Mitrovic, Cavaleiro (Kamara 79')

Unused substitutes: Rodák, Le Marchand, Christie, Reed

grandad

I witnessed the whole of George Cohen´s playing time. He was a great RB but he was a terrible crosser of the ball.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fernhurst

Even Kenneth Wolstenholme had cause to comment on George's crossing during The World Cup Final Grandad. Always a source of amusement on the terraces, but, he was our George and his other talents more than made up for his lack of ability as a winger.

bog

Thanks Fernhurst.

George Best, perhaps the best player ever produced in the UK said the only full back he did not like to play against was George Cohen. Enough said.

092.gif

Statto

Quote from: bog on August 22, 2019, 11:57:48 AM
Plus are we to take our hats off to TK? Is he learning fast?

It's taken him 3 years to learn lessons that most DoFs would be expected to have learned long before becoming DoFs. So no, not "fast" by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he's learning. The big issue for me is he's come across as arrogant and deluded in the past ("I'll die at this club!") but now, learning from his mistakes demonstrates a level of awareness and humility.

bog

Quote from: Statto on August 22, 2019, 09:49:52 PM

It's taken him 3 years to learn lessons that most DoFs would be expected to have learned long before becoming DoFs. So no, not "fast" by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he's learning. The big issue for me is he's come across as arrogant and deluded in the past ("I'll die at this club!") but now, learning from his mistakes demonstrates a level of awareness and humility.

I just hope he is learning fast and all this is not a fluke!!

092.gif

filham

The summer signings are looking good whereas last summer's signings failed us.
Now in all honesty none of us know who takes the credit on the blame for that. Could be TK , the manager at the time , Stats Boy or the Scouts. Perhaps a combination of all of those.

Whitesideup

Quote from: filham on August 22, 2019, 10:04:26 PM
The summer signings are looking good whereas last summer's signings failed us.
Now in all honesty none of us know who takes the credit on the blame for that. Could be TK , the manager at the time , Stats Boy or the Scouts. Perhaps a combination of all of those.
Well, rumours about Arter started some time ago, and that was all because of his family connection to Parker. But our main signings all look as if they have improved the team, whereas last year the same could not be said .. which is even more significant because most teams weaken after relegation.

Let's hope the team that select our signings continue on this successful path.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on August 22, 2019, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 22, 2019, 09:49:52 PM

I just hope he is learning fast and all this is not a fluke!!

092.gif

Well our signings are an awfully lot better than the last splurge.
Already thinking about how we can attract the right type to ensure our survival in the big league.
Certainly not money alone or is it??