watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My personal view

Started by ALG01, August 22, 2019, 08:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Last night was the most stunning display since macdonald's team. The football at times was breathtaking.

I may wlell have to review my depressed  pre season predictions....  but am allowing myself a few more games just to make sure the consistency is there. But wow that game was amazing!!!!! If we can keep that up nobody will live with us.

millsy

Absolutely agree but we can't realistically expect too many outings as good as last night. Fortunately, they don't need to reach those heights every week. If we can consistently turn in performances at 80% of that, we should be good for top two.

filham

It would be great if we could repeat last night's performance again and again but really that is unlikely and I suspect there are some tough tight battles ahead as well as some disappointments.

However, right now we are in the promotion race and I for one am enjoying it.

Whitesideup

I think Filham's post is pretty accurate. Last night our goals came at the right time and knocked the stuffing out of what looked like a poor championship side. The longer a team can hold out, the more frustrated we might become, and the occasional chance will come along. Even Millwall had a couple of reasonable chances (well, maybe one) .. that could have given them a foothold in the game.

I do think we have  a great front 3 but even so, a very defensive set-up, good organization, loads of hard word work, plus maybe a bit of luck, and oppositions  might be able to limit us to few enough chances that we don't score.

And if we feel we have to take the game to the oppo with more urgency, will we be able to maintain our control of the game? Yes, Filham, I am sure there there will be disappointments ahead. But let's enjoy the moment, and let's enjoy the way we are playing. "Football is about glory, doing things in style" ..

AnOldBrownie

I'm excited.  Nuff said.

Injuries are still a thing though, and it's a long season.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on August 22, 2019, 08:16:08 PM
Last night was the most stunning display since macdonald's team. The football at times was breathtaking.

I may wlell have to review my depressed  pre season predictions....  but am allowing myself a few more games just to make sure the consistency is there. But wow that game was amazing!!!!! If we can keep that up nobody will live with us.

Big of you to post this after your pre season predictions.  However, you might still turn out to be right. This is Fulham after all.

ALG01

Quote from: The Old Count on August 23, 2019, 08:28:14 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 22, 2019, 08:16:08 PM

Big of you to post this after your pre season predictions.  However, you might still turn out to be right. This is Fulham after all.

I will be delighted if I do end up having to eat my own pre season words. In truth I think there remain a couple of achilies heels in the team but I shall keep that to myself for the moment. what I had not anticipated was the brilliance of arter as a signing. i have always liked him but was concerned as to his fitness level and we can all see what a contribution he is making.
I was also worried about knock, i know he has talent but was IMO usually unimpressive. His work rate for us is unbelievable, he is realy showing a level of skill I had not anticipated and he looks happy, as if this iswhere he should always have been. Cav, what a star, another on that I think looks totally happy.

Scott has a a squad that looks like a squad that is united and committed and I am guessing will be consistent, but that is instinct. I feel sorry for bobby reid, he looks another brilliant player that will just have to wait for his chance to get a proper run.

Sess at RB was what I had hoped for and he looks good with odoi being cover across the back line. So all in all I am very hopeful pre season gloom will be proved wrong. Even if we do not show up on saturday and get turned over, I will stay calm, that can happen, but there is clearly way more good than bad so far BUT the best thing for me was the style and quick movement of the ball.

ALG01

I notice that people that are quick to insult me when i voice my concerns have not said anything about this post save for the mighty millsy who was good enough to notice i say what i see.

Barrett487

Should we carry on playing like we did, I suspect that we may face some Mourinho-esque 'Park-The-Bus' tactics. I'd be interested at that point to see if Scotty has a plan B.

BestOfBrede

McDonald's team was great, but surely you jest by saying 'since'?
What about Keagan, Roy's Euro ride, Tigana and Slav's teams?
We have been blessed since Mo first took over and now the Khan family!
Long may it continue
COYSW

ALG01

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 23, 2019, 07:33:01 PM
Long may it continue
COYSW

IMO
MAC'S  team's style was the best i saw. It may not have been the best but thrilled in a way I haven't experienced until the millwall game. All you say is true but for me this was thrilling in that way.

toshes mate

Your original post is a credible statement ALG01 whereas those who write about you insulting the Khans are incredible.  There are many on here who seem to believe because they bow before the Khans we should all do so.  Such people are narrow minded and bigoted and I prefer your tell it how it is (for you) style, which, at the very least, is intended to get us out of our comfort zones.

filham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 23, 2019, 07:33:01 PM
Long may it continue
COYSW
I do agree that all of the teams you mention were great Fulham sides but the McDonald team included Ivor at his best, bet we will never see a goalscorer to better him.

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on August 24, 2019, 08:02:25 AM
Your original post is a credible statement ALG01 whereas those who write about you insulting the Khans are incredible.  There are many on here who seem to believe because they bow before the Khans we should all do so.  Such people are narrow minded and bigoted and I prefer your tell it how it is (for you) style, which, at the very least, is intended to get us out of our comfort zones.

:plus one:

john dempsey

some bigot has removed my bigoted post
how narrow minded....

Twig

Quote from: john dempsey on August 24, 2019, 02:47:55 PM
some bigot has removed my bigoted post
how narrow minded....

So what was your bigoted post?

john dempsey

Quote from: ALG01 on August 23, 2019, 07:09:21 PM
I notice that people that are quick to insult me when i voice my concerns have not said anything about this post save for the mighty millsy who was good enough to notice i say what i see.
I just responded to this and basically if you give it out you should be
prepared to take it. and fair play to this poster he is entitled to his opinion just as every one else is.
it was (sting of the north) that accused me of being narrow minded and a bigot.
obviously with this hot weather and his jackboots chaffing his groin he will be a bit cranky so I forgive him....

ALG01

Quote from: john dempsey on August 24, 2019, 08:24:22 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 23, 2019, 07:09:21 PM
I just responded to this and basically if you give it out you should be
prepared to take it. and fair play to this poster he is entitled to his opinion just as every one else is.
it was (sting of the north) that accused me of being narrow minded and a bigot.
obviously with this hot weather and his jackboots chaffing his groin he will be a bit cranky so I forgive him....

I can cope with argument. That is not what you do.

Iam not insulting I merely say what is the truth. Our dof would not get a job anywhere else in football and even if he did would have Ben removed. That is argument not giving it out.

john dempsey

you believe you tell the truth and obviously that is your right.
I conversely believe you offer a misguided opinion and I hope we can just
leave it at that. but on your previous form I don't hold much hope of that ocurring

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on August 24, 2019, 08:02:25 AM

I agree with ALGOI and TM just because some people want to put their head in the oven, it does not mean the rest of us have to also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.