watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-

Started by bog, August 23, 2019, 01:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

The members of the OSA and all supporters were all very impressed by Wednesday night, a superb display, but some of the OSA may be holding back on early celebrations for the long term as we have been disappointed before. The most memorable for me was Boxing Day 1963, beat Ipswich 10-1, then the very next day lose 4-2 at Portman Road.   :016: 17 goals in two games.

092.gif

SG

I was at both games. Typical bloody Fulham

bog

SG you have my total envy! I missed both! Usually never missed a home game but was away for Christmas. The ultimate come down that must have been. . 

092.gif

ron

Quote from: SG on August 23, 2019, 01:37:01 PM
I was at both games. Typical bloody Fulham

Allegedly the defeat was a result of the fact that Ipswich had sobered up by the weekend. Most were Oliver Twist on the Boxing Day. I wasn't at the game, but I vividly remember my delight at seeing the result on the early evening news.
Where did 55 years go?

OldBrownShoe

I think we were a bit Brahms and Liszt in the away fixture! But typical Fulhamish result of the times. Remember when we lost in the away game having walloped Sheffield Wednesday at home. And the massive defeat at Molineux having trounced Wolves at home?
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

SG

I heard that it was us celebrating the emphatic victory from which we didn't recover in time!

bog

Away from football another big come down must be the current England cricket team! World Cup winners weeks ago and now this...

092.gif

OldBrownShoe

093.gif but this is proper cricket! Poor captain, chief selector and fairly useless batsmen who aren't up to it.  Remember great Ken Barrington, John Edrich, Sir Geoffrey, David Steele would never surrender their wickets. :group hug:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

SG

Give me an ashes victory over the Micky mouse stuff every time

bog

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on August 23, 2019, 05:00:50 PM
093.gif but this is proper cricket! Poor captain, chief selector and fairly useless batsmen who aren't up to it.  Remember great Ken Barrington, John Edrich, Sir Geoffrey, David Steele would never surrender their wickets. :group hug:

What names you give us OBS!

092.gif

bog

I don't know about everyone else but I am struggling to remain cool and calm. After the last display I cannot wait for the next game....was this a flash in the park er pan?  :022:

092.gif

filham

Wednesday night's performance was magnificent and today we will all be looking for more of the same.
This afternoon Parker has to guard against over confidence and ensure the team are prepared for a battle.

bog

Quote from: filham on August 24, 2019, 11:27:43 AM
Wednesday night's performance was magnificent and today we will all be looking for more of the same.
This afternoon Parker has to guard against over confidence and ensure the team are prepared for a battle.

Spot on.   :54:

092.gif