watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How awful were Forest?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

The mistake made by Sess was a big factor in the outcome. Overall I didn't think we deserved to lose but that's football and Forest defended superbly for long periods. Credit to them for executing their game plan.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It's take time but at last there is some sense on this thread. Their back four gave nothing away and were positioned across the goal area every time we got near the area. Disciplined defending spoilt only by the time wasting. Full credit to their manager but oh so.frustrating.

Tabby

They did what they set out to do, got a few bounces their way and won. It happens, hopefully the players can take it in stride and win the next game.

My main critisisms would be towards Parker, the team was very unbalanced after he swapped Kamara in for Sess. Not a knock against either of the players, but I don't think that the team was used to that system.

terryr

Hatch007

Yes Sess gave the ball away but let's not get on the young lads back, ream and Mawson should be expecting an error to occur and be ready to deal with it they had switched off as we where in possession the lad played less than 10 first team games the experience pros should be there to cover for those mistakes and Betts should have saved it
[/quote]

Nero
Please watch the second goal again and then tell me Betts still should have saved it. Grabban caught it sweetly and it went post and in. With all due respect htf was Betts at fault there?

Seriously ...

Tabby

Quote from: TerryR on August 24, 2019, 06:39:32 PM
Kamara set up mitro's goal

Yes. After Parker swapped Mawson for Christie and the setup got a bit more clear with having Ream as the lone CB. I didn't say that Kamara was awful, just that there was a stretch where the players just seemed unsure as to what to do. Mawson wasn't playing on the right. Kamara wasn't playing as a defender. The team got unbalanced.

Mince n Tatties

Scottie wants to keep quiet as well,read today he warned Forest that his boys were on a roll and high in confidence..... It always comes back to bite you.

terryr

But we scored
Before that we gave up 2

Twig

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 24, 2019, 06:43:26 PM
Yes Sess gave the ball away but let's not get on the young lads back, ream and Mawson should be expecting an error to occur and be ready to deal with it they had switched off as we where in possession the lad played less than 10 first team games the experience pros should be there to cover for those mistakes and Betts should have saved it

Nero
Please watch the second goal again and then tell me Betts still should have saved it. Grabban caught it sweetly and it went post and in. With all due respect htf was Betts at fault there?

Seriously ...
[/quote]

To suggest that Betts should have saved the second (or the first come to that) is arrant nonsense from someone who clearly wasn't there.  We lost to a team who defended doggedly and took their two chances.  Our balls into the box were really poor today, both corners (we wasted far too many) and crosses. If you don't beat the first defender it's useless.
One other criticism; in the first half we made decent progress up the right flank but on the left Cav was starved because Joe was having an off day knocking absolutely everything straight back or square to Ream.  I watched carefully and he only played one forward pass throughout the first half.

Nero

Nero

Seriously ...
[/quote]
.Im on about the first goal

Hatch007

Quote from: Nero on August 24, 2019, 07:10:18 PM

Nero

Seriously ...
.Im on about the first goal
[/quote]

OK but that's certainly not how your post reads at all

Old timer

And not as predictable as were in the second half...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skatzoffc

I was at the game today. The ref was hopeless.

But we didn't lose because we had an incompetent ref.

We lost because we were complacent and  gave away 2 simple, soft goals to a team who were strong and well drilled defensively.

This is the way teams will have to play us this season. We must learn  from this game and fast.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

@jolslover

STH H3

F(f)CUK

We lost because they came out quicker than us, defended well and never lost their shape. They didn't come out which meant that we couldn't hit them on the break. On the rare occasion we could have space we were not quick enough. Our crossing was from too deep allowing their central defenders to pick up the crosses easily. Mitro was marked out of the game. Only Knockeart actually took anyone on.

However, if we play like we did today we will beat most teams.

Woolly Mammoth

Complacency at the start cost us the game, we are not the finished article yet. Forest did what they had to do assisted by the worst refereeing performance I have seen for a while. Wake up Fulham, we must start matches with a purpose not a stroll.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Tabby on August 24, 2019, 06:35:50 PM
They did what they set out to do, got a few bounces their way and won. It happens, hopefully the players can take it in stride and win the next game.

My main critisisms would be towards Parker, the team was very unbalanced after he swapped Kamara in for Sess. Not a knock against either of the players, but I don't think that the team was used to that system.
We scored because Parker went all offensive. I didn't have a problem with Parker's subs at all.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

bobbo

Quote from: OhConnah on August 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM
We did not play badly at all...yes the end product was suspect.... we simply out played Forest in every aspect of the game (except the one that counts...goals). To witness a side that lacks quality and is anti-football as it comes with the time wasting, add to that an oblivious ref who ignores four handballs in the penalty box and couldn't get a control on the game....you just hate to see the loss. Had we been genuinely outplayed, fine, fair play - but we weren't.
my thoughts exactly, regarding the time wasting , I thought the ref was at fault for not dealing with it properly.
He books the goalkeeper for time wasting but he just carries on doing it and when our players complain he points o his watch indicating he's adding the time on. This is no good a booking is no deterrent to the keeper he probably doesn't have to pay the fine.
When are these refs gonna man up and follow the yellow with a red. It will certainly deter them from persistently wasting time.
Notts forest ----awful team is commit suicide if I had to watch that crap week in week out.
Ref ----- also awful very poor missed two handballs first half.
None of this is sour grapes, I'm always happy to bow down when we're second best and get beat by a better side.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Denver Fulham

Forest were quite good in the first 45. We'd be raving about their goal if we had scored it. Very solid defensively, knocked the ball around a bit.

Second half, they tired and it was basically one-way traffic save for the mistake from Sess. What can you do. Nothing Betts could do on either goal, and they had one other shot on target, which was a pretty simple save. Knockaert's service was horrid today. Cairney wasn't seeing the same thing as the front three. Just didn't have the same fluidity, but Forest deserves a lot of credit for that. Good road performance from them. Lesson learned, hopefully.

Chesh

Quote from: Carborundum on August 24, 2019, 06:23:31 PM
Not awful at all.  Defended expertly, with Michael Dawson in commanding form.  Lewis Grabban two chances two goals.  Ben Watson organising the midfield screening. Collectively they did a very effective job on us.
Spot on
Made in Hammersmith (1968)