more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How awful were Forest?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 24, 2019, 09:05:43 PM
Forest were quite good in the first 45. We'd be raving about their goal if we had scored it. Very solid defensively, knocked the ball around a bit.

Second half, they tired and it was basically one-way traffic save for the mistake from Sess. What can you do. Nothing Betts could do on either goal, and they had one other shot on target, which was a pretty simple save. Knockaert's service was horrid today. Cairney wasn't seeing the same thing as the front three. Just didn't have the same fluidity, but Forest deserves a lot of credit for that. Good road performance from them. Lesson learned, hopefully.
Also spot on
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

FFC1987

Sorry but why are we slagging off a team that just came to in form fulham away and not only took 3 points, but absolutely deserved them? We should be looking at ourselves on why we didn't beat them, not slagging off the oppo.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 24, 2019, 10:11:08 PM
Sorry but why are we slagging off a team that just came to in form fulham away and not only took 3 points, but absolutely deserved them? We should be looking at ourselves on why we didn't beat them, not slagging off the oppo.

We had 3 times the possession, twice as many shots, twice as many shots on target, 13 corners and less fouls. You're entitled to the opinion that they "deserved" 3 points but that's certainly not my opinion. IMO they won through a combination of (in descending order) Tim Ream, good fortune, poor refereeing, a slip up from Sessegnon and our profligacy. All their Christmases came at once.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2019, 10:21:51 PM

We had 3 times the possession, twice as many shots, twice as many shots on target, 13 corners and less fouls. You're entitled to the opinion that they "deserved" 3 points but that's certainly not my opinion. IMO they won through a combination of (in descending order) Tim Ream, good fortune, poor refereeing, a slip up from Sessegnon and our profligacy. All their Christmases came at once.

They scored more goals than us. That's the bottom line. Sentiment is the same. If we aren't out scoring Forest, at home, we haven't done our job properly.

Aussie_Fulham

At the end of the day, they've come to our home turf and pulled our pants down. Little bit of complacency from the lads I feel. Really lacked the ability to land the killer blow. It's only August so they're effectively still working on their cohesion and getting comfortable playing with each other. As long as we're in the position we are come christmas, I'll be confident with a healthy squad that we'll head into the new year like our last championship campaign and secure promotion. We're not going to win every game. While it is annoying, I'd rather lose early games in the manner we did today than be completely and utterly hopeless with no answers like Milwall during the week.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 24, 2019, 10:24:28 PM

They scored more goals than us. That's the bottom line. Sentiment is the same. If we aren't out scoring Forest, at home, we haven't done our job properly.
I entirely agree we didn't do our job properly and that they scored more than us, just saying those things are not the same as them "deserving" the win or are a good team

FFC1987

I appreciate that, but we do need to address the elephant in the room. We've played 5 games, won 3, lost 2 and the two we've lost, if we want top 2, should be 3 point games. We have much tougher games ahead and securing points early doors is nearly always a key component to a top 2 finish. Not to dwell, but we need ti get some consistency and win games like this on home turf. It's worrying to say the least.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 24, 2019, 10:43:45 PM
I appreciate that, but we do need to address the elephant in the room. We've played 5 games, won 3, lost 2 and the two we've lost, if we want top 2, should be 3 point games. We have much tougher games ahead and securing points early doors is nearly always a key component to a top 2 finish. Not to dwell, but we need ti get some consistency and win games like this on home turf. It's worrying to say the least.

Agree
Big concern for me today was Ream
As a consequence of not signing a defender, we're reliant on Mawson and Ream staying fit and on form
Watching the highlights today, Ream was awful for both goals
Probably worse for the second where Grabban managed to turn him inside out merely by running in a straight line

The Rock

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2019, 10:50:50 PM

Agree
Big concern for me today was Ream
As a consequence of not signing a defender, we're reliant on Mawson and Ream staying fit and on form
Watching the highlights today, Ream was awful for both goals
Probably worse for the second where Grabban managed to turn him inside out merely by running in a straight line

Ream has always been suspect for a lot of our goals; before our promotion run I will personally admit to posting anti-Ream threads for about 2 years straight as he just wasn't good enough.

But to be fair, he has deserved credit since and confidence brings out unfortold things in players. Hopefully we'll see that soon in all the players including Ream.

SuffolkWhite

Coming late to this thread and was not at the game and have not watched the highlights yet. Did listen to GJ though, but 5 games top 6 and a team still gelling.

Not worried yet, but we will play teams that are going to be playing these tactics. It's a bit like the season we went up as we have to score first and then we can command the game as the opposition have to come at us then.

One game at a time.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

All defenders can have bad days. It's what it is l don't believe that there will be many of those so let's just move on

fulham traveller

We lost because we never got behind their back line, only ak did and we s order from it, they had a plan and we helped them

Whitestone

I'm surprised that Tim Ream is getting stick. Thought Forest's first was a good team goal. That said it might not have happened if the player with the assist hadn't been given so much time and space to make the cross. The second came about as result of a mistake by Sessegnon. These things happen. Yeah it's frustrating but there were loads of positives today and on another day on the play we would have won comfortably. Unfortunately football doesn't always work like that.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2019, 10:43:30 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 24, 2019, 10:24:28 PM

I entirely agree we didn't do our job properly and that they scored more than us, just saying those things are not the same as them "deserving" the win or are a good team

Sorry Statto.
That doesn't make a lot of sense imo.
We didn't do our job. They did theirs.
They scored more goals .
Ergo, they deserved to win..
That's football.

We move on.

Skatzoffc

Not sure it's worrying for me tbh.
Barnsley, yes. But first game and always a potential banana skin imo.

Forest are tipped as top 6 and rightly so.
Was always a tough fixture this. We had a bad day at the office and they played well.

But this was never a given win on my card. Always a tough game and that's what transpired. Forest have had a very tough start playing lots of "predicted" top teams, including us. They are stoked to have played those game and have the points they have so far and have got those games out of the way early doors.

We are still getting it together and imo when we meet them later on we will do them.
Time will tell.

Coyw!

Fulham 442

The mistake made by Sess was a big factor in the outcome. Overall I didn't think we deserved to lose but that's football and Forest defended superbly for long periods. Credit to them for executing their game plan.

:plus one:

WindyCity

Quote from: OhConnah on August 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM
We did not play badly at all...yes the end product was suspect.... we simply out played Forest in every aspect of the game (except the one that counts...goals). To witness a side that lacks quality and is anti-football as it comes with the time wasting, add to that an oblivious ref who ignores four handballs in the penalty box and couldn't get a control on the game....you just hate to see the loss. Had we been genuinely outplayed, fine, fair play - but we weren't.

The end result is all that matters.  Sorry, but you've got to take advantage of all the opportunities and chances 77% possession affords you.  Teams will lay back and let you play with yourself all match long.  But if you don't try to attack and pose a real threat, nothing happens.  To wit, the Palace win v ManU, at ManU.  Lack of possession does not mean an automatic poor result.  Quite the contrary in many cases.  It happens all the time in this sport.  All the excuses in the world, as outlined in your post, don't change the fact that you lost a game, at home, against a 'weaker' opponent.  Not acceptable if you have designs on a top two finish.

Milo

Ream at fault for both goals. What was he doing??

Still not regained that consistency it seems.

bobbo

the reason why was all the ply acting and time wasting. It's not conducive of the game and we , generally , are not used to it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope