watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My player ratings v Southampton

Started by MrFFC, August 28, 2019, 01:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

I went to the game on my own today as other family members couldn't make it. I thought it was a good 1st half performance & a very poor 2nd half performance.

Rodak         -  9 - MOTM with ease. I thought he was quicker with his feet than Bettinelli & made some great saves. It would be a very poor decision from Parker if Rodak didn't start on Friday.

Christie       - 5 - Very shakey performance. Was a chance for him to stake a claim but I thought he was very below par.

McDonald     - 7 - Surprised to see him start at CB but I felt he had a good game there made some good blocks & tackles. Led by example.

Le Marchand - 5 - I like that he gets on the ball & tries to play but he takes too long & gives the ball away too much. On tonight's showing he certainly isn't a threat to Tim Ream.

Bryan           - 6 - Good 1st half like most of the team but seemed to switch off a bit 2nd half letting the ball go out of play a few times. Solid enough performance.

Onomah        - 6 - Saw some nice flashes from him in that 1st half , has the makings of a very good player but for a player trying to get in to a very strong midfield he didn't do enough for me.

Johansen       - 6 - Solid enough performance from Johansen who picked us the customary hacking out yellow card. Offered energy but gave the ball away a few times.

O'Riley           - 7 - I liked what I saw especially in the 1st half with some great passing & tackles. Impressive showing although faded as the game went on.

De La Torre  - 6 - Some good touches in the 1st half but faded badly in the 2nd giving the ball away multiple times. May be being harsh but just expect more from him as am a big fan of his talent.

Reid             - 6 - Very unlucky with the free kick what a strike that would have been. Felt for him he was very isolated but he certainly needs to show something soon to force his way in to the side. Average performance.

Kamara         - 5 - Pace such an outlet but lack of football brain cost him. Very sloppy in possession tonight with no end product.

Subs -

Francois         - 5 - Nice for him to get his debut, not much time to make an impression.

Davis            -N/A - Came on so late in to game but another debut.

Crossdale      -N/A - Another debut too late to make an impact. Shame he wasn't introduced for longer.
Come on you Whites!! :)

Classic94

Rodak - 9
Christie - 4
McDonald - 8
MLM - 3
Bryan - 7
Onomah - 5
Johansen - 6
O'Riley - 7
De la Torre - 6
Reid - 6
Kamara - 4

Christie, MLM and Kamara aren't good enough, not even as squad players. MLM makes SO MANY glaring errors, mostly by surrendering possession around the 6 yard box, and Christie needs a move for his sake. I can hardly believe both were PL regulars for us last year! On evidence of this season so far, Rodak looks superior to Bettinelli.

Statto

cheers MrFFC, very helpful for those of us not there

grandad

I am giving Christie a 9 just to spite his detractors. He wasn´t the worst player on the pitch. MLM was a 3 .
Where there's a will there's a wife

..FOF..

Quote from: MrFFC on August 28, 2019, 01:13:06 AM
Rodak         -  9 - MOTM with ease. I thought he was quicker with his feet than Bettinelli & made some great saves. It would be a very poor decision from Parker if Rodak didn't start on Friday.

I too would like to see Rodak tested with our first team but I don't think Betts did bad enough in the last match to be dropped.

I am expecting the time will come for Rodak this season as long as Betts remains consistently average.

millsy

From what I saw, fair summaries above but particularly concerned at lack of quality from AK, who is a loose cannon and looks likely only ever to be an impact sub at this level. Really could do with a Dwight Gayle or similar, who could give us an alternative to Mitro, forced or tactical and could also sometimes play alongside him, when circumstances suit.

Liked O'Reilly and saw some glimpses of Onomoah. Two who I believe can do a job for the first team this season, if called on.

I'm afraid the side we chose to put out gave the whole thing the feel of a pre-season friendly and thus there was no intensity, which may have affected some performances.

Rodak did very well and I'm afraid Max showed why our defence has been so porous. The guy looks so classy and in control but keeps giving the ball away and losing his man in the box.

Sting of the North

Isn't Reid that alternative to Mitro?

Whitesideup

6 for Reid about right, but not all of his making. He did not see much of the ball, especially second half when we pinned them down in our defensive third of the pitch. His cameo roles so far in the Championship have been good.

millsy

I guess Reid might be our second striker but haven't seen that skillset in him yet. Looks more like a forward looking midfielder to me so far but I guess we'll learn more in time. It's clear though it can't be AK, sad to say.