watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POSITIVE VIEW: We will click

Started by joef, August 31, 2019, 12:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joef

Playing this kind of football takes a while to get into the groove.

It was the same under Slav. We looked suspect until we put 5 past Sheffield United end of November 2017 and hit our groove.

After that the team seemed to innately understand how to break teams down, hold their nerve, when to shoot, when to hold, when to pass etc - it became second nature.

Cardiff away is a horrible fixture against a horrible team with a cynical manager.

I have faith we will hit our stride this year once the training becomes second nature on the pitch.

Lighthouse

First of all we are sometimes poor in the way we get the ball into dangerous positions. Too slow and obvious. However we can also be quick and clever as with our goal. I understand the frustration by some and understand that we have problems in certain positions sometimes. But we certainly have moments when we look as if we are clicking as a team. Just need to find the consistency.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Aussie_Fulham

I am very happy with where we are at.

The type of football we are playing is what secured us promotion in this league last time. Our squad and in particular our starting XI have all barely played together, so we are still building cohesion and chemistry, and will continue to do so in the coming months.

Unlike the last time we gained promotion, we appear to be there abouts in terms of top 6 early on in the season. I truly believe that if our squad remains healthy, we'll continue to to sit in the 6 while we dominate games and build cohesion amongst the playing group, before going on a strong run in the new year to eventually finish top 2.

Trust the process lads. We've started the season very well and our best football is well ahead of us.

deano_632

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 31, 2019, 01:30:30 AM

The type of football we are playing is what secured us promotion in this league last time. Our squad and in particular our starting XI have all barely played together, so we are still building cohesion and chemistry, and will continue to do so in the coming months.

Unlike the last time we gained promotion, we appear to be there abouts in terms of top 6 early on in the season. I truly believe that if our squad remains healthy, we'll continue to to sit in the 6 while we dominate games and build cohesion amongst the playing group, before going on a strong run in the new year to eventually finish top 2.

Trust the process lads. We've started the season very well and our best football is well ahead of us.

+1

AnOldBrownie

Not worried. I'm expecting a playoff spot. Anything else is gravy.

Manchester City didn't always click Pep's first season. New players...new system...first time coach...

I'm good.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

joef

Quote from: Aussie_Fulham on August 31, 2019, 01:30:30 AM

Exactly this ☝🏻

davew

I am already fed up watching all this pretty possession football with rarely an end result. We are not Barcelona and almost invincible! Our defence and our goalkeeper are suspect and this coupled with the slow and sometimes pointless sideways/backwards passing will stop us challenging for the play offs. Agreed we looked like world beaters against Millwall, but now looking back, it was only Millwall!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

I suggest those who don´t like the way SP has us playing listen to his explanation of why he wants us to play this way. You either accept it or go & watch a hoof ball team.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on August 31, 2019, 08:36:14 AM
I suggest those who don´t like the way SP has us playing listen to his explanation of why he wants us to play this way. You either accept it or go & watch a hoof ball team.
We need to speed up the passing, of course I would rather watch us then Cardiff!!

Woolly Mammoth

My only criticism and it is constructive, is that at times we have to increase the tempo, not enough players running off the ball creating space for themselves and each other. But I agree with Scott Parker's philosophy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Kiwimike

Goalkeepers and defenders are like the security services against terrorists (the attackers) - the GK and co have to gt it right every time, the attackers only once or twice a game to be heroes.  How about vilifying the attack squad for not hitting the target more than 5% (1 in 20) times.
I have not seen any comments about how bad the Cardiff defence were to leave Mitro alone at the back post to score his goal, he is just the hero who saved us from an ignominious defeat.

6 games in and we re doing a lot better than I was expecting for a newly relegated team, give it time and we will start to prevail more.

davew

We haven´t played any of the teams in the top 8 yet, so not sure that 10 points from 6 games is a great start? Long way to go though!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on August 31, 2019, 08:36:14 AM
When I heard him say that it reminded me very much of Welsh Rugby and 'Warrenball'. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 31, 2019, 08:43:58 AM
My only criticism and it is constructive, is that at times we have to increase the tempo, not enough players running off the ball creating space for themselves and each other. But I agree with Scott Parker's philosophy.

This. But tempered by a) the fact that the work-rate implied is hard to sustain (remember Bareclona at their best used to cover 5-10% more ground than any of their competitors) and b) at the moment we are still playing percentage football, ie very often better safe than risk losing possession.

As the team improves and get to know each other, the timing of the runs,and  the understanding should improve. We may find ourselves in positions where we are better  able to create more through faster, more incisive passing.  At the moment it is still a bit too easy for teams to regroup and sit back, and it's hard to break them down eg Forest.

Whitestone

More than happy with the managers philosophy and style of play. Sure at times yesterday the build up play was slow and if we're going to succeed in breaking the opposition down we must raise the tempo. Scott Parker was unhappy with the performance, particularly the first half and clearly recognises the issues. It's work in progress. Keep the faith.

Statto

Personally don't take any comfort from our slow starts under Jokanovic. We can't keep relying on extraordinary runs of form in the second half of the season, and in any case we still only made the play-offs. This season anything less than top 2 will be perceived as disappointing by the general football community, and I suspect by our senior management as well.

However, drawing away to a strong team like Cardiff, having had them on the back foot for most of the game and our pants pulled down by the ref, isn't a bad result IMO.

The pi&& poor result was Forest. We should have won that and those 3 points have made this a slightly disappointing start rather than a good start.

The pressure is now on us to win an absolute minimum of 3 games out of the next block of 5 up to the next international break IMO.

toshes mate

There are marked differences to Jokanovic's playing style and Parker's current work in progress.  Both appear to be structured around keeping possession and moving the opposition around but Parker's teams have tended to play at a faster tempo once the ball reaches a certain point of attack.  SJ's sides seemed to change tempo in the same way as they moved the ball, sometimes quick ball and sometimes slow ball, whereas, at times, Parker's attacks can seem to disappear into a blur.  I'd say it is down to composure but I am not sure that is as simple as that.  Perhaps decision making needs to be improved and that means having options to choose from.

humussapiens

Fulham 74 long balls, Cardiff 58. Because of more possession or panic/game management defending after being down to 10?

First draw in Parker tenure.

bigalffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 31, 2019, 08:43:58 AM
Spot on Wooly! I think Mawson and Ream will get a world record for passing to each other whilst waiting for some movement. I think though, after a few more games, this will be sorted and we will be phenomenal.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Moltobueno

the opponent cant score when we are the ones passing the ball, even if the ball moves just between ream and mawson 092.gif