News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Bob Monkhouse pointed out.

Started by bog, September 06, 2019, 11:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Will never forget Bob Monkhouse politely pointing out that certain name backwards was E ba gum.... 

brightster

I always thought I heard that from the Goodies from one of their sketches, never forgot that line and whenever I hear the name I always say it!

Fulham 442

Fernhurst

Bit too smarmy for me, our Bob, but, nevertheless very clever man.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 06, 2019, 03:48:09 PM

He was as you say. He was also a wonderfully talented drawer.   :54:

bog

Quote from: bog on September 06, 2019, 04:54:59 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 06, 2019, 03:48:09 PM

He was as you say. He was also a wonderfully talented drawer.   :54: One of his jokes..."When I said I wanted to be a comedian they all laughed at me, they are not laughing now." 

Fulham 442

He was as you say. He was also a wonderfully talented drawer.   :54: One of his jokes..."When I said I wanted to be a comedian they all laughed at me, they are not laughing now."

Very clever man  although not everyone's cup of tea.   

Lighthouse

He was a great comedy historian and kept books and films of past comedians and appearances. He was also a film buff. Had a very interesting and eventful life in showbiz that I wont bore people with here.  Very quick and full of puns on names. Part of the old school when comedians and script writers had to work hard. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steeeeeeeeeed

He was pretty special was Bob. I never really appreciated him much when watching him on Game Shows in the 80s and 90s, but he was kind of wasted on them really.

He is a very important figure in UK Comedy, and many young comedians tell how he helped them when starting out.

There are episodes of his chat show wIth comedians which I think are some of his best work, here he is with Joan Rivers, which was, I think, her introduction to the UK audience...

https://youtu.be/CouMOKV6Vpo

And surely Jimmy Carr just basically copied his 'methid' and added a 'seal laugh' :-)

HV71

He was as you say. He was also a wonderfully talented drawer.   

An open and shut case