News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Standing at ease and bored stiff.

Started by bog, September 07, 2019, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

No game today....boring.  :dft011: The BBC annoys me, no Final Score for leagues 1 and 2. No spotlight for them ever. 

092.gif   

Fernhurst

With you all the way Captain....... Bored witless...... could try the local Non League scene today, but the thought of watching a load of 30 somethings hacking lumps out of each other on a muddy pitch for a tenner a pop doesn't thrill me either.
Watched Scotland lose at home last night,,,,, what a load of pish.

Looks like it's a shopping trip with the Mrs......😩😩😩
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

I am expecting to see England score five this evening, ITV5pm this evening, that should help break the boredom.

Fernhurst

Don't expect to get any solace from our cricket team....... all out by lunch, the way it's going 👎👎👎
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Just watched 'Football' Focus. As no Premier or Championship games the prog was cut down to 30 minutes.  Not a single mention of the day's fixtures of Leagues 1 and 2. It is a misrepresentation that title.  :031: Oh and next week Marcus Rashford of Manchester United is on, exciting or wot?

092.gif

Lighthouse

Quote from: filham on September 07, 2019, 10:28:52 AM
I am expecting to see England score five this evening, ITV5pm this evening, that should help break the boredom.

Although I shall probably watch it. I have no real interest in the outcome. I really can't muster any enthusiasm. I don't really know the players and frankly the connection between the International side and the fans seems to have become ever wider. I guess it is just me. But I really don't care other than the fact that the Internationals interrupt the proper football.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 07, 2019, 11:56:27 AM
Don't expect to get any solace from our cricket team....... all out by lunch, the way it's going 👎👎👎
No century from Stokes, no rain equals no ashes.

Carborundum

Huge weekend.  The footballing phenomenon that is the Surrey Youth League starts tomorrow.  Four hundred and eighty teams from Under 12 to Under 18 will get their seasons underway and begin a journey that will be fun, challenging, and teach young people the benefits of application and working together. 

If you are wondering why the South Circular and surrounding areas are clogged in the middle of a Sunday, now you know.

To the organisers of Surrey Youth League, simply this: I salute you.

bog

Quote from: Carborundum on September 07, 2019, 08:20:24 PM
Huge weekend.  The footballing phenomenon that is the Surrey Youth League starts tomorrow.  Four hundred and eighty teams from Under 12 to Under 18 will get their seasons underway and begin a journey that will be fun, challenging, and teach young people the benefits of application and working together. 

If you are wondering why the South Circular and surrounding areas are clogged in the middle of a Sunday, now you know.

To the organisers of Surrey Youth League, simply this: I salute you.

Good luck to them. All volunteers  :54:

bobbo

You bored lads need to have an interest in another club , ideally non football league , somewhere local to you.
That's exactly what I did yesterday watched my old team I played for , albeit they got beat 2-1 by Walton and hersham.
  I'm sur you're like me yer first love is Fulham but it's better than being at a loose end on international weekends.

Ironic post this one 1958 the year I started in earnest going to the cottage.
1975 just leaving home full of hope