more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Advice on coaches to away games for new fan

Started by Fulhum, September 11, 2019, 08:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhum

Hi,

Hello, I'm a new fan and have a question or two about the coaches to away games.

Is it easy to get a ticket or are they usually snapped up by regulars?

What's the atmosphere like on the bus? Is it nonstop partying or just sensible tactical discussions?

On the return do they drop people nearer a tube station or is the return always to Craven Cottage?

Thanks

Fernhurst

Good questions, come on guys, help the fella out.

Sorry, I do not have the info myself
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Roberty

They just add another coach if they need to - so I have never had a problem getting a ticket

Going North they usually stop at the M6 toll services - so unless you want to be fleeced - buy a sandwich from Tesco when your on the way to Craven Cottage

No booze - so quieter than you might want

The Craven Cottage Coach will stop to let you off if you speak to the driver and they always stop near to Hammersmith Broadway if you want to catch a tube home
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fulhum

Thanks very much, that is helpful. I didn't want to walk from the Cottage late at night, but Hammersmith is fine. Thanks.

hovewhite

Also they do a bag check of everyone when getting on to make sure no booze gets on.

AlanH4

Club stewards travel on coaches this season. Next trip is £20.00 to Sheff Wed and Reading is £13.00.  So much cheaper than the train.  Furthest trip Boro will be £30.00.  A lot of coach regulars use Hop Poles and William Morris on arrival back in Hammersmith.  You always get a mixed crowd on the coach.  Worth checking out just for the price and meeting with fellow Fulham fans.  Good Luck.  049:gif

G_Gribby

I probably skip coaches, not because it's a bad service its absolutely not. Reason for me is it bring bad luck me using it. Last time was that Reading away when that fog canseled the match in halftime. Freezing it was but the buss was warm and friendly. I got tea and a sandwich of the chap next to me. We were wondering what Ross McCormack was up to..
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Bill2

The trouble with coaches is mid week games, went to Old Trafford and Sunderland and didn't get back to 6:00 in the morning. Although getting out of Manchester took ages, driver was probably told route to take but not the way I would have gone.

Dr Know

A few years ago I was on the supporters coach to Colchester away that actually went to Cambridge , never saw the game , the driver , with his inability to read a bleedin map , got the sack !

SP

Quote from: hovewhite on September 13, 2019, 06:43:05 AM
Also they do a bag check of everyone when getting on to make sure no booze gets on.

No more whisky in flasks then?