filham

Surely we al expected better than this

2 games lost
4 goals scored in last four games
6 places below play offs
8 places below Ha Has
10 places below top two
12th in table after 12 games.

Put the 4 goals we scored against Millwall to one side and clearly we have a goal scoring problem and we have yet to play against the best teams,

Fulham76

It's a little worrying but we barely created anything today either. Weds had all the chances & Betts needed to pull off 4-5 decent saves. Don't remember their keeper having to do anything.

It's all very well having 70% possession each game but we don't do enough with it, we need to be more direct, (not long balls, just much quicker going forward), we've certainly got the players for it.

MikeW

I think Scott is trying to bore us to death.  More seriously, he is proving himself to be coming up very short on tactics and ideas.  At this rate, with the talent at his disposal, he needs to seriously up his game.  I was going to say he needs a good coach but that's what he is isn't it?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

..FOF..

Before the match, beside the case for Rodak to start, I was pointing out that we are missing an out and out striker on the bench.

We need such player to raise our goal tally if we cannot see it happening with Mitro in the 2nd half.

I believe 2 to 3 seasons ago Ryan Sess was the one shaking things up but from deep.

This season we need to keep Mitro on his toes.

Lighthouse

I didn't expect better and think we have started well.  I am more frustrated today with another last minute goal but up to then we played a good away game. We frustrated them, got a goal and had to withstand one of the best high ball games in the Championship and did well for most of the game. Betts did well and the defense was ok. We tried to mix it up with ten minutes to go and frankly it looked to be working. So I think it is a gross over simplification and exaggeration to say we all expected better. What right did any fan think that. The hardest league in the Country to get out off other than staying up in the Prem.

Sorry I am totally bemused by these overreactions every blimmin game.  Yes today was frustrating at the end. But good grief who in their right mind thought we would do any better?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: filham on September 21, 2019, 05:30:03 PM

2 games lost
6 places below play offs
8 places below Ha Has
10 places below top two

Put the 4 goals we scored against Millwall to one side and clearly we have a goal scoring problem and we have yet to play against the best teams,
Agree totally, Parker needs to change his tactics as they are clearly not working! Think you mean 12th in the table after 8 games, we might be 15th (or worse) after 12 games, who knows?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on September 21, 2019, 06:17:11 PM
Quote from: filham on September 21, 2019, 05:30:03 PM

2 games lost
6 places below play offs
8 places below Ha Has
10 places below top two

Agree totally, Parker needs to change his tactics as they are clearly not working! Think you mean 12th in the table after 8 games, we might be 15th (or worse) after 12 games, who knows?

We do not appear to have the ruthless streak to close a game up, when we are not scoring. The killer instinct is missing. We have not got enough of the right players to save a game, and defend a clean sheet, when we only have a one goal lead. Therefore the system of play has to change, because clearly with all our possession football, we still cannot keep possession when we are defending a lead. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes Davew, thanks for the correction I meant 12th after 8 games but it begs the question where will we be after 12 games. With our present form we a falling down the table and in four games time we could easily be stuck in the bottom half of the table.
I really can't agree that we should always be trying hard to defend a single goal lead, the safer and better approach is surely to be trying to notch the second goal. Promotion is not going to be gained with a goal a game average.

Mince n Tatties

Today's match stats Weds 29% to our 71% possession... Yet they had 17 shots to our 11.
So this possession game isn't working at moment.

Asotosyios

I didn't expect any better either - I was and still am in a "wait and see" mode. Despite the euphoria caused by the summer signings and the "best squad in the league", we still have a very inexperienced manager. At the moment we have some very good pieces, but the team is still a work in progress. I like possession football, but think we are missing urgency in our game - lots of possession is due to passing the ball around on our own half.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 21, 2019, 07:11:15 PM
Today's match stats Weds 29% to our 71% possession... Yet they had 17 shots to our 11.
So this possession game isn't working at moment.
That is right it is goals that count and you score goals by making strikes not by possession , particularly possession in your own half.

Luka

This has been discussed in various guises on numerous posts to date.
Non incisive tippy tappy sideways possession football is as riveting to go see as watching concrete set without it resulting in goals.
The Clocks ticking for Parker, and he needs to find something to freshen this up and start clocking up our goal count.
As it stands, our opposition know what to expect and are dealing with us.

YankeeJim

Since our possession games seems to work so well, why not stick with it rather than bring on a defender and hunker down? If we are pinging the ball about they can't very readily score.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Instead of playing Tiki Taka, we are playing Tiki Tiki

Woolly Mammoth

Some of us may not be that happy. However, Spare a thought for Watford fans. For a professional Premier team to concede 8 goals in 90+ minutes is rare, that's a goal around about every 9 minutes give or take, taking into consideration time taken to kick off, ball out of play for goal kicks and throw ins. Where was the defensive organisation before they found themselves 4 0 down very quickly, and where was the defensive organisation when they failed to keep out another 4 goals. Also taking into account City probably eased off a little as well.
You could put 11 dustbins on the pitch and concede less if the dustbins are strategically placed.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 21, 2019, 06:13:16 PM
I didn't expect better and think we have started well.  I am more frustrated today with another last minute goal but up to then we played a good away game. We frustrated them, got a goal and had to withstand one of the best high ball games in the Championship and did well for most of the game. Betts did well and the defense was ok. We tried to mix it up with ten minutes to go and frankly it looked to be working. So I think it is a gross over simplification and exaggeration to say we all expected better. What right did any fan think that. The hardest league in the Country to get out off other than staying up in the Prem.

Sorry I am totally bemused by these overreactions every blimmin game.  Yes today was frustrating at the end. But good grief who in their right mind thought we would do any better?

I concur. It's September. It's an unbelievably long season. I see lots of positives. Loanees are getting worked into a team. It'll come.

Fulham 442

This has been discussed in various guises on numerous posts to date.
Non incisive tippy tappy sideways possession football is as riveting to go see as watching concrete set without it resulting in goals.
The Clocks ticking for Parker, and he needs to find something to freshen this up and start clocking up our goal count.
As it stands, our opposition know what to expect and are dealing with us.

Spot on

MikeW

In this League even the poorer sides know how to set themselves against us.  It's so predictable.  And frankly very easy to defend because there is very little forward momentum.  A little dink forward to an attacker running into an overcrowded channel or ping it back to the keeper?

You know the rest.

Scott badly needs to wise up.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Spirit of 2000

Its not good. I genuinely believe that pressure will build on Parker if we dont beat Wigan. 71% possession creating very little and ceding more chances/shots to a side on 29%. Its not getting better by the game. We've now dropped 9 points in the last 4 games. To me its not about having 38 games left, playing this slow, toothless style will not get us promoted and I see no signs of us tweaking it to better effect. The owners expect promotion this season and have provided Parker with the tools in the shape of the most talented squad in the division. I dont expect him to be given too much time, certainly not until Xmas unless results quickly improve

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: MikeW on September 21, 2019, 08:17:00 PM
In this League even the poorer sides know how to set themselves against us.  It's so predictable.  And frankly very easy to defend because there is very little forward momentum.  A little dink forward to an attacker running into an overcrowded channel or ping it back to the keeper?

You know the rest.

Scott badly needs to wise up.

Exactly this