watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too Slow and Predictable

Started by Worcesterwhite, September 21, 2019, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

We are too slow and predictable, with all our possession Sheffield weds had more chances, this talented team should be doing so much better, they need to be let off the lead and attack! 

filham

Well, the tactics are clearly not producing goals, It looks as if opposing defences know exactly what to expect and have time to organise themselves to stop  ensure we are limited to the odd chance here and there.

Spirit of 2000

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

davew

Something radically wrong, Parker must take the blame, I think he is living in cuckoo land if he thinks that all this possession football with virtually no end result will get us into the play offs, I think finishing in the bottom 6 is more likely. We can´t blame Khan or the transfer window this time!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

I was too slow in Newmarket High St this morning, £20 note on the pavement, but let a little ankle biter beat me too it.😫

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 21, 2019, 06:25:42 PM
I was too slow in Newmarket High St this morning, £20 note on the pavement, but let a little ankle biter beat me too it.😫
Does he play football, if so we should sign him?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

The possession football is all very well, until we need to keep possession to defend a one goal lead, but we end up unable to keep possession because we lose our composure, because instead of carrying on keeping possession going forward, we sit back and invite them on and try and defend what we have, but we are not physically good enough to do that, so we end up losing our shape, because we suddenly forget where our  strengths lie, and stop going forward as often, but the tempo is too slow and it allows opponents to have time to get back behind the ball. Which leaves us tippy tapping from left to right and right to left, looking for an opening, and it's meat and drink to opposing defenders. They just wait for one of our passes to go astray and hit us quickly with a couple of passes, and suddenly the ball is back up our end from nothing. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

its like the Wilkins days lots of nice passing but no cutting edge some times, it like we are frightened to make a pass unless it 95% on,

TC's Sporran

a slow increase in tempo will come i'm sure as the players get to know each other

and surely scott can see it needs speeding up

MikeW

From the BBC:

"Today, in the dying stages, you are trying to hang on to something, to get three points and get things rolling. But it's not been the case."

Really Scott?: With 71% possession?.  I think not.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Ordar

No good having possession of you don't do anything with it.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Ordar on September 21, 2019, 08:48:12 PM
No good having possession of you don't do anything with it.

It keeps us from having to defend more, which is good. But the lack of real chances we have created through eight matches is alarming. A couple early worldies masked the lack the consistent danger, and now we're seeing it more clearly. This team should be scoring more than once a match in this league, but we haven't managed that since Millwall.

Mince n Tatties

What you needed in injury time when they scored is a bit of old fashioned play from the centre backs,kick the bleedin ball into the stands,they can't score from there.

ron

It's the fact that the central belief within the coaching at the club is that possession is an end in itself. It just isn't. It should only be a means of setting up incisive attacks with a sudden change of pace, and that is so lacking in our game.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ron on September 22, 2019, 07:41:03 AM
It's the fact that the central belief within the coaching at the club is that possession is an end in itself. It just isn't. It should only be a means of setting up incisive attacks with a sudden change of pace, and that is so lacking in our game.

So now it is a fact that possession is an end in itself within the coaching at the club. That's a new level of insight. Care to elaborate on how you came about this information, because surely if it's a fact you have not just made it up.

toshes mate

IMO it wasn't the style of play that cost us yesterday - it was the the initial line up and formation, and then the substitutions later on that once again have cost us.  Reed is great in midfield but Reid has for me been disappointing.  I'd prefer to see him being tried out ahead of Bryan as a selection or sub for Cavaleiro who sometimes seems to be lost.  I don't think either flank is quite right at the moment and so the whole balance is a bit hit and miss, plenty of pace but not a lot of method as to how it is used.  Parker needs to experiment and perhaps, on Friday, he will.   

ron

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 22, 2019, 08:44:00 AM

So now it is a fact that possession is an end in itself within the coaching at the club. That's a new level of insight. Care to elaborate on how you came about this information, because surely if it's a fact you have not just made it up.

No,not really....except to say that continually having 70% possession and drawing and losing games confirms to me that the ethos is "keep possession, and everything will turn out alright...."
...but that's just my level of insight......

DevonFFC

The front three have not clicked. Mitro gets very little per game and when he does it is not in the box. It is almost like we have adopted Liverpool tactics where the two wide men (Salah/mane) are the guys who are chasing the goals and Mitro is there to act as a hold up/link man. This is great but if those two cannot score then we got issues. The midfield is too narrow and doesn't dominate the ball, it doesn't really do a lot in terms of acting as the attacking catalyst or protecting the back four. The defence play this passing game which is great but as soon as we get pressed mistakes happen and we ultimately end up conceding.

The balance of the team is not quite there yet, it almost needs either a slight formation tweak and maybe on of the two wide men taking a place in the bench to give Mitro a strike partner. I'd like to see Reid ply off Mitro up top and let them have a go up top together.

Bryan is good at going forward and has the speed and brain to get back, Sess on the right is not there yet and hoping a few more games he will develop this with some coaching as we will continue to get caught short.

Twig

"It's the fact....." So no point in discussing any further then.