https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too Slow and Predictable

Started by Worcesterwhite, September 21, 2019, 05:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: Twig on September 22, 2019, 12:34:44 PM
Quote from: ron on September 22, 2019, 07:41:03 AM
It's the fact that the central belief within the coaching at the club is that possession is an end in itself. It just isn't. It should only be a means of setting up incisive attacks with a sudden change of pace, and that is so lacking in our game.

"It's the fact....." So no point in discussing any further then.

Perhaps I should have used "It seems that...."
.....but my previous answer above still holds good though Twig.

David Allen Crankshaw

Personally I'm not a fan of inverted wingers. I prefer a left-footed player on the left flank and a right-footed player on the right. We too often have players trying to cut into the area rather than crossing the ball. I'm sure this would benefit Mitro.

Worcesterwhite

After watching closely yesterday one of our biggest problems is Steven Sess not getting forward down the wing, instead he is stepping into central midfield to contribute to our possession game thus us giving up our threat of doubling up on their full backs and playing to mitro's strength and getting crosses in the box

ffcne

Our strength under Jokanovic was pushing the full backs far up the pitch
but hugging the touchlines.This draws opposition out making more space.
At the moment not moving opposition defence out of position

Whitesideup

Playing with the ball is preferable to playing without it. But it is not quite working at the moment as the results suggest. With two wingers both out very wide we are effectively playing with a man down, and consequently we are leaving Mitrovic isolated in the middle.

We do need to find more variety and that will come with added risk (to possession).  But at the moment I don't see that happening. Maybe switching the wings of Cav and Knockaert from time to time would help, but in itself not a solution. Maybe Bobby for Cav, Knockaert closer to Mitro and the full-backs getting forward more, with Arter and Reed in the middle offering defensive cover for when they get caught up field. Some kind of plan B is required though.