watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As it stands

Started by grandad, September 28, 2019, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Oh so tight from 1st to us in 10th. Only 4 points between.
Any team that can put a winning streak together could race away.
It could be us. We have done it before.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

I'll drink to that (in about 2 hours from now).

I'm also hoping the strength in depth of our squad will come into play soon.

Texas White

We are just getting started. A long way to go yet.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: grandad on September 28, 2019, 04:58:41 PM

And Fulham haven't even had good form yet.    The "great" front line that we have hasn't started to jell as a unit yet.   Wait until they come good, or until Scott figures out better ways to use them.   

I'm not worried about making the playoffs...and I don't think anyone in the league will beat Fulham home and away in a playoff series.

SP

The Charlton forum describes Leeds as 'all fur coat & no knickers' - let's hope they're right.

Fulham 442

The Charlton forum describes Leeds as 'all fur coat & no knickers' - let's hope they're right.
😂

Fulham 442

Here's hoping they don't say the same about us next week!!

ALG01

We are looking way better than i anticipated. The defence is relatively secure although i would like more depth and either mawsom to be more dominat or an alternative.

I do think the forward line has not yet caught light as it will but TC playing deeper makes the show pulsate with energy.

Reading will be a good test, three points a minimum here as an indicator if we really have top two credentials.

SP

From my visit to the CAFC forum, it appears Taylor, their star striker is injured. They expect him to leave in the next window.  The bookies fancy us against Reading & Charlton. Hopefully, momentum is starting to build.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 28, 2019, 05:36:20 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 28, 2019, 04:58:41 PM

And Fulham haven't even had good form yet.    The "great" front line that we have hasn't started to jell as a unit yet.   Wait until they come good, or until Scott figures out better ways to use them.   

I'm not worried about making the playoffs...and I don't think anyone in the league will beat Fulham home and away in a playoff series.

The players fighting for selection in this team have played well H.Reed, T.Ream, Stefjo and S.Sess. It's our bigger names and proven performers in previous seasons that need improve a bit Betts, Mawson, Arter, Reid, Mitro and Cav, which seems likely.

Statto

Worth noting we're still second favourites for promotion, after Leeds. Charlton, despite being above us and beating Leeds yesterday, are still 25/1 to go up and expected to finish in the bottom half. It's still early days.

filham

Quote from: SP on September 28, 2019, 09:07:49 PM
But "winter draws on"

bill taylors apprentice

Despite the angst over our performances during most of the first 9 games we are actually only 3 points away from the automatic promotion positions
I'm trying to convince myself that better game management would have seen us in the top 2 already and that will come as the team grows.

filham

Now 4 points behind the leaders and 2 points from a top six place.
We must be targeting 3 points from the Reading match which could set us up for a big six pointer on Saturday.

We need to improve the killer instinct in attack, Knock . and Cavy not firing on all cylinders but Reed in midfield is a real boost.