watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just watched the 90 minutes

Started by Fernhurst, September 28, 2019, 10:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Really surprised how well Stefjo played, how the confidence is beginning flow through S Sess and how out of form Mitro is.

The chances Mitro was presented with would have been gobbled up when he joined us. Really hopping he bounces back soon.
Stefjo coming back into the side was quite a bold move by Scott. Proved to be very successful.
Until he began tire, Steven's best game , keep calm and carry on.

None of the above seemed to be reflected in the commentary??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

..FOF..

Yes, have stated a few times that there should be an out and out striker on the bench to keep Mitro on his toes.

I guessed baby steps in improving the team is the strategy to balance it with keeping morale up too.

Parker seems to be on his way in making our defence and the whole tactic in general better....

Hopefully the next experiment will be in attacking because based on a couple of match's stats, a lot can be improved there to make us as the first spot contender.

The Rational Fan

It would be really great for Fulham if Mitrovoic misses out of international selection, because the guy needs a break.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 29, 2019, 09:54:30 AM
It would be really great for Fulham if Mitrovoic misses out of international selection, because the guy needs a break.

Unfortunately he will not miss out unless injured, so not really sure what this comment is supposed to mean? Because he's surely one of the very first names on Serbia's teamsheet.

PartizanFC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 29, 2019, 09:54:30 AM

He need also better service..Yes,he played every minute from the start of competition..but he is strong as bull..yes,he missed few good opportunities at friday but it happen somethimes...but also our wingers still dont use his best weapons...crosses are very poor and that is replying every week...also solutions in quanter attacks are somethimes selfish...Bryan shoot every time if he come 30m from the goal...no matter if Mitro or others are in better positions...
Game vs Wigan was nice,second half great,but that things will not pass against strongest squads

Its just my oppinion..i dont want to ruin good week after long wait victory.Cheers

JoelH5

Mitro had two sitters which in my opinion is actually a benefit as we could have finished 4-0 up. He's been immense and even when he's not scoring he is a massive focal point for us and causes defences worry.

For me, the MASSIVE positive was that as soon as we scored, we had even more energy. Usually teams score then naturally go on the back foot. That's been a massive issue for us. If we can continue to push on when we score, I think we will do very well this season.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

mrmicawbers

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 29, 2019, 11:30:43 AM
Mitro had two sitters which in my opinion is actually a benefit as we could have finished 4-0 up. He's been immense and even when he's not scoring he is a massive focal point for us and causes defences worry.

For me, the MASSIVE positive was that as soon as we scored, we had even more energy. Usually teams score then naturally go on the back foot. That's been a massive issue for us. If we can continue to push on when we score, I think we will do very well this season.
Yep being saying it all season.Good post

toshes mate

Concur with comments on Johansen, who I thought played as well as I have seen him at a peak in the past.  Disagree slightly about S.Sessegnon in that he is prone to getting seemingly caught in two minds since the incident at Cardiff and I just wish someone could restore his mental balance because he has all the makings of a really good player.   Disagree strongly about Mitrovic as he could have had a hat trick on another day, and was always a thorn in Wigan's side, and he never stops.  I think he loves his football for FFC or Serbia.  He'll come good one of these games and his subtle touches start to go into the net instead of over. 

I think much of the frustration in the Wigan game was caused by a very inconsistent referee who mistakenly booked Reed, and took no action when Dunkley and Williams could and should have been red carded.  In a better handled game it would have been a much clearer outcome for FFC, IMO.  However, I do know that asking for decent referees in most football these days is like asking for the second coming.   Overall we are improving - every game - in very key areas, again in my opinion.   

grandad

My poor old laptop keeps freezing at 60 minutes. Tried everything but no can do.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sarnian

Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2019, 11:37:31 AM
Concur with comments on Johansen, who I thought played as well as I have seen him at a peak in the past.  Disagree slightly about S.Sessegnon in that he is prone to getting seemingly caught in two minds since the incident at Cardiff and I just wish someone could restore his mental balance because he has all the makings of a really good player.   Disagree strongly about Mitrovic as he could have had a hat trick on another day, and was always a thorn in Wigan's side, and he never stops.  I think he loves his football for FFC or Serbia.  He'll come good one of these games and his subtle touches start to go into the net instead of over. 

I think much of the frustration in the Wigan game was caused by a very inconsistent referee who mistakenly booked Reed, and took no action when Dunkley and Williams could and should have been red carded.  In a better handled game it would have been a much clearer outcome for FFC, IMO.  However, I do know that asking for decent referees in most football these days is like asking for the second coming.   Overall we are improving - every game - in very key areas, again in my opinion.   

Reed was not mistakenly booked. He was very very lucky not to be sent off. Raised his hands and knocked opposing player over.

toshes mate

Quote from: sarnian on September 29, 2019, 01:15:19 PM
Reed was not mistakenly booked. He was very very lucky not to be sent off. Raised his hands and knocked opposing player over.
The replay shows Reed doing to Dunkley what Dunkley did to Bettinelli.  Either both are shown yellows and Dunkley goes to the dressing room, or neither goes.  That is what I judge to be inconsistency which was followed by three Wigan players clattering Bettinelli a bit later on, again not managed by the referee at all.

Southcoastffc

When?   He had 3 chances, 2 in the first half (great balls in from Stef and Knockhaert) which would have been great goals had his touches not gone straight to the keeper and a straightforwardish header in the 2nd but I didn't see any sitters.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fcfulham55

Mitro will be fine, and top scorer of the championship by a margin.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Fernhurst

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 29, 2019, 04:50:35 PM

Agreed, however, from Friday's performance it would appear he could do with rest.
Love to wrap him up in cotton wool, but we just can't.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fcfulham55

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 29, 2019, 05:06:07 PM

Agreed, however, from Friday's performance it would appear he could do with rest.

I know,
So when we're 3 up at HT against reading Tuesday he can come off and get some rest then.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Ronnief

When were 3 up at half time keep him on so we can score 6.
049:gif

Spirit of 2000

Stef Jo and Cairney should always be in that midfield with Arter and Reed fighting it out for the final place

Carborundum

This.  The point in the second half where, on the edge of the box, he held off the centre back for just as long as he pleased made me very happy.  He's a nightmare to mark and sucks players in.  He could have had two or three and when that's the case there isn't really a lot wrong and much has to be going right.  A very few weeks ago he'd scored five in five.  Suspect Mitro will be back on fire sooner rather than later.

SuffolkWhite

I thought the tempo was quicker and the passing and crossing better.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fcfulham55

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 29, 2019, 05:32:36 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 29, 2019, 05:06:07 PM

I know,
So when we're 3 up at HT against reading Tuesday he can come off and get some rest then.

Me so good?
Sent from my Nokia 3310