watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Current FFC Premier League Players

Started by BKLondon, September 29, 2019, 12:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJB

I agree, he was instrumental in our promotion campaign, but in terms of his attributes as a left-back, I regard Targett and Bryan as being very similar in quality, both in attack and defence. Bryan just happened to be better value at the time.

Twig

Quote from: GJB on September 29, 2019, 07:47:06 PM
I agree, he was instrumental in our promotion campaign, but in terms of his attributes as a left-back, I regard Targett and Bryan as being very similar in quality, both in attack and defence. Bryan just happened to be better value at the time.

But we desperately need a corner taker and it's true that Targett could put in a decent delivery.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on September 30, 2019, 06:37:39 PM
Quote from: GJB on September 29, 2019, 07:47:06 PM

But we desperately need a corner taker and it's true that Targett could put in a decent delivery.
To be fair to Bryan his corners against Wigan were pretty useful.  However, I do feel Bryan and Targett have different styles and I would have liked to have them both at the Cottage with Targett playing ahead of Bryan or vice versa.  Could have been a nice pairing option last season too.  Joe has improved this time around and I feel there is more to come.

Jim©

I always felt that Targett was pretty lucky to get into that side as we were desperate for a LB. He couldn't really tackle, was fairly slow, dreadful in the air (think we conceded 3 or 4 back post headers in the last few games of the season) and physically weak. When I saw the rumoured amounts for him when we were bidding, I thought the world had gone mad.
I much prefer Bryan and I'm not just saying this as Targett didn't sign for us, I said the same about him at the time.