watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoke away transport

Started by flyingfish, September 29, 2019, 09:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

Does anyone have any idea how to get back to the train station following the match?I guess the shuttle buses are mobbed. Are taxis an option?

Alternatively anyone have any experience driving/parking at /near the stadium? Heard it can be hard getting away.

Whitestone

Parking is no problem. It's an out of town ground with lots of pay parking on industrial units. Pets at home on Stanley Mathews Way is easy walking distance and in sight of the ground.

flyingfish

Wingnut

Went there the year we were relegated from the PL and there were buses from the away enclosure right to the door of the train station. Buses were waiting for us at the end of the game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

flyingfish

Quote from: Wingnut on October 01, 2019, 11:50:33 AM
Went there the year we were relegated from the PL and there were buses from the away enclosure right to the door of the train station. Buses were waiting for us at the end of the game.
Thanks. Decided to go by train and booked on 1850 from stoke as it was cheaper, shorter journey and got 1st class. BUT then discovered that there is absolutely nothing to do in stoke in the meantime.  It's completely barren. Not even a McDonalds or fish and chip shop or even a frankie and Benny's on any of the retail parks nearby. No nice city centre buildings to look at even. Any idea what I might do with my kid while killing time until departure?

RaySmith

Also up there the year were relegated, and remember there was a hotel with a bar you could use opposite the station, and a pub serving away fans  right near the ground - probably food available in  both places.

Don't know if this is any help.