watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TfL jobsworths at it again

Started by Neil D, October 02, 2019, 09:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

TfL Jobsworth #1:  Fulham at home this weekend?
TfL Jobsworth #2: Yep.  London derby too.
TfL Jobsworth #1: Even better.  Let's shut down the District Line then and stick it to even more fans.

hovewhite

SuffolkWhite

Great, a long walk from Hammersmith then! and tight time lines now to get back to Liverpool St
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Neil D

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 02, 2019, 12:58:03 PM
Great, a long walk from Hammersmith then! and tight time lines now to get back to Liverpool St
You could try the 220 bus from Hammersmith bus station.   That's what I'll have to do.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Neil D on October 02, 2019, 01:54:39 PM
You could try the 220 bus from Hammersmith bus station.   That's what I'll have to do.

:54:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Westlondonffc

You could also get the 74 from Earls Court. Probably take about 15 minutes

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on October 02, 2019, 01:54:39 PM
doesnt help with getting home though, as not one bus ever passes me as I walk back to hammersmith after the game due to traffic
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

Since when have the public ever mattered when it comes to public transport

KeenCottager

I read somewhere that Putney (National Rail) was not in action as well on Saturday.

Can anyone confirm?

deadcowboys

Quote from: Neil D on October 02, 2019, 09:10:27 AM
TfL Jobsworth #1: Even better.  Let's shut down the District Line then and stick it to even more fans.

Think you will find these closures were decided at least 6 months in advance & often much longer. So if anything the blame lies with those organising the fixtures or the club for not pushing for a change of date.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: KeenCottager on October 03, 2019, 12:34:30 PM
I read somewhere that Putney (National Rail) was not in action as well on Saturday.

Can anyone confirm?
Nothing to indicate that on National Rail enquiries.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

stokesy

what is the best way to get to the game Saturday from Marylebone  I usually drive but decided to use train this weekend

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Neil D on October 02, 2019, 09:10:27 AM

Fyi https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/planned-track-closures
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: stokesy on October 03, 2019, 06:43:18 PM
what is the best way to get to the game Saturday from Marylebone  I usually drive but decided to use train this weekend

It's a five minute walk to Baker street from Marylebone, then the Hammersmith and City line to Hammersmith and then a walk from there.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

stokesy

filham

The District line has a reputation that it seems determined to maintain.

Neil D

Quote from: deadcowboys on October 03, 2019, 05:11:24 PM

Think you will find these closures were decided at least 6 months in advance & often much longer. So if anything the blame lies with those organising the fixtures or the club for not pushing for a change of date.

In that case, EFL jobsworths are to blame.  Either way, we get stitched up.

TonyM

I am coming from North Hampshire

Usual route - No trains between Basingstoke and Woking. Replacement buses in operation
Plan B - train to Paddington via Reading. No district line to Putney Bridge (although I could get Hammersmith and City line to Hammersmith)
Plan C - train to Reading, then Reading to Putney via Richmond/Staines, no trains between Ascot and Hounslow, replacement buses in operation

Whatever journey I choose it will probably be about an hour longer than usual   :016:

Dodgin

I am using Putney BR for the first time, website says Lift out of action, nothing about plans tomorrow

Dodgin

Another point does District have engineering works when Chelsea are at home. Just a thought.