Main Menu

Another non 3.00 pm kick off.

Started by Southdowns White, October 03, 2019, 11:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man Jenkins

More game movements!

Two Games Televised
Friday 4 October 2019 15:00
Two of Fulham's fixtures next month have been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports, and will each be played a day earlier than initially scheduled.

First off, local rivals Queens Park Rangers will now visit Craven Cottage on Friday 22nd November, before we head to Wales a week later to face current table toppers Swansea City on Friday 29th November (both 7.45pm).

copthornemike

Quote from: sarnian on October 03, 2019, 08:25:11 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 03, 2019, 12:04:06 PM
I have moaned before that the whole tv thing mucks up getting the cheaper trains to, eventually I will be priced out of coming as much as I would like.

£46.00 train ticket plus tube, bight to eat, one pint (if that's possible!!!) so by the end of it £60 for the day on top of the season ticket say £20 per game Total £80 all in. Even if you do just ten games that's £800.

And then they move all the fixtures about  :012:

That's cheap. For a 3 o'clock game we leave home at 9am to fly to Gatwick and fly back at 7.40 getting home at 9pm. It costs about £300 for the 2 of us plus season ticket costs. Evening games or 5.30 kick off means an overnight hotel and meals. Cost us anything between £8k to £10k per season.

Saying that I wouldn't change things for the world and that's why I still work at 74.😤 :clap_hands:
All I can say is well done to all of you who travel far and wide to support the FFC - shame clubs and TV companies could offer something to partially offset travel costs for televised matches, particularly if being shown at inconvenient times

Berserker

oh poo I never noticed tomorrow time change. I am working until 11 pm and was thinking I could get from Swindon to Fulham for 3 pm, now I won't be able to go

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MisfitKid

And having to get up at 4:30 am to see a match...   :016:  093.gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

HV71

Really hacked off - have missed all the games so far this season following surgery ( though at least my son and his mates have used our season tickets ) but booked our flights returning from holiday in Patagonia to get back for the QPR game - now its all gone to pot . Drives you bonkers !!!

Logicalman

Quote from: sarnian on October 03, 2019, 08:25:11 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 03, 2019, 12:04:06 PM
I have moaned before that the whole tv thing mucks up getting the cheaper trains to, eventually I will be priced out of coming as much as I would like.

£46.00 train ticket plus tube, bight to eat, one pint (if that's possible!!!) so by the end of it £60 for the day on top of the season ticket say £20 per game Total £80 all in. Even if you do just ten games that's £800.

And then they move all the fixtures about  :012:

That's cheap. For a 3 o'clock game we leave home at 9am to fly to Gatwick and fly back at 7.40 getting home at 9pm. It costs about £300 for the 2 of us plus season ticket costs. Evening games or 5.30 kick off means an overnight hotel and meals. Cost us anything between £8k to £10k per season.

Saying that I wouldn't change things for the world and that's why I still work at 74.😤 :clap_hands:

Yup 2.5 - 3K per visit for us as well - that's why we get two games in per visit where we can - I guess that's why I'll still be working into my 70's as well, some call it a luxury, the rest of us call it a life-long passion!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.