watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another non 3.00 pm kick off.

Started by Southdowns White, October 03, 2019, 11:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Our last Saturday home game kicking off at 3.00 pm was on 24th August and our next is on the 2nd Nov. It may work for some people but personally I find it a complete pain. I am happy with the way we are playing though so please don't accuse me of looking for negativity.

Mince n Tatties

Does my head in for travelling down from Suffolk.
I'm one of the old school 3pm Sat afternoon is football time.

toshes mate

Share the opinion that football was, somehow, a lot better when all weekend games kicked off on Saturday at 3pm (or 2.15pm - oh, how I can remember those deep winter kick off times before the floodlight era).  Sadly for as long as the bulk of football revenue is in the hands of media moguls we are stuck with a regime who cannot give a damn about the lives of live supporters attending games.

KJS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 03, 2019, 11:21:41 AM

Same here I travel from South Coast every home game and I am finding it a realbind

Mince n Tatties

The 3pm Kick off was originated for the many
working men years ago who had to work Sat Mornings.

Southdowns White

Quote from: KJS on October 03, 2019, 11:29:45 AM

Same here I travel from South Coast every home game and I am finding it a realbind
I live on the south downs 10 miles west of Brighton, Basically your days gone leaving at 9.15 -30 and returning at 4.30 I miss either of my two teenage kids playing sport and need to arrange transport for at least one of them to get there especially if it's an away game. This has got to be the longest period without a home Saturday 3.00 pm kick off for us.

SuffolkWhite

I have moaned before that the whole tv thing mucks up getting the cheaper trains to, eventually I will be priced out of coming as much as I would like.

£46.00 train ticket plus tube, bight to eat, one pint (if that's possible!!!) so by the end of it £60 for the day on top of the season ticket say £20 per game Total £80 all in. Even if you do just ten games that's £800.

And then they move all the fixtures about  :012:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ALG01

I agree this is crazy. One big advantage of the chapionship,I thought was 3pm saturday, apparently not.

David Allen Crankshaw

Travelling down from Manchester means leaving home quite early to get to the centre of Manchester to catch the train to London which isn't ideal. It's bad enough all the extra mid-week fixtures which require an overnight stay in London.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Southdowns White on October 03, 2019, 11:36:15 AM

I live on the south downs 10 miles west of Brighton, Basically your days gone leaving at 9.15 -30 and returning at 4.30 I miss either of my two teenage kids playing sport and need to arrange transport for at least one of them to get there especially if it's an away game. This has got to be the longest period without a home Saturday 3.00 pm kick off for us.

Stay at home and watch it on Sky
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sarnian

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 03, 2019, 12:04:06 PM
I have moaned before that the whole tv thing mucks up getting the cheaper trains to, eventually I will be priced out of coming as much as I would like.

£46.00 train ticket plus tube, bight to eat, one pint (if that's possible!!!) so by the end of it £60 for the day on top of the season ticket say £20 per game Total £80 all in. Even if you do just ten games that's £800.

And then they move all the fixtures about  :012:

That's cheap. For a 3 o'clock game we leave home at 9am to fly to Gatwick and fly back at 7.40 getting home at 9pm. It costs about £300 for the 2 of us plus season ticket costs. Evening games or 5.30 kick off means an overnight hotel and meals. Cost us anything between £8k to £10k per season.

Saying that I wouldn't change things for the world and that's why I still work at 74.😤 :clap_hands:

bog

I think it an annoying pain in the arse.  :031: :031: :031: :031: 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. The money men have ruined the game for true fans

092.gif

KJS

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 03, 2019, 07:46:22 PM
Quote from: Southdowns White on October 03, 2019, 11:36:15 AM

Stay at home and watch it on Sky

Why would I do that when I have a season ticket :doh: I may well do when I give it up

Twig

We only live in Ealing. Tube to Hammersmith and pleasant stroll to the ground. BUT 3pm Sat ko's are way better than any other day/time.  Atmosphere os better, other clubs playing at same time, fits in perfectly with a meal and evening out. Hate mid week games or Sat early starts.i

filham

Sky rules, paying fans are just not given any consideration.
No doubt that most of us would plump for Saturday afternoon.

cookieg

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2019, 10:00:13 PM
Sky rules, paying fans are just not given any consideration.
No doubt that most of us would plump for Saturday afternoon.

I'm sure Sky find the fans a pain in the arse and would do away with them altogether if they could.

Jim©

Quote from: sarnian on October 03, 2019, 08:25:11 PM

That's cheap. For a 3 o'clock game we leave home at 9am to fly to Gatwick and fly back at 7.40 getting home at 9pm. It costs about £300 for the 2 of us plus season ticket costs. Evening games or 5.30 kick off means an overnight hotel and meals. Cost us anything between £8k to £10k per season.

Saying that I wouldn't change things for the world and that's why I still work at 74.😤 :clap_hands:

Wow, fair play to you both, and I thought I was making an effort heading up from S Devon!

Pieter A’dam

hate it ! I live in SW11 and have Season tickets with my son, but he is playing himself in the morning, Just can get there in time. Also don't understand how SKY selects the TV fixtures ? is for example tomorrow Millwall-Leeds not more interesting for the neutral viewer ?

HamsterWheel

Ages since a 0-0 so TV likes The Cottage.

jarv

Interesting read. My plan next year was to have an extended stay in UK to follow Fulham around, September to November. (I live in USA). Given the obstacles in the way, lousy train services, prices and cancellations, traffic jams, need for hotels because I can't get home (to Winchester) late at night, etc.  I think my pleasant dream will turn into a nightmare.  I will think on a bit more before I embark on this. It might be better value for me to go on a 2 month golf tour.

For all of you being inconvenienced I feel for you.