watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rest of the Championship

Started by Tabby, October 05, 2019, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Looking pretty good so far, Leeds have gotten a red card and are a goal down against Millwall and Swansea are drawing against Stoke. West Brom and Preston winning though.

Tabby

Leeds 2-0 down at half time, Swansea still drawing. Looks like nobody is breaking free of the pack as of now.

Maybe those Millwall fans were right about Neil Harris.

ScalleysDad

It is an incredibly tight top ten. We could have gone top but we might end up sixth by tea time. We will have to earn our place in this group and not just assume we ought to be in it.

FFC1987

Really frustrating because 3 points in a Home game today and we start to stamp authority on the league. I'm worried about our home form to be honest. We look much more like a 3-6 team than a 1-2 team and that concerns me. Leeds getting a goal back with 10 men....oh well. I don't mind how everyone else is doing but we need to win games and at home against 6-24 teams.

Tabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 04:11:39 PM
Really frustrating because 3 points in a Home game today and we start to stamp authority on the league. I'm worried about our home form to be honest. We look much more like a 3-6 team than a 1-2 team and that concerns me. Leeds getting a goal back with 10 men....oh well. I don't mind how everyone else is doing but we need to win games and at home against 6-24 teams.

I don't think there is any clear contender for first as of yet. It is 4 points between the top 10 teams if the current results stand.

grandad

The 6 points we have thrown away will hurt us come the end of the season. We should be 3 points clear at the top.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Tabby

Leeds and Swansea both losing, only 3 points off the top pairing who are West Brom and Nottingham Forest.

Top 10 within 4 points, the Championship is wide open.

Interesting to note that both Huddersfield and Stoke who have looked pants so far recorded good wins.

Sgt Fulham

filham

We put in a very good second half performance today which is nice to think about over the international break.
There is still hope that we will gradually improve sufficiently to make a promotion challenge.

FFC1987

Back to 7th, gap from top after a home against a team outside of top 6. Not good enough again really. Super frustrating.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 05, 2019, 04:59:08 PM
Guess who plays Stoke next?

Yes they've turned corner,just in time to play us.

terryr

We are 3 points off first with Stoke and Luton up for the next two games
Top 3 after that

ffc73

A draw was a fair result today but I don't want fair. I want us to start nicking those games and getting 3 points. As mentioned above, I fear these dropped points will come back to haunt us. We are looking like playoffs are more likely than automatic.  We need to be aiming and breaking our backs for top 2 & not the lottery games again

aaronmcguigan

I know some think we will eventually pull away and win at a canter, but we haven't beaten a team above 14th in the league. We need to be realistic and accept there are some very difficult matches coming up, and whenever we have faced a good team this season or a team on a good run, West Brom, Forest, Wednesday, Charlton; we still haven't overcome them despite outplaying most of them

MikeTheCubed

Much prefer us going in to the Stoke game with them having finally won a game, as opposed to not having yet won a game. Our record in those scenarios is woeful.

filham

I think Scotty has yet to decide on his best line up and we are a team developing slowly but surely. Just looking forward to the next match and 3 points to put us back in the top six.