watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, October 05, 2019, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Ultimately 3 points separate 1st to 9th. Leeds and Swansea got beaten by struggling teams and we/SP are showing signs of improvement & learning. Much less worried than I was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2019, 06:57:48 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 06:33:20 PM
It's frustrating especially when you see others dropping unlikely games too.

Well other teams "dropping unlikely games" should serve to illustrate that it happens to everyone. Top of the league is currently 22 pts, which is on course for 92pts and pretty much exactly what you'd expect, irrespective of their ostensibly "unlikely" results in some games
I do wonder sometimes how many points people think the favourite or even second favourite should get at end of the season. Maybe it's 132 each and then whatever happens between both of them. Gives the winner.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

As I have said elsewhere I was disappointed with SP's initial team selection and I wasn't surprised at the dire first half which saw some players hopelessly getting out of position at times through lack of discipline.  Reed should have been on from the start and Reid is beginning to show how good he can be when linked in with others properly.  The switching of Cavaleiro and Knockaert should be a constant tactic to annoy defenders.  I thought the second half was a demonstration, at times, of how potent this side can be, but at other times that 'old' naivety reared its head. 

It was, no matter how you try to cover it, two points dropped because of coaching issues.  Parker has limited experience and I think one of the senior (as in experience) coaches needs to have a word in his ear rather than the equally inexperienced sidekick.  Naivety is forgivable once or twice but not when it looks like becomes a habit.

Will this matter at season's end?  Well, we will all know that when May comes.  J hope it won't matter but I won't risk the bravado of saying so right now.  It always matters.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 06, 2019, 07:53:52 AM
Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2019, 06:57:48 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 06:33:20 PM
It's frustrating especially when you see others dropping unlikely games too.

Well other teams "dropping unlikely games" should serve to illustrate that it happens to everyone. Top of the league is currently 22 pts, which is on course for 92pts and pretty much exactly what you'd expect, irrespective of their ostensibly "unlikely" results in some games
I do wonder sometimes how many points people think the favourite or even second favourite should get at end of the season. Maybe it's 132 each and then whatever happens between both of them. Gives the winner.

Ah yes. Some of us being cautious that we've dropped points recently, especially at home, obviously means we thought we'd win every game....Let's just stick to optimist line that dropping points is fine at home against outside of top 6 opposition because we'll no doubt make up the difference in those games we should expect to lose/draw from.

As an FYI, I watched the game again and actually, it really could of gone either way. It was a pretty good performance but we should be putting Charlton at home into 3 points with this team. If we can't agree that, that's the bar for this excellent squad then I guess it really is an agreed to disagree situation.

KingofCheese

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 05:03:15 PM
Can't help but think Parker set us up wrong today. So frustrating because we find ourselves outside of playoffs again after a home game against a team who will likely finish mid table or worse. The point really, is, it's not good enough.

I am with you mate, until Parker, the Khans and their money are gone we won't progress. In fact I think we also need to bulldoze the Cottage, build houses on it and then erase all historical evidence of the club before this shame can stop.

On the other hand we are on an unbeaten run, playing great football and entertaining the crowd. Looks good to me and after the horror show of last year I am enjoying watching the replays!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

FFC1987

Seems like a reasonable response.... :doh:

ALG01

First half not quite correct, second half corrected. What's the problem, parker did what a good manager does.