watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, October 05, 2019, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

IMO, a draw was a fair result. First half we were nowhere near good enough, we kept moving the ball to slowly, were not passing as crisply as we can. I honestly thought was playing for time, when he kept his foot on the ball. Second half completely different story, moved the ball quicker, started passing the ball better. Could have won it when Mitro hit a nice little shot, which their keeper did well to keep out.

Sgt Fulham

Not a bad result, but if automatic promotion is our aspiration then we need teams to be working harder to get a result at the cottage. Charlton played fairly well, but not THAT well.

Tabby

Problem in first half was that Charlton packed the CM, adding Decordova-Reid in there helped open up players to recieve passes in the second half.

filham

I have just got back as well.
Agree , first half we were poor but substitutions and tactical change to 3-4-3 helped enormously and we saw a good Fulham performance.
We hit the crossbar twice and their keeper made some good saves, thought we were unlucky not to win.

FFC1987

Can't help but think Parker set us up wrong today. So frustrating because we find ourselves outside of playoffs again after a home game against a team who will likely finish mid table or worse. The point really, is, it's not good enough.

copthornemike

Well done Charlton for the first half - pressing all over the pitch, inspirational performance from Jonnie Williams (good player) and deserved to go in 1-0 up
Well done Scottie for positive reaction & changing our personnel & formation - aided by strange substitution taking Williams off! Terrific individual performance by Bobby Reid-Cordova. Could have ended up 5-3 were it not for both keepers.
Disappointed not to have taken 3 points but then again Leeds & Swansea ended up with nothing versus teams at the wrong end of the Championship
Overall a good competitive game

terryr

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 05:03:15 PM
Can't help but think Parker set us up wrong today. So frustrating because we find ourselves outside of playoffs again after a home game against a team who will likely finish mid table or worse. The point really, is, it's not good enough.
We are only three points off 1st with the next two games against Stoke (24th) & Luton Town (18th).
I'd safely say we will be top three after the next  two games

Peabody

You do realise, that there are no easy games in this league? You only have to look at Millwall and Leeds today.

FFC1987

I do but we're dropping points quite frequently especially at home it's it's a bit worrying

Peabody

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 05:32:01 PM
I do but we're dropping points quite frequently especially at home it's it's a bit worrying

Pointswise, wwe are ahead of were we where when we ended up in thee play-offs

SuffolkWhite

Soon as I saw they had 5 in midfield I said we needed 4 in midfield! But then what do I know.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

Yeh but we've mentioned this before, that was with a ridiculously amazing run that i don't Think we will emulate so points earlier is needed. We go into next two games and pick up 6 points then we're fine obviously but it's a tough league as you say.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 05:16:30 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2019, 05:06:20 PM
Zzzzzzz

Not really sure what I said that's boring to be honest. Parker made the changes I'd of likely started with and we looked better so fair play to him for that but everything else I said is pretty straight forward.
Why would you have set up the way that Parker finally did instead of going the route he did? Because of how Charlton set up in their previous game? Because 3-4-3 is the only successful formation we've played? Please expound on why you would have done better than Scott.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

love4ffc

Quote from: TerryR on October 05, 2019, 05:13:18 PM
We are only three points off 1st with the next two games against Stoke (24th) & Luton Town (18th).
I'd safely say we will be top three after the next  two games
Stoke just beat Swansea 2-1 knocking Swansea down a couple notches in the standings.  As with all things in this league, never count your chickens before they hatch.  Now with that said, I agree and I think that both fixtures are winnable which could and should put us back in the top 5. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hovewhite

Can't see why people are moaning ,we all know that every games a battle also we are a big scalp to take points off.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 05:32:01 PM

Why is it worrying?
Will our rivals win every home game this season?
Sorry but today we played a decent team that was bang up for it, and we should have had a penalty, hit the woodwork twice and Reid missed a chance his granny would have scored. No shame in drawing like that.
No team ever, no matter how great, has won all 23 games in a Championship season.
And I hate to break it to you but even if we win the league, we will still drop plenty more points, including at home

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 05:16:30 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 05, 2019, 05:06:20 PM
Zzzzzzz

Not really sure what I said that's boring to be honest. Parker made the changes I'd of likely started with and we looked better so fair play to him for that but everything else I said is pretty straight forward.

You would have started in a 3-4-3 formation? The hell you would. GTFO.

FFC1987

We just came off the back of a good result against Reading, unless injuries forced it, I'd of kept it mostly the same. That's not my saying 'I'd of done better than Parker' that's just my preference. The fact he made changes similar to how I thought we'd of started, I don't think injuries forced it. I'm surprised that seems controversial after the result/changes back it up. We looked much better after it.

We will indeed drop more points but I'd be more expectant of dropping points to teams in top 10 than too many from the middle to lower range especially at home due to the fixture trade of points. As I said, next two games, we pick up 6 points then that's fine. But it's hardly throwing shade when you suggest we dropped a few too many games we should of won. It's frustrating especially when you see others dropping unlikely games too.

Oh well. Onto the next. Onwards and upwards.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 05, 2019, 06:33:20 PM
It's frustrating especially when you see others dropping unlikely games too.

Well other teams "dropping unlikely games" should serve to illustrate that it happens to everyone. Top of the league is currently 22 pts, which is on course for 92pts and pretty much exactly what you'd expect, irrespective of their ostensibly "unlikely" results in some games

RaySmith

Great attitude and performance to  come  back twice from being behind with two great goals, and we should have gone on to win  it with the chances we created.

You have to give  credit to Charlton for their tactics and application in the first half, too.

Some on here seem to think we  just need to turn up to win games, when in fact every game is a  hard fought battle against tough, quality sides, and  see the negative in everything  the team does, and fail to applaud  the   great deal that is positive about  this team and manager.