watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not sure if this is obvious

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 05, 2019, 06:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Our distribution from the back, frustratingly from Betts is so slow.
I (and a few others no doubt) think he's waiting for as many of opponents
players close us down leaving more gaps in mid field.

Is this obvious to most of us or am I stupid thinking that 100% off all on here
think the same.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Matt10

He's waiting to see if they are going to pressure near or drop back. He was able to find Mitro's feet a couple times with a somewhat chip distribution more often.

I'm not sure why "Slow" is questioned in distribution. Teams have defended us differently all season. Sometimes they will press high, or sometimes they will man-mark all over the pitch. Parker has said multiple times that he prefers the best pass that maintains possession. Hoofing a boot to Mitro has a better chance of us losing that possession.

I saw nothing wrong with distribution today. If anything, Betts looked pretty composed when put under pressure by his own teammates' backpasses.

Twig

Errr it's the way we play, our system. If you don't like it blame SP.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about that or the "slowness" of distribution
It was purely an observation as a part of the system we are playing which for longevity
in a match is perfect and suits the players as well.

We are on the up 
Cheers
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ALG01

there were a couple of occasions he could have gone quicker but when in doubt, play safe.

i do note a very iritating tendancy from the crowd to get on the players backs when they play keep ball at the back, i prefer that to an aimless lump up the field just to instantly lose possesion like most lower league clubs do. if you are going to play quick and long, the midfield have to be advancing as a unit to support the fowards as the ball is being playerd a la the old wimbledon style, we do not do that so I think people need to get used to this is what we do and to be very fair it is working!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

From my view it was not so much a case of Betts being slow but more of Charlton man marking all of our players leaving Betts few options to release the ball quickly.

filham

Can anyone else remember in the old days that coaching rule about passes from the midfield to attackers which stipulated that a poor pass made quickly was better than a good pass made slowly

Luka

If this style SP wants us to play is to be effective, it requires a high tempo and quick thinking.
Betts is just slow which means all that happened was Charlton got time to set themselves again, man mark  and get ready. It's about speed of thought, and quick decision making, both of which Betts is short on.