watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Carew

Started by Ron Sheepskin, November 05, 2010, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

Breaking news on the BBC - Carew out for 3 - 4 weeks with a torn calf muscle.

I very nearly feel sorry for Villa.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on November 05, 2010, 01:18:51 PM
Breaking news on the BBC - Carew out for 3 - 4 weeks with a torn calf muscle.

I very nearly feel sorry for Villa.

I'd feel sorrier if we'd just signed him..

TonyGilroy

Thank goodness we didn't.

Our medical team saw this coming.

Jimpav

I'll feel sorry for them if we beat them but nothing is a given in this league.

I don't recall any sympathy for us when Dembele and BZ were forced out through wreckless tackles or last January when we had no BZ, AJ, Dempsey and got beaten by every team we played during that period.

Not that I'm bitter. Much.

epsomraver

Heskey out as well, oh well they are cattled then!

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 05, 2010, 01:25:54 PM

:011: Too true, now maybe we can all give the long, complicated,drawn out Fulham medicals some support for a change.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 05, 2010, 01:40:53 PM

:011: Too true, now maybe we can all give the long, complicated,drawn out Fulham medicals some support for a change.
Only problem I have with all that is John Carew failed the Fulham medical when Tigana was manager...Carew has done quite well since then hasn't he?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

Quote from: finnster01 on November 05, 2010, 01:46:51 PM

Only problem I have with all that is John Carew failed the Fulham medical when Tigana was manager...Carew has done quite well since then hasn't he?

Wooooooooooooooooosh

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 05, 2010, 02:15:42 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 05, 2010, 01:46:51 PM

Wooooooooooooooooosh

Mr Tony,

For the record, the said Fulham medical took place in 2003 when Carew played for Valencia. He then played for Roma, Besiktas, Lyon (where he won the French league and cup) and Aston Villa where he has done pretty decent (48 goals over 4 years, 37 in the league). That is ignoring the fact that he won La Liga and was runner-up in Champions League just before that.

My point is, I question how injured he was 7 years ago? For a man diagnosed with "jumpers knee" by our top of the line medical team (his last injury is a calf muscle or hamstring by the way depending on who you believe).

A lot happens in 7 years and I'd like to point out that this is the same medical team that passed Steve Marlet and Andy Johnson :046: :046:

TonyGilroy

Yes. I know.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that his current calf strain is connected to his knee "problem" identified by the club's medical team 7 years ago when the club was desperate to find a reason not to go through with the transfer.

In the trade that's known as a "joke" although clearly one of very low quality.

epsomraver

I think Finn that the Carew transfer got caught in the spat between Mo and Tigana that was developing, I remember Mo having his own medical team check Carew out, as well as the clubs medical team , totally unheard of, I think Mo was getting Marletitus then and smelt a rat.

finnster01

Quote from: epsomraver on November 05, 2010, 02:47:32 PM
I think Finn that the Carew transfer got caught in the spat between Mo and Tigana that was developing, I remember Mo having his own medical team check Carew out, as well as the clubs medical team , totally unheard of, I think Mo was getting Marletitus then and smelt a rat.
Mr Epsom,
It was Tigana who went behind Mo's back with the second medical and MAF used that in the case when Fulham sued Tigana. The article below summarizes the Carew events fairly accurately as I remember them:
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/sport/news/reuters/2004/10/05/fulhamsuetiganaoverplayertransfers.html

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on November 05, 2010, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 05, 2010, 02:47:32 PM
Mr Epsom,
It was Tigana who went behind Mo's back with the second medical and MAF used that in the case when Fulham sued Tigana. The article below summarizes the Carew events fairly accurately as I remember them:
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/sport/news/reuters/2004/10/05/fulhamsuetiganaoverplayertransfers.html

Very interesting article, I stand corrected, I always believed it was the other way around.

K33NY

Will be an even greater chance for victory!! 2-1 or 2-0 for Fulham ;) well all of you guys have a nice weekend been fun getting to know this site this week! This weekend Im bussy, wont be able to watch the match :( but have a nice weekend! COYW!!