watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can I just clear something up?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 22, 2019, 12:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Been reading a lot of posts on here lately, where Parker's being compared to Slavisa, in that his team is where his was at this point in the promotion season, Slavisa had periods of failure, we then went on a 23 game unbeaten run, yada yada..

Please, just stop it, Parker is nowhere near the level of Slavisa, if Slavisa was dished this team last time around, we'd be top, and I'd lay both my houses on it.

Not a Scott Parker out guy, not a Scott Parker fan either, find his style boring and unattractive, reminds me of Ray Wilkins a bit, but, it's what we've been dealt, and we'll certainly be in for a frustrating, Paul Bracewell type season, with a very good team underachieving.   

It's want the owners son wanted, so..

..FOF..

I'm one of those who said that.

I am wrong. Sorry.

Someone said Parker did BETTER than Joka in the first 2 months of each of Joka's LAST 3 SEASONS with Fulham.

So far, Parker is definitely carving his own success as a new head coach:)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 22, 2019, 12:41:22 AM
Been reading a lot of posts on here lately, where Parker's being compared to Slavisa, in that his team is where his was at this point in the promotion season, Slavisa had periods of failure, we then went on a 23 game unbeaten run, yada yada..

Please, just stop it, Parker is nowhere near the level of Slavisa, if Slavisa was dished this team last time around, we'd be top, and I'd lay both my houses on it.

Not a Scott Parker out guy, not a Scott Parker fan either, find his style boring and unattractive, reminds me of Ray Wilkins a bit, but, it's what we've been dealt, and we'll certainly be in for a frustrating, Paul Bracewell type season, with a very good team underachieving.   

First Half of 17/18 Season vs 19/20 Season

1. Bettinelli vs Bettinelli
2. Fredericks vs S.Sessegnon (minor downgrade)
3. R.Sessegnon vs Bryan
4. Kalas vs Mawson
5. Ream vs Ream
6. McDonald vs Arter
7. Ojo vs Knockaert (major upgrade)
8. Johansen vs Johansen
9. Fonte vs Mitrovoic (massive upgrade)
10. Cairney vs Cairney
11. Ayité vs Cavalerio

Mitrovoic is an enormous upgrade, but otherwise its somewhat similar.

The Old Count

'Not a Scott Parker out guy, not a Scott Parker fan either, find his style boring and unattractive, reminds me of Ray Wilkins a bit, but, it's what we've been dealt, and we'll certainly be in for a frustrating, Paul Bracewell type season, with a very good team underachieving'

My thoughts entirely. 

BigbadBillyMcKinley

You have 2 houses? Was that a bragging moment then, or a necessary point to the thread? Just wondering.

Are you Slavisa in disguise?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

colinwhite

Bit of an unecessary topic .Slavisa is gone and will always be a club legend. Parker is here and unless Im much mistaken has a better record in the PL than the serb. It proves nothing ,neither does speculating what SJ would or wouldnt have done with this squad. Sorry

toshes mate

Parker is nowhere near the level of Slavisa, if Slavisa was dished this team last time around, we'd be top ...
The first part of this is factually accurate.  Jokanovic the coach is, IMO, light years ahead of Parker at this moment in time, and I find the comments about him not finding suitable employment in English football post Watford and post Fulham to make detrimental points against the man laughable.  Roy Hodgson spent years away from English football too, so what does English football know?

However, the second part is conjecture, in that it implies the current squad is better adapted to the kinds of methods used by Jokanovic than the two squads he took to the play offs, and I am not sure that would do him any favours.  Jokanovic didn't need the best players although it helped him to have reasonable and adaptable quality in key positions e.g. Cairney, Johansen, Fredericks, Malone/Targett, Sessegnon R, Aluko, Ayite, Odoi, Ream, Kalas, Mitro and Martin.  Jokanovic never asked for problem players and he didn't play them until they understood and played as he would wish them to, to a system that he understood, practised and preached. 

Parker hasn't yet found a system that he understands, practises and preaches.  And that is the huge gulf between him and Jokanovic.  Is that enough to guarantee Jokanovic success with this squad?  I think we would be quite surprised about who he would have training and playing with the juniors having dropped them from the first team squad for not sticking to the plan ...   

filham

Too early to judge Parker, remember it took Jokanovic over half a season to get his team up and running.

I am right behind Parker and was pleased with his appointment but having said that I did expect better results than we have achieved up to now. Not sure how long we have to wait but one more window should enable him to fill critical weaknesses, if perhaps we could maintain a top ten place up to Christmas then perhaps we could move up to the top six by the end of the season.

All of that sounds mediocre but in fact it is not too bad for a relegated team.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 22, 2019, 06:02:16 AM

3. R.Sessegnon vs Bryan
4. Kalas vs Mawson
5. Ream vs Ream
6. McDonald vs Arter
8. Johansen vs Johansen
10. Cairney vs Cairney
11. Ayité vs Cavalerio

I agree with most of the above except for one important thing: I personally consider S.Sessegnon a MASSIVE downgrade on Fredericks. Especially when considering how important Fredericks' pace was for Joka's style of football. He was one of the key elements of that team. S.Sess is more like the weakest link and the way he  cuts inwards doesn't have anywhere near the effect of Fredericks' raids down the touchline.

In Parker's defense we actually have one point more than Joka's promotion team after 12 rounds. Unfortunately that required a record breaking unbeaten run to reach the playoffs and I can't see that happening again this season.

FFC1987

I think that Arter is a significant upgrade on KMac to be honest. Plus, when you factor in squad players like Kamara, Reed, Reid, Christie, you have to say this squad, as a whole, is much better than Slav's. Before Targett and Mitro came in January particularly.

Mince n Tatties

Can you clear something up you say.
Yes...1 Spoon of bicarb soda,1 spoon Aloe vera,
1spoon of coconut oil...Mix into a paste and apply to the region.
Better tip is to stay away from Red Light Areas and seedy hotels.😜

JoelH5

3. R.Sessegnon vs Bryan
4. Kalas vs Mawson
5. Ream vs Ream
6. McDonald vs Arter
8. Johansen vs Johansen
10. Cairney vs Cairney
11. Ayité vs Cavalerio

Is this a joke?

Arter is miles better than Kmac of 2 seasons ago.
Cav is miles better than Suite
Mawson is miles better than Kala's
You conveniently forgot Knockaert, again miles better than Ayite/Kebano.

I'm not a Parker our person but the team we have is much, much better than Slavs team.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

3. R.Sessegnon vs Bryan
4. Kalas vs Mawson
5. Ream vs Ream
6. McDonald vs Arter
8. Johansen vs Johansen
10. Cairney vs Cairney
11. Ayité vs Cavalerio

Is this a joke?

Cav is miles better than Ayite

I'm not a Parker our person but the team we have is much, much better than Slavs team.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

S.F. Sorrow is so right about Fredericks, we have not replaced him and really miss his attacking pace,
How on earth we let him go on a free is difficult to understand.

jarv

Think back (if old enough) when Fulham sacked the man who was to become one of the best English managers ever. Sacked after one season.......Bobby Robson.  I think we need to be patient, Parker seems like a smart man.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: jarv on October 22, 2019, 01:20:50 PM
Think back (if old enough) when Fulham sacked the man who was to become one of the best English managers ever. Sacked after one season.......Bobby Robson.  I think we need to be patient, Parker seems like a smart man.

👍

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 22, 2019, 01:24:27 PM

👍

+2 That's Sir Bobby Robson, we also sacked Vic Buckingham that went on to manager Barcelona. Could we make it three managers going from Fulham to Barcelona.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 22, 2019, 01:34:14 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 22, 2019, 01:24:27 PM

👍

+2 That's Sir Bobby Robson, we also sacked Vic Buckingham that went on to manager Barcelona. Could we make it three managers going from Fulham to Barcelona.

Vic Buckingham got the sack before I was born but my (sadly departed) great Uncles that went in that era didn't rate him and accused him of selling off good club servants and, with the exception of Allan Clarke, replacing them with players past their sell by date.

Anybody on here rembember his tenure?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 22, 2019, 01:11:03 PM

3. R.Sessegnon vs Bryan
4. Kalas vs Mawson
5. Ream vs Ream
6. McDonald vs Arter
8. Johansen vs Johansen
10. Cairney vs Cairney
11. Ayité vs Cavalerio

Is this a joke?

It's not a joke and some whoscored performance statistics make my point

Arter whoscored performance is well below McDonald of 2 seasons ago.
Cavalerio whoscored performance is much better than Ayité (I guess statistics disagree with me here).
Mawson whoscored performance is below Kalas of 2 seasons ago.
And I didn't forget Knockaert i said he was an major upgrade.

Plus Betts, Ream, Johasen and Cainrey are not playing quite as well.

MJG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 22, 2019, 02:31:58 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on October 22, 2019, 01:11:03 PM

3. R.Sessegnon vs Bryan
4. Kalas vs Mawson
5. Ream vs Ream
6. McDonald vs Arter
8. Johansen vs Johansen
10. Cairney vs Cairney
11. Ayité vs Cavalerio

Is this a joke?

It's not a joke and some whoscored performance statistics make my point

Arter whoscored performance is well below McDonald of 2 seasons ago.
Cavalerio whoscored performance is much better than Ayité (I guess statistics disagree with me here).
Mawson whoscored performance is below Kalas of 2 seasons ago.
And I didn't forget Knockaert i said he was an major upgrade.

Plus Betts, Ream, Johasen and Cainrey are not playing quite as well.
Of course the results ar e12 games max againt 46 games total which had a 23 game run in it. So the scores from 2 seasons agao are heavily weighted for a team that did so well
Just the views of a long term fan