watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCByTheRiver

Alright - 21, from Hertfordshire.. Season Ticket holder in the HE. Been on Cottage Corner for a while. Thought I may as well get involved here too.

dstriker

Been awhile since posting with all of you..... My four kids have been keeping me busy the last few years.....

Trying to get back in the mix.....

Sir Alec of good Stock

First match PNE Home-1970/71.
Best season-1972/73.
Favourite all time player-Les Barrett
Favourite manager-Alec Stock
Best match-Carlisle Away-1975 FA Cup QF
Best goal-Viv Busby in the 4-0 demolition of Cardiff City when he picked the ball up on the half way line and beat 5 players and the keeper.
Regular on the TBT Coach through the 70s and early 80s.
Went 7 years without missing a home game from mid 70s to early 80s.
Stopped going to games in 1997, but will never forget some fantastic times following FFC all over the country and, on a few occasions overseas. Also will never forget the TBT trips with some of the best people you could ever wish to meet, a few of whom are sadly no longer with us.
The Chairman has done a fantastic job to get FFC to where they are today, but the Premiership is of no interest to me.
I never gave up on supporting the boys even when we were 91st in the League and lost at Torquay who were 92nd but that was a very different FFC to what it is today.
I could never support another team but just do not want to watch Premiership football which will be strange to the majority but not to one or two of you who will remember the bad times and the character that it took to get through them both as a supporter and a club.

OldSchool76

Hello everyone my name is Simon and I live in Maidstone.
I too was born into a family that all supported Fulham, pretty much all of them lived in or came from Fulham, my nan when she was alive lived in the flats behind the Hammersmith End.
My first game at the age of 7 was in 1976 Best Marsh and Moore were playing but we still managed to loose 5 1 at home to Notts County.
Over the last 36 years I have seen pretty much all the highs and lows, its amazing to think that you can see your club loose at home to Hayes struggle to get a draw at Ashford and then one day watch them play in a Europeon final.

Muz

Morning chaps
Long time reader of this forum
Been going since 1966
Live in Slough

A Humble Man

My grandfather was a farm worker in Norfolk who moved to Fulham for a better life around 1900 where he got a job as a postman and went down to the Cottage in its early days.  My father was born in Fulham and I was born a few miles away in 1948.  Went with my dad for my first game in about 1958 and have been going ever since.  I live in Fareham now but have been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years now.  My children are supporters as well. 

So my family is well into its second century of support.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

24Dejagacaniklic31

Born in Stockholm & lived there for 7 years before moving to the States, where I've lived now for well over a decade. Currently a college student in California. Supporting Fulham because of my Persian background (Dejagah) & Swedish upbringing (Kacaniklic)... also because I love to support underdogs :D

Tommi

Hi! I´m Tommi, 33-years old guy living in Finland. I have to admid i´m quite new Fulham fan. I started to follow this club a few years ago when Roy took the manager job. He had made great job with Finland National team, so I was interested to see how he can handle a new challences in Fulham. Great escape season really impressed me and I started really like this club! My first game at the cottage was in april 2009, when whites beat Stoke 1-0. Since then I have travelled to cottage one time in every season. Next time will be this sunday when I´m travelling to Sunderland game with my 6-years old son. It will be his first premier league match and he can´t wait it.

cheers
Tommi

LBNo11

...a very big  076.gif to all the newcomers, we hope you carry on posting your thoughts on a regular basis.

To all recent fans, on Friends Of Fulham, the members are happy to educate and guide you if you have any questions relating to the club we all support.

PS: Good to have you on board, you have already made more appearances at Craven Cottage than your fellow Finn Jari Litmanen.. :005:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Beefy

Greetings,

A bit about me: I recently moved from America and started following Fulham when Clint Dempsey came over. Watching Fulham games has been a constant struggle because there simply isn't much football on American TV, despite the fact that I bought international satellite specifically to watch more football.

I've been in your glorious nation for a few months and moved to London this week. One of my main motivations? To be close to Fulham FC and watch the team practice (if that's allowed).

I love Fulham but I feel a little intimidated given that I'm not as well informed about the club as most of the people here.

Hope to get to know yall more and if anyone knows of a good place to watch the Fulham vs. Sunderland match tomorrow please let me know.

:)

TheLegendMcbride

Hi, names Tom - I've been a season ticket holder in H5 for 3 years and been a regular since about '99.

Read this forum for a long time and now I'm ready to contribute !

Highlander

Had lost interest with football as Scottish game went back to a 2 horse game and I was at uni in Edinburgh when the Hibs casuals were on the rampage most Saturday nights
1st came to the Cottage for Fulham vs Celtic 19-July 2008 (Zamora's 1st game?)
Wanted to come to a local team for my sons (8 and 4 at the time)
Came to a few more games that season. My sons 1st shirt was Bullard - just before he left  fp.gif
Bought 1st season tickets with my oldest son for 2009-10.
Now that was a season.
My 1st away game was in Hamburg for the final. Such parallels with Aberdeen's run to Cup winners Cup against Real Madrid...
Now at 4 season tickets (just got to persuade my daughter to come and it will be 5).
Football at Fulham has resparked the interest and provides a safe place to take the kids  :scarf:

Burt

Welcome one and all... Enjoy your stay!

fulhamborn and proud

TommyBarrs

Names <<<<<<< Tommy Been a Fulham fan since birth 25/12/1988. Always lived in Shepherds Bush. NEVER QPR!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad uncle grandad all supported 1 team Fulham ! so of course i followed, First game i went too was Fulham -Wolves which i can never forget as we was battered 5-1, But my second match was against Swansea who we beat 7-0 :-).

Growing up in the early years was a bit hard football wise as all my friends was either QPR or Chelsea, But i use to love the banter. Fulham fc is different Craven Cottage is different but in a great way. Feels like home and is such a lovely club with great fans who know what they are talking about ( most of them ) Remember the old days, well the old days for me being the mid 90's standing behind the goal i use to love all that, the walk to the matches down the river, no place like it. We use to go to as many games as we can really 15-25 games a season in the lower leagues.

As i got older i started going on my own as my dad and uncle do not go to as many games as we use to. Met some great people along the way to, I do not get any stick off QPR fans anymore. haha

Joseph Figueiredo

Hi,

I'm a geography student at coventry university and have been supporting fulham
for over 6 years. Travel to most away games but struggle to get to the cottage
when i'm not in London. Originally from Balham and regularly go out in South
London.

Joe
Joe

Sniffer

First game was with my Dad on 17th September 1966  Fulham 2 Leeds 2.

Favourite player Allan "Sniffer" Clarke   

Most memorable match was the Hamburg game at the Cottage.
"Numquam Cede"

Patrick

Hi and hello to everyone  on  FOF...Patrick here.....just joined yesterday....been a Fulham supporter since I moved to London from Ireland in the early 1990's...ST Holder in H7.....FFC is a very big part of my life...a proper football club....with a touch of class thrown in..... the best.... ROI flag :dft009:

Burt

GoldCoastWhite