https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

aaronmcguigan

Hi,
My name is Aaron. Supporting Fulham since 1998.
Age 26 and manager in a Tesco Express in Belfast. Originally from Newry, Co Down, and looking to get over to as many matches as possible, but work life balance isnt the best at the moment, so more of an armchair supporter whenever I get the chance.

Favourite player at the minute has got to be Aaron Hughes, and probably my favourite player in my time as a supporter will have to be Steve Finnan.
Judging by my favourites, Im a fan of the unsung heroes!

COYW

TheDaddy

Welcome aaron,
Enjoy and Finnan was cream top call.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Hi, I am Stefano and I am a Fulhamholic.
I am from Rome (Italy), but I do have a slight obsession for London and the Uk in general, be it football or music or ales or whatever else. I came to live among you lucky people a couple of years ago, but unfortunately I am now back in Berlusconiland. My first time at Fulham was a 2-1 victory v Everton in the famous 2010 season and after that I never looked back. I had been to Spurs for my very first taste of english football, but nothing compared to the Cottage, the Golden Lion, Tasty's, the dump that was Bishops Park back then etc. It's fair to say It was love at first sight with the whole area even before a ball was kicked.
Since then I followed the whites home and away whenever I could afford it and this season I flew over for three games, Manure away and for the two back to back home games of Wet Spam and Manure again.
I didn't support any english team before. As a kid I was a Sampdoria fan, quite weird considering I am from Rome and I still look out for their results but I don't consider myself a Samp supporter anymore...I am 100% Fulham these days, although I do have a soft spot for Barnet (it was close to my home in London and I was their manager for years with Football Manager ;) ) and Celtic .
I also post on CC, but that place is really quiet and so I needed an extra bit of Fulham talk.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

F(f)CUK

I had never been interested in this thread but then I had a long train journey and decided to read the 60+ pages on my Blackberry.

My story - Long family history - Grandfather stated that he used to go Fulham/Chelsea back in 1915.

His earliest recollection was Bendy Reynolds the double jointed goalkeeper of the 1920s.

My dad got myself and my brother hooked.

My first game was in 74 and I think was a 3-1 victory over Swindon.

Who did I support? Well coming from Tolworth it was obviously Stoke City. The reason for this being Gordon Banks who was my hero. On a school trip to Chessington Zoo I sat in another carriage to most of my class mates. They all got off the train with GB's autograph. It still hurts today.

The selling of Jimmy Greenhoff, Fulham getting to the cup final, a few more visits to the Cottage, seeing Bobby Moore lift the World Cup at the Cottage and then ultimately sitting directly behind Marsh' goal versus Hereford and I was hooked.

By 78 I was going to every home game whether I was accompanied by my dad or not.

Many times during the 80s and 90s I would leave games saying never again and yet I still kept going to every home game.

At Liverpool Uni I would travel with Roger (Toofif seller) to any game in the NW and beyond.

I am now easy to spot as I push my nearly 18 year old in his wheelchair to games.

I can also be spotted as I am the nose of my profile picture.

I still cannot believe I put the brackets in the wrong place for my username. I am supposed to be F(f)CUK. Doh!!!

HatterDon

I haven't looked at this thread in almost 18 months. Read every post -- a sedentary 90 minutes or so, but wasteful? Never.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

7787fulham

Hi all im anthony and im from ash in surrey
I am a relatively new fulham supporter but have been a football nut ever since I can remember and now being 28 and after watching my first game against stoke at the cottage got the bug and returned for the london derby against qpr.
Before I started following the mighty whites I followed my local non league side of farnborough fc after watching their demise and rebirth once and watching them climb the leagues finally lost patience as they look close to folding again only 6 years after coming back especially with the league showing they wont take any more mis payments but have been happy to see them getting some good fulham youth prospects on loan.
So what am I looking forward to at fulham? Getting my first season ticket and hopefuly watchong them get into europe again

Barrie

Hi All,

I'm Barrie.

Life long Fulham fan (40 years old), passed on through the generations of my family.  Used to to a season ticket holder when I lived in London, but now poor health and distance (living in Christchurch, Dorset) mean I don't get up very often - only once this season so far.

sonvejita

Hi Guys,

I'm following this forum for some time now, and it really is a great one. The reason for becoming a Fulham fan is quite up front - I'm a Berbatov fan (yeah I'm a Bulgarian :dft009: ). Anyway this said, the club, the players, and most of all the fans (you guys) have put me to think that this is a great club. Digging further in the history of Fulham I really became keen of all it has done and become. So for those two main and very important reasons why I've become a real FFC fan.
About me: My name is Karim, I live in Bulgaria, age 27 for the rest you can ask any questions :)

btw - yesterday arrived my FFC kit :plus one: nice..... 

gezkc

Hi all,

I've been on this forum for a quite a while now, but was just looking through this section and realised I haven't introduced myself properly yet.

My name's Gerry and I live in Eton, Berkshire. I was born in Hammersmith 39 years ago and have followed Fulham all my life, as my dad was a huge Fulham fan - as is my uncle who's a current season ticket holder. I still have the Fulham hat and rosette my dad brought me back from the 1975 cup final. Fashions have definitely changed a bit since then!

I don't get to as many games as I'd like these days- probably 2 or 3 home games a season - but it means that every visit to the cottage is that bit more special!

Looking forward to chatting to one or two of you on here in the future, and perhaps seeing you at a home game sometime soon.
COYW!!  049:gif

Burt

FFC_17

Hello all, i am a Fulham-fan from Holland (Rotterdam-area). I work as a football reporter for a major Dutch website, mainly around matches of Feyenoord Rotterdam.

I visit FFC as often as i can, mostly 2 or 3 times a season. I fel in love with Fulham and Craven Cottage a couple of years ago, on my first trip to London. My first match was an evening game vs Burnley, which we won (i think) 3-0. I still remember getting goosebumps when i saw the floodlights appear through the trees when i was walking through Bishops Park. Since then i always try to pick evening games for my visits to FFC, and still get goosebumps everytime i walk to the stadium.

Craven Mad

Hi All,

I've been an avid reader of the board for years now, but thought it might be about time to start contributing to discussions.

In case anyone's interested, I'm a currently a student but will be moving to London soon to start a career. My student loan and distance from London has limited my time at the Cottage over the past 3 years (5-10 Games a season), but I'll be getting a new season ticket once I get to the Big Smoke. Hopefully Jol will have sorted out the midfield by then - we live in hope!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting involved.

COYW

Burt

Badger

Hi All,
I'm a new Fulham supporter and I increase the italian community supporting Fulham!!
I live in London and as a great football fan I was looking for an english team to support.
I visited many stadium here in London: West Ham, Tottenham, Chelsea (so boring guys!!!!), QPR, Wembley.. but when I was in front of Craven Cottage... I saw the light!!
i've just subscribed a season ticket for the next year so you guys have a new supporter now!!
Lele
Lele

madffc

Hi everyone

I've been a fulham fan for pretty much my whole life (coming up to 27) and have been a season ticket holder for 13/14 years in the hammy end... can just about remember some old division 2 games when i started to go to games more often, though my first game was when i was a baby.

Anyway thought it was about time i signed up on here after a few years of just reading etc

Thanks for having me!

NadsFromMauritius

Hello, friends

I'm Nadeem from lil' Mauritius Island (which can be pinpointed in the Indian Ocean for those who might not be too familiar with it), and I've been a FFC Fan for like 6 years or so (I'm 20 by the way). One of the factors that compelled me to translate myself into a FFC Fan would be the hospitality and complicity that everyone has got indiscriminately.

One of my dream would be to fly to Craven Cottage and potentially watch a dozen of matches featuring Fulham or more, and discover every facets of the club (with God's will; Ameen).

Best Regards,
Nadeem

COYW!
049:gif
"Mauritius was created first, and then heaven; and that heaven was copied after Mauritius" Mark Twain
(http://www.facebook.com/BeautyOfMauritius)

Daffy

Hi, I'm Daffy, real name David.  I have read this board occasionally over the years years and used to contribute on TIFF.  Glad to be here now.  Hope this isn't too long and dull!

Born in 1967, my dad introduced me to Fulham in 1976.  First match was against Bristol Rovers, George Best's debut.  We sat at first on the Stevenage Road side, and as I got taller occasionally in the Enclosure.  Although I haven't been in the Johnny Haynes Stand for years I remember fondly the feel of the wooden seats and the crush under the stand when trying to get into the club shop or buy a pie at half time.

I grew up in Norbury (near Streatham). In those days most kids at school supported Liverpool and a few liked Palace. I was definitely the only Fulham fan around. My dad worked long hours and on Saturdays we'd invariably leave home late for the match, having to race in the car through the streets of South London to get to the Cottage in time for kick off.  But we always made it, hurrying the last few strides down Finlay Street with its majestic view of the Cottage and stopping to pick up a programme on the way.

In the 1980s we used to stand near the Green Pole in the Hammersmith End.  I remember clearly the voice of the guy shouting ROASTED PEANUTS!  By that time I'd managed to convince a couple of mates to support Fulham and we used to love going down the front in the second half when Fulham were attacking our way, shouting out for Ivor at corners and occasionally getting a wink or smile in acknowledgement.  I loved the Supermac years, the Lincoln match, Roger Brown hoofs over the stand, clackety scoreboard, Ray Houghton and Noisy O'Driscoll.  I grew to despise Chelsea (and Kerry Dixon in particular) when we lost 5-3 at home to them, and even more so when Ivor signed for them.  Was distraught up at Derby when the crowd invaded the pitch and we were pelted with coins and even a pig's head by the nutters in the upper tier.

I didn't go to the Cottage much after 1986 when I started working for the Foreign Office. That period was surely amongst Fulham's darkest on the pitch too.  Overseas postings and marriage followed.  I was back in UK between 1994 and 1997, and present at Mansfield and Cambridge when we clinched promotion from the third division.  Amazing feeling, Micky Adams and Jimmy Hill were legends. 

I started working in Africa just after Mr Fayed bought the club in 1997 and stayed until 2004, missing much of our ascent up the divisions.  But I was back on leave and in the Riverside Stand with Dad and young son for Jean Tigana's first match as manager in 2000, watching open-mouthed as Saha, John Collins and Boa Morte tore Crewe apart. I think that season we played our best football ever. I happened to be in Mauritius when Sean Davis scored the winner at Blackburn to virtually secure our promotion to the Premier League, and caught the result on a crackly world service early the following morning.

I have been a season ticket holder since 2004 and attend most matches with Dad and son. It's a great family tradition that I wouldn't change for the world.  Home is usually in Coulsdon. I was in Jamaica for two years until late 2010, but convinced the Mrs to let me to fly back to see Fulham (lose) in Turin and Hamburg during that historic Europa League campaign.  Love Roy Hodgson and hold affection for Jol, and just hope the latter can get us firing again next season.  I am currently working in Libya, although I do fly back when I can to see the family and Fulham.  And with the benefit of satellite TV I am able to see most matches out here.  I reckon there are even fewer Fulham fans in Tripoli than there were in Norbury in the 1980s.  And probably fewer Palace too!

Pev

Hello fellow whites,

My name is Joe Peverill, aged 20, a politics student and  a devout Fulham supporter. Born and bred in Leicester, my grandad (who is a palace fan) used to take me to Fulham games when I was a young kid having lived just round the corner, and have supported the team ever since, averaging usually 5 games a season, mostly away.

I used to post on the old official forum quite a bit, but usually something of a lurker on FoF reading the opinions of other fans and members. I thought it was time to sign up and contribute towards the discussion, and maybe find other fans that I've met at away games in the past seasons!

My ultimate goal is to move to London and become a season ticket holder, how long before this can be achieved i'll never know!!
@Fulham_Boy