watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Sess

Started by MikeW, October 29, 2019, 09:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Has he played any competitive football this season or is his injury quite long term?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

FFC1987

Poch made an interesting comment about him saying hes coming back to fitness now but for an opportunity to come up, someone has to drop out and its extremely competitive. Big fan of Ryan but can't help but feel he made a poor decision leaving for Spurs. He needs game time, much like someone like Grealish is getting to really ply his trade. I don't see many opportunities coming even in a struggling Spurs team sadly. Maybe a cheeky loan bid in January will do him some good.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2019, 09:53:20 AM
Big fan of Ryan but can't help but feel he made a poor decision leaving for Spurs. He needs game time, much like someone like Grealish is getting to really ply his trade. I don't see many opportunities coming even in a struggling Spurs team sadly.

Agree

snarks

Poch also said it may take up to 18 months for the new signings to gel and hold down their places. Look at Moura, class player but it took him the best part of 9 months  to start playing regularly and well for the team.

I think Ryan is being groomed for Danny Rose's position in the squad, and unless they unload him in January (Rose) he is unlikely to play much this year.

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on October 29, 2019, 11:27:35 AM
Poch also said it may take up to 18 months for the new signings to gel and hold down their places. Look at Moura, class player but it took him the best part of 9 months  to start playing regularly and well for the team.

I think Ryan is being groomed for Danny Rose's position in the squad, and unless they unload him in January (Rose) he is unlikely to play much this year.

Unless the coaching team do a superb job on him, I really don't think he's a fullback.....

snarks

Danny Rose is more of a wingback than a fullback, that's what I think Sess was bought for.

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on October 29, 2019, 01:28:47 PM
Danny Rose is more of a wingback than a fullback, that's what I think Sess was bought for.

Even in that sense, I don't think hes a wing back.

gang

I think we might have fallen lucky with him, good season in the Championship, bit iffy in the Premier League, sold for a descent fee, only time will tell.

snarks

Wouldn't disagree, but I think he can be, and that's what they will work on.

love4ffc

Was amazed we held on to Ryan for as long as we did.  Agree I think it was a poor decision for him to go to Spurs but I can't blame him for leaving.  Every player strives to play in the best leagues.  If you don't take a chance you'll never know. 

As I like to say, good luck to him...unless he's playing against Fulham. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

charlieFFC

Lets hope it is similar to Zaha's career.

Was brilliant at Palace - went to United but didnt work out.

Returned to his old club to be constantly regarded as one of the best players in the league.

Now valued at around 80m

Over to you Ryan.

filham

Perhaps Spurs will decide to loan him out for a while, we could benefit but not sure he would command a regular place in our team right now.

KJS

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2019, 11:32:53 AM
Quote from: snarks on October 29, 2019, 11:27:35 AM

Unless the coaching team do a superb job on him, I really don't think he's a fullback.....

Totally agree

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on October 29, 2019, 04:52:14 PM
Perhaps Spurs will decide to loan him out for a while, we could benefit but not sure he would command a regular place in our team right now.

I would start Ryan Sessegnon every game rotating his position to rest players left wing and left back. Bryan plays better after a full week between games.