watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hull flashback

Started by Burt, October 31, 2019, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Anyone else remember that match in March 2009 where we absolutely battered them for 90 minutes only for them to score the winner with one of their only real chances in injury time?

I'm hoping that's not repeated on Saturday, I have only just got over the one 10 years ago!!

WhiteJC

you should remember that Jimmy Bullard said that Hull are a bigger club than Fulham  067.gif

Russianrob

Can still hear the words daylight robbery from Gent Jim when they scored.

res

Quote from: Burt on October 31, 2019, 12:17:18 PM
Anyone else remember that match in March 2009 where we absolutely battered them for 90 minutes only for them to score the winner with one of their only real chances in injury time?

I'm hoping that's not repeated on Saturday, I have only just got over the one 10 years ago!!

I think it was the only time that they reached our penalty area...a scrambled goal at the far post I think.

Prefer to remember the 4-1 Cup win a couple of years ago which included 2 penalty saves by Betts within 90 seconds of each other.

ScalleysDad

We were in P2 in those days and had a bunch of Hull fans in front of us. We had a pleasant evening swapping sweeties and a wicked cup of tea from the massive flask they smuggled in. They were packing up to go and were facing us as they said their farewells and the goal went in. It is hard to describe the mix of elation, surprise and embarrassment on their faces. Good times those.

But....... no repeat of that please. We will have a meltdown on here with a similar score even though Hull have proved to be no mugs in this league. They are probably as annoying to their fans as our lot are at the moment but Hull are two good wins on the bounce at the moment so it's going to be toughie.

Bill2

Think it was the same year when they got promoted to the Prem and they were our first game of the season at their place. We battered them their as well only to lose, they scored their second due to Paul Konchesky trying to shield the ball out of play and the ball got nicked crossed in and they scored. I was not happy.

Carborundum

My flashback is to the last time I saw them at the Cottage and how impressive Jarrod Bowen was.  Won't be easy on Saturday if he's on song.

WindyCity

Quote from: Burt on October 31, 2019, 12:17:18 PM

""absolutely battered them for 90 minutes""

It's all about tickling the twine, my friend.......

bog

If we think a lot further back our very first Football League game at the Cottage was v Hull City...lost 0-1.

That Jarrod Bowen is some player, I am surprised he is still there. 

092.gif

Burt

Newcastle are after him apparently. Hull offered him a new contract earlier this week. A fine player indeed, he has scored almost half their goals this season so he will need to be muzzled...

filham

Hull seem to have hit a bit of form just now, be prepared for a minor disaster of some kind on Saturday.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on October 31, 2019, 08:52:30 PM
Hull seem to have hit a bit of form just now, be prepared for a minor disaster of some kind on Saturday.

Even though there is some consensus that Hull have some quality, as do we, and that they are capable of getting a result, as are we, this board will melt down if we get beat one nil again.

JEEVES

I was a ball boy for that game for the first time in my life and we were absolutely smashing it that season. So typical that it had to he THAT game. I still have PTSD thinking back to having probably the best view in the ground of that garbage Man U loanee Manucho scoring the winner 😭.

RaySmith

Remember that game well - I was listening to GJ. After they scored there was just complete silence, you could hear the tumbleweed.

Also remember being at the Cottage  v hull at the end of the season the first time we were relegated from the Prem, 2013/4. WE needed a win to have a chance of staying up, and were leading up until the  closing stages with goals from Dejagah and Amorebieta, when Hull equalised. Gutted.

A week or two later I went up to Stoke, who  put the final nails in our coffin.